Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What games have you completed? 2014 Edition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Donkey Kong Returns and Blood Dragon done, both utterly glorious.

Now to get Assassins Creed 3 done in time for Bayonetta 2's arrival...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Murasaki baby :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Destiny technically since I finished the "story" mode. Still not exactly sure what that story was but I doubt Bungie are either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Finished Shadow of Mordor last night, well the main story. Really enjoyable game!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Two more added to the list - in bold:

Nexus 7

- Swordigo: cool little platformer, worked well on the tablet
    - The Room: puzzle game that everyone seems to have played!
    - Kingdom Rush: enjoyable tower defense
    - Spider: fun for what it was
    - Fractal: completed the campaign, fun puzzler

PC

- Guacamelee: absolutely awesome, one of my favourite games of the past few years
    - Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons: this was exceptional, a great gaming experience
    - Crysis Warhead: enjoyable for what it was, very similar to the original Crysis
    - Mass Effect 3: was pretty good but not a patch on the first two in terms of the plot
    - Assassin's Creed 2: The first AC game I played, really enjoyable if a bit of a slog towards the end. Has aged really well
    - Serious Sam 3: BFE: Fun game, as you would expect if you played previous Serious Sam games
    - Darksiders: Really liked it, will defo play the sequel. Combat was surprisingly satisfying!

Wii U

- Super Mario Bros. U: Good little game, could be tough and looked gorgeous in HD
    - The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD: the first Zelda game I played, I'd rate it as mediocre to be honest

Still working on Rayman Origins (co-op with the wife), Bit.Trip presents Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien on the PC, Super Mario 3D World (co-op with the wife) and Pikmin 3 on the Wii U and Broken Sword on the Nexus 7.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Fawk Nin

Zelda: ALBW
    Tomb Raider
    Hotline Miami
    Crysis 3
    InFamous 2
    Pokemon X
    Bioshock 2
    Far Cry 3
    Guacamelee
    Brothers: A Take of Two Sons
    Tearaway
    Resogun
    Virtua Tennis 4
    Mario Kart 8
    God of War 3
    Wind Waker HD
    The Last of Us
    Destiny
    Super Metroid

Adding :
    Strider [PS4] - Got this free with PS Plus and absolutely loved it. It got somewhat mixed reviews which I now feel were too harsh. If you have it on your backlog give it a shot, you'll know in the first half hour if it's for you.

Metro Last Light [PS3] - Excellent story driven shooter. If you're looking for an FPS that's a bit deeper this is it. I felt the campaign over stayed it's welcome a little bit. Also I had never played 2033 so story-wise I was kind of filling in the gaps. Enjoyable game nonetheless. It's gorgeous too, I can only imagine it looks incredible on the PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,602 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Earthbound
    Final Fantasy VI
    Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
    GTA V
    Castlevania:Symphony of the Night (Inverted castle!)
    Jake Hunter DS
    Shenmue
    Dark Souls 2
    Mother 3 (Sniff :()

Completed Shadow of Mordor last night. Great game & nice to see Monolith hit form again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Tales of Xilla 2
    Dark Souls 2
    TLOU Remastered
    Watch_Dogs
    Wolfenstein
    Diablo 3
    Demon Gaze
    Akibas Trip
    Danganronpa Goodbye Despair
    LoZ The Wind Waker
    Ys : MoC
    Conception 2
    Bravely Default
    Super Mario 3D World
    Mario Kart 8
    Hyrule Warriors
    Child Of Light
    Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited
    Tales Of Symphonia Chronicles
    Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist of Arland
    Icewind Dale
    Neverwinter Nights 2

Various Ps+ games as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

100% finish playing mario kart 8 oh no there 2 more dlcs to download and new characters to play in november 2014 and may 2015

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,879 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The Testament of Sherlock Holmes done.

ive fiinish main legend mode of hyrule warriors but with dlcs for this game i wont this game until next summer 2015, finish LoZ The Wind Waker last year 2013, Mario Kart 8 ive finish all main races including mirrior mode i got every gold for every cup but dlcs coming out November and may 2015, and amiibos for mario kart 8 ,we looking about autumn 2015 to finish mario kart 8

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Finished Assassins Creed I yesterday. Fairly repetitive but pretty decent even if the controls are slightly temperamental at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭da gamer

da gamer wrote: »
    Zelda a link between world's 3ds
    Mario kart 7 3ds
    Luigis mansion dark moon 3ds
    Battlefield 4 Xbox 360
    Splinter Cell Conviction Xbox 360
    Donkey Kong Country Returns 3d 3ds
    Assassins Creed 3 Xbox 360
    Metro 2033 Xbox360
    Professor Layton and the Curious Village Ds
    The Bureau Xcom Declassified Xbox 360
    Dmc devil may cry Xbox 360
    Rayman 3d 3ds
    Call of duty ghosts Xbox 360
    South park Xbox 360
    Alien Breed ps vita
    Crysis 3 Xbox 360
    Lego batman 2 dc superheroes ps vita

Fifa 14 ps4
    Total recoil ps vita

Finished the evil within at the weekend. Great game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

^^^I'd recommend playing Awakenings (import your character) and some of the other DLC first. It's all worth playing in my opinion although Witch Hunt is really just that... Dragon Age 2 continues the story and although it's dumbed down and the environments are reused it's worth playing.

PS3

GTA V
    Rain
    Remember Me
    The Last of Us
    Hitman Absolution
    Assasin's Creed Liberation HD
    Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
    Metro: Last Light
    Civilisation Revolution
    Tomb Raider
    Batman: Arkham City
    Dragon Age: Origins - The Golems of Amgarrack
    Dragon Age: Origins - Witch-Hunt

Adding:
    Mass Effect 1.
    The Walking Dead - 400 Days. It's short but fairly good.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Just finished Assassins Creed II. Enjoyed it more than the first one. I do have the third one ready to go but I might give it a few days before starting it. Pretty much did AC 1/2 back to back.

well you cant include mario kart 8 and hyrule warrior finish this year because there still dlcs coming out next for both games and amiibo coming out mario kart 8 next year

• Registered Users Posts: 6,049 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Just finished Wasteland 2. Ending was awesome.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,467 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Finished a play through of Rome 2 Total War for the first time. I had started a few campaigns in the past but lost interest before actually beating the victory conditions. Now just to try the rest of the factions ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,242 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Just finished 'Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess' for the Wii there, beautiful.

Birneybau wrote: »
    Just finished 'Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess' for the Wii there, beautiful.

now you need try gamecube version and The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword for wii

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

RopeDrink wrote: »
    I had never played any of them (much like how I hadn't played any of the Mass Effect series until blitzing through all three back to back last month) so now DA:O has me eagerly awaiting Inquisition, and maybe a good way to pass the time between DA:O and I, would be to try DAII.

DAII really is a let down after DA:O. I'd recommend going for Dragon Age: Awakening - more of an expansion for DA:O than just DLC and maybe the Witch Hunt DLC too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes
    COD: Ghosts
    Hitman Absolution

Was not expecting such a long campaign mode in Hitman but it was satisfying, loved the Courtroom scene and there is plenty of replay value with all the different ways to go about the missions. More action-oriented than the previous games, all good!

COD was a bit disappointing, didn't even bother with the multiplayer this time around

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Assassins Creed 3 done.

Straight into Bayonetta 2 tonight after the WiiU eventually finished it's bloody update. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Fawk Nin

Zelda: ALBW
    Tomb Raider
    Hotline Miami
    Crysis 3
    InFamous 2
    Pokemon X
    Bioshock 2
    Far Cry 3
    Guacamelee
    Brothers: A Take of Two Sons
    Tearaway
    Resogun
    Virtua Tennis 4
    Mario Kart 8
    God of War 3
    Wind Waker HD
    The Last of Us
    Destiny
    Super Metroid
    Strider [PS4]
    Metro Last Light [PS3]

Adding:
    Borderlands 2 [PS3] - Great game, improves on the first in almost every way. I enjoyed the humour and the cast of characters were always entertaining. Great villain. I might pick up The Pre-Sequel when it drops in price but I think I need a break from that world anyway.

Mario 3D World [WiiU] - Brilliant game, Nintendo always at their best with 3D Mario games. Still have to go back and 3 star everything but I have about 80% at the moment. Still wish Nintendo would do a true open-world sequel to Mario 64 though.

Adding Metal Gear Rising: Revengance.

Bit repetitive and the final boss was annoying as hell but a good game overall. Not something I will play again though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Portal 2
    The Last of Us and Left Behind
    Uncharted 2
    Uncharted 3
    Tomb Raider
    Rain
    Brothers
    Bulletstorm
    Vanquish
    Spec Ops: The Line
    Silent Hill: Downpour
    Stick it to the Man
    Bioshock Infinite
    Mirror's Edge
    Infamous
    Dead Space 2
    Arkham Asylum
    Hitman Absolution
    Uncharted
    Siren: Blood Curse

Adding:
    God of War 3: Enjoyed it but it can be an utter pain in the hole at times

Dead Nation: Really enjoyed this an awful lot more than I expected. Short and sweet but great craic.

ive finish mario kart 7, wind waker hd 2014 january, super mario 3d world,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,879 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And so ends Majora's Mask

Advertisement