Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIBBF Spring Classic 2014

Options
  • 27-04-2014 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

Did anyone else go to the Spring Classic yesterday?

Worst show I was ever at, so badly run.
    The lighting was TERRIBLE! It didn't do justice for any of the competitors who worked so hard.

They got people's music wrong a few times, the crowd just lost interest after the first hour. Standard was decent(ish)
    But it was just a really bad show overall

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Heard the stage was awesome but the lights sucked.

Competitors were supposed to have looked way better off stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Lenn Brennan

They did actually, they need to start pre judging it's way too long of a day, 12 hours!

NABBA shows are far superior, you can do the full day if you want or just the evening show.

It must have been so frustrating for competitors after dieting for 16-20 weeks, to be let down by something as basic as lighting

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭COH

I don't remember the last time I heard of a good RIBBF show... shame really with the amount of effort these guys and girls put into getting ready for the shows to be consistently screwed over by poor organisation, poor judging, in fighting and bullsh*t politics

Yeah nail on the head, the money they make at those shows too and they present it like that.

Can't wait for the NABBA nationals now.
    I hear the worlds are sold out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭kult

Can't wait for NABBA too. Do not go to ribbf anymore, no point, already know whos going to win. I know one girl, she cnacelled her competing after she heard who was going to win this year, and that person won...hehe good 1

• Advertisement

Yeah the first timers and juniors results were a joke yesterday, theres always controversial results.

That Bullman aul lad is a disaster on the mic too, apparently he won't let anyone help with the organising.

Yeah Mark looked brilliant, that was bull. There was another guy Eduardo, a monster for a junior, in great shape and condition, I had him to win that class

I had mark or Eduardo myself, but we have to agree that competitors do not win , but contacts, judges and relatives...

Totally agree! I'm hoping to compete next year and there is not a chance it will be an RIBBF show!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Any pictures to show the dodgy decisions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

JJayoo wrote: »
    Any pictures to show the dodgy decisions?

Bluntforce bodybuilding have a few up. Irish muscle had a status saying they'd be up tonight.

I'd say they'll be brutal shots, the lighting was atrocious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭saucers82

kult wrote: »
    Can't wait for NABBA too. Do not go to ribbf anymore, no point, already know whos going to win. I know one girl, she cnacelled her competing after she heard who was going to win this year, and that person won...hehe good 1

when and where is this on?

It will be in the olympia, around the end of september/start of october

cool thanks, long old wait then :(

Yeah it will but it's always a great show, Paul Byrne knows what he is at

who guest posed on saturday?

William Bonac IFBB pro, we missed it though, we'd been there for nearly ten hours and there was still a few hours to go, our friends who were competing earlier were wrecked and needed to go home

yeah i was going to head down but when i heard there was no set time for the evening show, i said forget it lol

was there many female competitors? any bodybuilders or all figure?

They don't do pre judging or an evening show, it's all done over the whole day, every competitor does an individual routine even if there is 30 in a class, then there is the call backs, then they call the next class then the next class, then they call the first class back for the final 6 and results, it's ridiculous,

Yes there was about 5 female classes, they do that by bringing the girls out one at a time to various music and let them do their routine then call backs and results.

They need to start pre judging

• Advertisement

Sorry and yes there was female physique but there were only 3 competitors

yeah its dying out unfortunately :(
    don't think the look is popular

It's all bikini and fitness now

yeah, Ms Olympia bodybuilding could be gone soon i think - that was on the bucket list ah well

Don't give up on it

Yeah unfortunately it's the likes of this crap that goes on all the time, she had that won before she even started dieting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

In fairness to the girl, she has been putting in the work/effort. Not sure if she was 1st place material but she has been quite dedicated.

Work and effort, I saw most of them training, it's a laugh not training, make up, long nails etc. Work and efford is Coleman, Dorian, Lee Priest etc, they train and can be called work and effort...not talking in the gym about make up and have 40 min sessions... give me a break

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

No need to be mean to them. They put in the effort and look better than most that go to the gym! I don't know if she deserved to get first though. There was another girl who came second in Nabba last year who I think was in the same category as her this year who looked better imo.

Advertisement