Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2014 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 TheDazzler

Has anyone here won the Champions League with a League of Ireland team in FM 2014? If so, how many seasons did it take?

I set up Bohemians and cheated by 'adding manager' from Man City/Real Madrid/ Man United and buying all my crappy players for £40m and such. So I've pumped about £300m into the club and I still think it'll take me 10 seasons to do it, if at all. I'm 4 seasons in, I still only have 3 star training and youth setups and as you can only get half a star a season, it'll take another 4 seasons at least to get top/top.
    I bought a load of wonderkids when I started so that I can dump my LOI players when they qualify as 'trained at club' but the thing is, coz the facilities and the league is so poor, they aren't going to develop into anything decent.
    Also, I'm still only getting 1,500 at league matches, what sort of league attendances are you guys getting once you win Champions League?
    I played about 60 seasons with Notts County on FM2012 and won multiple Champs League (was unbeaten for over 100 Champs League matches!) and had a 140,000 stadium but FM 2014 looks much, much harder.
    I reckon it would take 50 seasons of hard, hard grind just to get into a position of winning one with Bohs if I hadn't sugar daddied a few hundred million into the club :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

TheDazzler wrote: »
    Has anyone here won the Champions League with a League of Ireland team? If so, how many seasons did it take?

I set up Bohemians and cheated by 'adding manager' from Man City/Real Madrid/ Man United and buying all my crappy players from £40m and such. So I've pumped about £300m into the club and I still think it'll take me 10 seasons to do it, if at all. I'm 4 seasons in, I still only have 3 star training and youth setups and as you can only get half a star a season, it'll take another 4 seasons at least to get top/top.
    I bought a load of wonderkids when I started so that I can dump my LOI players when they qualify as 'trained at club' but the thing is, coz the facilities and the league is so poor, they aren't going to develop into anything decent.
    Also, I'm still only getting 1,500 at league matches, what sort of league attendances are you guys getting once you win Champions League?
    I played about 60 seasons with Notts County on FM2012 and won multiple Champs League (was unbeaten for over 100 Champs League matches!) and had a 140,000 stadium but FM 2014 looks much, much harder.
    I reckon it would take 50 seasons of hard, hard grind just to get into a position of winning one with Bohs if I hadn't sugar daddied a few hundred million into the club :)

In last years game i won the Europa League with Rovers, i'd say it took 15 years, Champions League 1/4 finals was my limit, i left some dynasty behind me, i think Brendan Rogers was manager last time i checked and they were Group stage regulars.
    This year i got them to the CL knock out round but was left disillusioned after being cruelly knocked out on away goals by PSG :pac: and i'm currently building a project at Derby via a short term at Wolves

• Registered Users Posts: 47 TheDazzler

In last years game i won the Europa League with Rovers, i'd say it took 15 years, Champions League 1/4 finals was my limit, i left some dynasty behind me, i think Brendan Rogers was manager last time i checked and they were Group stage regulars.
    This year i got them to the CL knock out round but was left disillusioned after being cruelly knocked out on away goals by PSG :pac: and i'm currently building a project at Derby via a short term at Wolves

Impressive!
    Ah screw it, I reckon I'll go back and start again. I'll only feel dirty winning it after putting all that money in. But my God, I reckon it's going to take 30 seasons just to have a shot and that's a looooooong time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭Brian017

Anyone getting this on Vita tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

I've a coupon for fm14 75% off till may 13th if anyone wants it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Nolars wrote: »
    I've a coupon for fm14 75% off till may 13th if anyone wants it.

I'd be interested mate, what do i need to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

Slattsy wrote: »
    I'd be interested mate, what do i need to do?

Just add me on steam and click trade with me same username as here.

Nolars wrote: »
    Just add me on steam and click trade with me same username as here.

Added you there, jeez you're a fine looking thing!

No idea how this trading lark works mate..

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

I have a voucher as well just PM me

• Advertisement

Anyone wanna buy a voucher?
    I give you good price. You buy. You buy.

:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I've been playing the challenges and I've completed 2. The kids one (using barcelona) and the unbeaten run one (with bayern).

How do you do these challenges. I am off the beer for a few weeks and getting addicted to this game again is my plan to stop me from going out on weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,823 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

When you start a new game you should be given an option to do challenges. Choose the one you want to do from there. They are short, medium or long and range from easy to hard.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 96 ✭✭mruser2014

Looking for a steam voucher code if anyone has one?

Thanks

Anybody got a good tactic for good counter attacking football. I took over United and even with all the attacking quality i can't get anything going especially away from home. Starting to think i gave Moyes a raw deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Anybody got a good tactic for good counter attacking football. I took over United and even with all the attacking quality i can't get anything going especially away from home. Starting to think i gave Moyes a raw deal.

I use a 4-2-3-1 with no wingers. Set everyone individually to mark tighter. The 3 AMC's are AP in the centre and SS either side of him with run wide and move into channels. The DM's are both bwm one support one defend.
    Every away game i set to counter and rigid, instructions are drop deeper, more direct passing, pass into space, hassle opponents, higher tempo, drill crosses.

It completely stifles the opposition midfield and on the counter the AMC's all sprint wide into space to pick up the cleared ball and usually get a good chance created. It's pretty decent football too I won the league with Arsenal only lost one game to ****ing bottom of the table Watford.

I use a 4-2-3-1 with no wingers. Set everyone individually to mark tighter. The 3 AMC's are AP in the centre and SS either side of him with run wide and move into channels. The DM's are both bwm one support one defend.
    Every away game i set to counter and rigid, instructions are drop deeper, more direct passing, pass into space, hassle opponents, higher tempo, drill crosses.

It completely stifles the opposition midfield and on the counter the AMC's all sprint wide into space to pick up the cleared ball and usually get a good chance created. It's pretty decent football too I won the league with Arsenal only lost one game to ****ing bottom of the table Watford.

I will give it a try it actually suits United to be honest. Fits Mata, Kagawa and Janjuaz in behind Rooney or RVP hope it works.

I will give it a try it actually suits United to be honest. Fits Mata, Kagawa and Janjuaz in behind Rooney or RVP hope it works.

I went a bit mental with all the out of contract players one summer and had a load of attacking mids. I had to work around it and I never looked back. I find re training a natural winger in the SS role works really well, bucketloads of assists from crosses. I actually had henriquez upfront for Arsenal and he scored for fun, did a decent job as an SS too

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭polarbearhead

Can you disable the financial fair play rules in fm14?

Is their no way to load up the same save from a different computer. My laptop is busted i loaded up steam on my new laptop but have no previous saved games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Yeah but you have to save to the cloud first...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭Guffy

Is their no way to load up the same save from a different computer. My laptop is busted i loaded up steam on my new laptop but have no previous saved games.

The save file is on the hard drive of the computer not steam. If you can get onto ur laptop you can put the file onto a usb r something and put it onto the other comp but other than that... no

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Remove the HDD from your old laptop, put it in an enclosure and connect it to your new laptop.

I started using the football manager classic mode it streams and is quicker. But does anybody know if you can make the database bigger for this mode. Besides Brazil and Argentina their is very few players outside Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Football Manager 2014 available to buy for €12.50 through this link for anybody thinking of buying it.
    http://t.co/1oQVUt2Ilv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

My twin pronged attack of Carlos Fierro and Yassine Benzia are doing all sorts of damage

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Got fm14 for vita,playing as QPR,10th in the league,I keep drawing matches 2-2 or 1-1,very frustrating,I always seem to concede late :mad:.

Got fm14 for vita,playing as QPR,10th in the league,I keep drawing matches 2-2 or 1-1,very frustrating,I always seem to concede late :mad:.

You should change to a very defensive possession tactic for the last 15-20 minutes. I actually find I score a few late goals playing defensive towards the end.
    It can tend to be a very frustrating game at times though, the crossing is soul destroying

• Registered Users Posts: 31,823 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I've got an embarrassing amount of excellent young central midfielders and I can't fit them all in!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Rooney not performing for me at all :mad:

Tried him in a CF role, False 9....nothing

Advertisement