Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

air rifles?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,457 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Nearly a year?

that;s some wait for an air rifle. Suppose at least it's over, but still.

Best of luck with it.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭cw67irl

What did it cost you murph do you mind me asking??? I was big into the Air rifles when the HW100 came up out but never bought one in the end!! Still have the temptation for one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Backfire

cw67irl wrote: »
    What did it cost you murph do you mind me asking??? I was big into the Air rifles when the HW100 came up out but never bought one in the end!! Still have the temptation for one!!

I have a springer (hw97k) and i love it dearly but i have always wanted a PCP too, and the hw100k sporter stock is my favourite. Maybe some day....;)

Let us know how the rifle is when you get it. What power rating will it have? 12ft/lbs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

Thanks lads, its been a long wait alright, just glad that its finally getting sorted!

I prefer the look of the sporter stock myself but function over form for me on this one and I think the pistol grip is more comfortable and practical.

Its the FAC version which I think they are 25 ft-lbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭1shot16

Backfire wrote: »
    I have a springer (hw97k) and i love it dearly but i have always wanted a PCP too, and the hw100k sporter stock is my favourite. Maybe some day....;)

Let us know how the rifle is when you get it. What power rating will it have? 12ft/lbs?

Also have a hw97k in .22 love it to bits :D

• Advertisement

1shot16 wrote: »
    Also have a hw97k in .22 love it to bits :D

Mine is a .22 too ;)

Mine has a nice few accessories too :)

24ow.jpg

Mine has a nice few accessories too :)

24ow.jpg

Very nice indeed mate :)

I dont have a sling or bipod on mine, its the mark II which is the same as yours. The Mark I had its barrell longer than the underlever and thus not a carbine and called the hw97. The new hw97k rifles have a different style to the stock, dont know if there is any other changes. I think our model is the nicest :)

Albeit the weight is an issue and i can see the benefit of a bipod.

I have a sling and bipod on a cz 455 .22LR rifle alright and the bipod is a massive comfort for accurate shooting.

Backfire wrote: »
    Very nice indeed mate :)

I dont have a sling or bipod on mine, its the mark II which is the same as yours. The Mark I had its barrell longer than the underlever and thus not a carbine and called the hw97. The new hw97k rifles have a different style to the stock, dont know if there is any other changes. I think our model is the nicest :)

Albeit the weight is an issue and i can see the benefit of a bipod.

I have a sling and bipod on a cz 455 .22LR rifle alright and the bipod is a massive comfort for accurate shooting.

Most springers dont shot well of bipods but its grand for a bit of plinking at close range.Small bit weighty but other than that i love it.Wanted a HW97K when i was 15 nd when i turned 16 straight to the dealers where i picked her up :D Shes a keeper :P

Does anyone know where I can pick up a good quality 300bar surface use cylinder for my new air rifle?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Tikkat3

murph226 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I can pick up a good quality 300bar surface use cylinder for my new air rifle?

Give Patrick Carley a call, he has them in stock and will courier to you http://patrickcarleyfirearms.com

Still waiting on the licence, picked up a 7 litre 300 Bar cylinder and charging gear while I'm waiting.

Any recommendations for cleaning gear and some oil for the stock?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Tikkat3

Most just get cleaned if accuracy drops so it's very different to a rim or Centre fire.

I have perfect performance and. accuracy for a thousand rounds + at this stage.

Air rifle barrels like to have lead in them for so many rounds but your barrel will let you know when that changes.

A bunch of. 22 patches on a pull through is generally the accepted way on an PCP 22.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Eo1n8wrd

This video is handy, shows you how to make a pull-through that works perfectly with stuff you'll have kicking about in the shed:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZdYfmIAYBA

Finally got a letter saying that my application had been received, I called the Supers office and was told I should have I should have the license letter in 10 days!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭tac foley

Tikkat3 wrote: »
    Most just get cleaned if accuracy drops so it's very different to a rim or Centre fire.

I have perfect performance and. accuracy for a thousand rounds + at this stage.

Air rifle barrels like to have lead in them for so many rounds but your barrel will let you know when that changes.

A bunch of. 22 patches on a pull through is generally the accepted way on an PCP 22.

I've had a Walther LG55 target springer since the late 1980's - the previous owners were my gun club in Berlin and I won it in a raffle on one of our frequent returns.

Until I put a couple of cleaning pellets through it a few years back, I don't bleeve that the bore had ever been cleaned.

Being a crappy shot anyhow, it didn't seem to make much difference. My Feinwekbau P70 hasn't yet been cleaned down the barrel, and the previous owner is a current Olympic silver medallist from the London Paralympics, having been a Gold medallist in Beijing. He'd never cleaned it either.

Sadly, none of his skilful shooting was left in the rifle when it came to me...

tac

Finally got my grant letter this morning, should have the HW100 going in the next few days!

Anyone else think the license fee is a bit on the steep side or am I just a tight barsteward?

Finally got my grant letter this morning, should have the HW100 going in the next few days!
    Congrats.
    Anyone else think the license fee is a bit on the steep side or am I just a tight barsteward?
    Considering the old price, and that you had to pay per year it's, overall, cheaper. Even the shotgun licenses are almost on a par.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

To be fair i think they should give a plastic card like a drivers lience!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭cw67irl

What did the HW100 run you do you mind me asking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

To be fair i think they should give a plastic card like a drivers lience!

Yep, that is a good idea. And it should have a photo on it too. I'm amazed that the current licences don't have a photo seeing as we have to supply one when we are applying for the licence.

Yeah a photo should be on it too i was surprised to get a crappy piece of paper and i paid 80 for a feckin licence!

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Yep, that is a good idea. And it should have a photo on it too. I'm amazed that the current licences don't have a photo seeing as we have to supply one when we are applying for the licence.

That's unusual.

So anybody checking your license really has no idea if you really are who you say you are.

How, then, do you buy ammunition in a store where you are not known?

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 14,459 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

tac foley wrote: »
    That's unusual.

So anybody checking your license really has no idea if you really are who you say you are.

How, then, do you buy ammunition in a store where you are not known?

tac

They just note down all the details off the licence, that's all they can do really.

Thanks, Blay.

Just seems to be open to abuse by a person with criminal intent, that's all.

tac

It has worked this way since the start.

When the 2009 licensing system was "overhauled" there was talk or rumor of a new card and it having a photo on it. Hence the reason we were required to supply two photos with each application. It never materialised. Like the new system itself it was rushed into service before it was ready and the new cards turned out to be pale imitations of what they were supposed to be.

If the system was abused and someone with a stolen or fake license got ammo they still need the firearm. It would only be if the Gardaí decided to audit that any errors would be caught. It is far from perfect, but again it "works" so is not properly updated.

And also u could buy any .22 ammo should specify maybe what .22 ammo u can buy as is LR WSM HORNET etc

Who do we go to with these new proposals?

Also draw up a list whats like for like i find that very vague also....

Who do we go to with these new proposals?
    Approach your NGB. Give in your details, concerns and ask them to bring up the topic. It's better this way as they will provide all such applciations rather than the one at a time if people were to send it to the DoJ directly. Also it would be ignored from an individual.
    Also draw up a list whats like for like i find that very vague also....
    It's purposely like that. So the end decision can be made by the Super and s/he has room to manoeuvre"".

License and rifle finally arrived, they gave me 100 rounds on the license after asking for 500.

The scope is just barely touching the barrel with medium mounts, would it be ok to shim the scope up with something like a sliver of lead instead of getting new mounts, or would I be ok even temporarily until I get some new mounts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

License and rifle finally arrived, they gave me 100 rounds on the license after asking for 500.

Is it even possible to buy 100 pellets? I've only ever seen tins of 500 or more.

If they aren't sold in batches of 100 but only larger tins, how are you supposed to buy ammo legally?

Advertisement