Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2014 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Rooney not performing for me at all :mad:

Tried him in a CF role, False 9....nothing

Sell him if you can. His contract ran out on me as no one would buy him! His wages were too high and no one would sign him on a free.

I just cannot beat Real Madrid in the Champions League no matter what I do. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 foh

Downloaded the beta today and it seems to have most of the features of the full game ... Just wondering is it worth paying the extra money for the full version ? or just wait for next year's game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

foh wrote: »
    Downloaded the beta today and it seems to have most of the features of the full game ... Just wondering is it worth paying the extra money for the full version ? or just wait for next year's game?

You only get 1 season in the demo. Hang on a few weeks until the steam summer sale it will be going cheap, you'll get it at least half price

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Rebel Rebel

Can you still get headhunted in FM 14 by bigger teams if you are going well with your current team?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 foh

You only get 1 season in the demo. Hang on a few weeks until the steam summer sale it will be going cheap, you'll get it at least half price

Thanks !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Can you still get headhunted in FM 14 by bigger teams if you are going well with your current team?

Yeah I find it happens quite a lot in the second season of a save if you're going well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

It's an easy read. Quite enjoyable too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Here does anyone with a retina 15 inch macbook who moved there saves over from there old macbook. Have a problem with now heaving a 2D match over a 3D match ?.

The game as rates my GPU as worse then my old one. Considering i am now running duel GPUs LoL. A 750M should have no problem playing the game in 3D as on my 3 year old macbook i had a built in Intel card and that was running it no problems at all

Lads

I play with 2 advanced wingers, but during games they keep automatically getting switched - one is naturally left only and the other is naturally right only, so when my game switches them automatically during a game, they're completely out of position

Any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Lads

I play with 2 advanced wingers, but during games they keep automatically getting switched - one is naturally left only and the other is naturally right only, so when my game switches them automatically during a game, they're completely out of position

Any ideas?

Check your team instructions, you must have clicked allow wide players to swap

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Id love a football manager where you could select a starting era going back 20 or 30 years and play with those players with future players coming in a somewhat realistic to history fashion.

Can you stop the decline of liverpool, repeat the success of ferguson kind of thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Only bought this with the steam sale, played through one season with United, as I normally do when I first get the game, brought in Matuidi for £1million + Evra, sold Rafael to Real Madrid for £45million! How could I say no to that? Was a January sale, and he kept getting sent off in big games (3 in a row!) and didnt like me disciplining him for that so he had to go. Sold Michael Carrick for £5.5million, Hernandez for £23million and Valencia for £32.5million, oh yeah, and Vidic for £10million (he was going to leave on a free, Id rather then cash and play Smalling/Jones)

Had a very healthy budget then, in addition to Matuidi I signed Shaw, Sandro, Ramsey, Santon and brought in Lucas Ocampos on loan, would like to make it permanent but Monaco not really wanting to sell so not sure yet, I signed Will Hughes from Derby but loaned him back straight away for the season as he would not be getting a look in really and his development would be better served where he was. I also added Stephen Liechsteiner in January for a small fee, about £5million iirc

Outlay was around £100million, maybe a small bit more

Played 3 different formations over the year, they were all fairly interchangeable too, the main one was a 4231 with a variation of Kagawa (who bossed it) Mata, Januzaj and Rooney normally, operating behind RVP and a midfield pairing of Sandro and Ramsey behind them, Shaw was excellent all year at left back, and Santon was great as he provided a very good option at either side of the defence, Liechsteiner was a very solid right back for me, DDG was outstanding all year, 20 clean sheets in the league

Jones was the stand out centre half and was partnered by either Evans or Smalling, sometimes Rio.

Other formations were the xmass tree 4321 with Mata and Kagawa operating behind the striker and a very solid midfield usually of Sandro, Fellaini/Matuidi, Ramsey

The Barca style 433 was the other, with a DM, 2 CM's, and wingers (Ocampos and Nani, but could have been Mata/Rooney/Kagawa/Januzaj/Welbeck)

Found it easy enough going for the most part, City pushed hard for the league but I ended up coming away winners by 7 points, best defence in the league and best attack, RVP with 31 league goals and 17 assists, outstanding contribution all year from him, who I made my captain when I sold Vidic.

Obviously Steve Round got the boot as soon as I took over and I hired Tassoti to be my assistant, very good knowledge of the game. I had a poor showing in the domestic cups in fairness, going out in the semi of the league cup and the sixth round of the FA cup.

Some big development of players on loan which will give me some things to think about over the off season, Buttner had a really good spell with Ajax, Zaha was brilliant for Cardiff, instrumental in them surviving, Lindegaard was keeper of the year in the Championship with Forest who he got promoted with, Bebe was a tank in Portugal :) Henriquez was brilliant as was Powell and Will Hughes had a very good season also.

The big one, I was unreal int he Champions League, defensively the best team in it, and hammered the likes of Dortmund, Juventus and Barcelona on the way to a final with Real Madrid, that was a tense affair but I squeaked it with a second half penalty from RVP to win it 2-1

Great season and as I said, I found it pretty easy going, so I may be starting one of my journeyman saves quicker then I thought!

Edit: Just to say, the combination of Kagawa, Mata and Januzaj playing different roles behind the striker was the most effective one over the season, some fantastic football played by them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

In my 5th season at man utd and have made a power house of a team who win for fun and team has so much cover and depth is not even funny.

I base my team on youth and must of my team are 26 years and younger

Play with a 4 - 2 - 3 - 1 with a CM and BWM in the centre.

On the wings i play with attacking wingers with the ACM playing all out attack.

Upfront i play with a poacher

My best 11 is

.......................De Gea....................

Shaw ...... Doria ...... Jones ...... Jadvaj

...........Ward-Prowse ....... Pogba........

Isco ..... Tomas Mertinez ...... Januzaj

..................Barbosa ......................

The oldest player in my 1st 11 is De Gea at 27

The bench is nearly the same as that youth with a bit more old age.

Only problem i have found is that i have no top goal soccer EG a 30 Goal + a season player. I have nearly everyone in the attacking roles on 20 or so goals each.

The likes of my centre backs get about 7 goals each a season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

kryogen wrote: »
    Only bought this with the steam sale, played through one season with United, as I normally do when I first get the game, brought in Matuidi for £1million + Evra, sold Rafael to Real Madrid for £45million! How could I say no to that? Was a January sale, and he kept getting sent off in big games (3 in a row!) and didnt like me disciplining him for that so he had to go. Sold Michael Carrick for £5.5million, Hernandez for £23million and Valencia for £32.5million, oh yeah, and Vidic for £10million (he was going to leave on a free, Id rather then cash and play Smalling/Jones)

Had a very healthy budget then, in addition to Matuidi I signed Shaw, Sandro, Ramsey, Santon and brought in Lucas Ocampos on loan, would like to make it permanent but Monaco not really wanting to sell so not sure yet, I signed Will Hughes from Derby but loaned him back straight away for the season as he would not be getting a look in really and his development would be better served where he was. I also added Stephen Liechsteiner in January for a small fee, about £5million iirc

Outlay was around £100million, maybe a small bit more

Played 3 different formations over the year, they were all fairly interchangeable too, the main one was a 4231 with a variation of Kagawa (who bossed it) Mata, Januzaj and Rooney normally, operating behind RVP and a midfield pairing of Sandro and Ramsey behind them, Shaw was excellent all year at left back, and Santon was great as he provided a very good option at either side of the defence, Liechsteiner was a very solid right back for me, DDG was outstanding all year, 20 clean sheets in the league

Jones was the stand out centre half and was partnered by either Evans or Smalling, sometimes Rio.

Other formations were the xmass tree 4321 with Mata and Kagawa operating behind the striker and a very solid midfield usually of Sandro, Fellaini/Matuidi, Ramsey

The Barca style 433 was the other, with a DM, 2 CM's, and wingers (Ocampos and Nani, but could have been Mata/Rooney/Kagawa/Januzaj/Welbeck)

Found it easy enough going for the most part, City pushed hard for the league but I ended up coming away winners by 7 points, best defence in the league and best attack, RVP with 31 league goals and 17 assists, outstanding contribution all year from him, who I made my captain when I sold Vidic.

Obviously Steve Round got the boot as soon as I took over and I hired Tassoti to be my assistant, very good knowledge of the game. I had a poor showing in the domestic cups in fairness, going out in the semi of the league cup and the sixth round of the FA cup.

Some big development of players on loan which will give me some things to think about over the off season, Buttner had a really good spell with Ajax, Zaha was brilliant for Cardiff, instrumental in them surviving, Lindegaard was keeper of the year in the Championship with Forest who he got promoted with, Bebe was a tank in Portugal :) Henriquez was brilliant as was Powell and Will Hughes had a very good season also.

The big one, I was unreal int he Champions League, defensively the best team in it, and hammered the likes of Dortmund, Juventus and Barcelona on the way to a final with Real Madrid, that was a tense affair but I squeaked it with a second half penalty from RVP to win it 2-1

Great season and as I said, I found it pretty easy going, so I may be starting one of my journeyman saves quicker then I thought!

Edit: Just to say, the combination of Kagawa, Mata and Januzaj playing different roles behind the striker was the most effective one over the season, some fantastic football played by them

My first act as well :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Anybody any ideas about when we will start to hear of new features for FM15?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Really struggling to get players fit after being out for so lomg.
    When you increase theit training load they become unhappy rather quickly. And idea other than just playing them?

Slattsy wrote: »
    Really struggling to get players fit after being out for so lomg.
    When you increase theit training load they become unhappy rather quickly. And idea other than just playing them?

Make them available for the under 21's until match fit, you can even set it to limit them to 45 or 60 minutes a game if you like

kryogen wrote: »
    Make them available for the under 21's until match fit, you can even set it to limit them to 45 or 60 minutes a game if you like

Tried that, but they never seem to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Got pissed off with Rooney, made him vice-captain, massive wages, never performed, doesn't like it when I deservedly fine him nobody would buy him for 40m, 30m, 25m, told my DoF to sell for 20m.

He signs for Tottenham.

Got Ronaldinho on a free, nostalgic yes, but a perfect tutor for Janujaz :P

• Advertisement

i hate this bloody game!!!!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Playing through the World Cup atm as Honduras. Lost 3-0 to France before winning 4-1 against Ecuador. Last game against Switzerland, a draw will put me through :D

Annnnd I lost 4-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,174 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Kazuyoshi Miura just turned 50 in my game. He is still my starting striker in Thailand and has 16 goals in 18 games (missed 14 games with injury). 4 wins away from my first league title with Police United.

F*cking legend.

Right

Started my 5th and final save of this years game with Leeds. I'll get 4 months out of this til FM 15 is out

• Registered Users Posts: 15,174 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Oat23 wrote: »
    Kazuyoshi Miura just turned 50 in my game. He is still my starting striker in Thailand and has 16 goals in 18 games (missed 14 games with injury). 4 wins away from my first league title with Police United.

F*cking legend.

Well f*ck. :(

RWqn9AT.png

Looks to be a good attacking coach and he only wants €80 P/W :)

Right

**** it

Deleted my save and starting my 5th and final save of FM14 before the new one comes out in October.

Starting with Leeds as always - I am clued in as to who to sign to get me out of Champiobnship, but can anyone recommend some wonderkids to sign with a budget I have now of 500k?

Dont necessarily need them to hit the ground running this season but want them to come to fruition when I get promoted, so any 100/200k wonderkids lads?

I get drawn against Real Madrid in the Champions League every season and I always ****ing lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Rebel Rebel

Finally got my Bromley team out of the Skrill South Division after 3 convective years making the playoffs, even thou last season i clocked out 85pts which would have been enough to win the league any other season only fecking Sutton Utd came down from the Skill Premier and beat me by a point, as a result i lost 2 of my star defenders due to them not wanting to sign a new contract (one was 18 i was hoping to sell later down the line) and my main striker who retired at 41. The play offs, 1-1 draw and both legs and then a crazy penalty shootout, lost 18-17

So this last season down 3 main players i let youth have a chance and scraped into the play-offs, made the final vs Bath after an away draw and home win vs Farnborough. We than hammered Bath 5-1 with 4 goal in the last 20min. Yea so its off the the Skill Premier for little Bromley.

Worryingly the Finances are down 170k from last season showing a lost of 110k despite spending well under the wage budget after loosing the 3 stars. Ill never get the training ground upgraded without funding if this continues.

So on to the Skill Premier I just hope i can hold on to my main defensive unit for the next season, the my blood GK was an youth in take is currently the Denmark U21 GK and could be difficult trying to keep him and the club.

Anyway this lower league stuff is worth a go, Different to the upper league saves and rewarding battle to keep your club in the Green and get promoted

Real Madrid very hard to beat in Europe.

I'm currently playing with Barcelona and I've met them in the semi or final for the last 3 seasons and they've beat me.
    Bastards!

• Advertisement

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I get drawn against Real Madrid in the Champions League every season and I always ****ing lose.

Yeah I have had that, it will make the victory all the more sweeter when you do finally sneak past them though keep going!

Advertisement