Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games: Card for being uncivil

Options
  • 19-04-2014 9:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭

Few PM's with the mod who said I was acting the prat and not changing his decision.
    RasTa wrote: »
    It's not the first time tbh, do some research before responding.

Is my crime, now I was arguing with the mod who ended up issuing me the card but fail to see how above constitutes acting the prat.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,462 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Hi RasTa,

First off, I note that the warning was issued due to you being "uncivil" towards another forum member. I have reviewed the warning along with the rest of your posts in the thread. One thing that has immediately struck me is that you seem to be an avid PS4 fan, but perhaps not so much of an Xbox 1 fan. To be honest, you come across as being confrontational in the thread. I am sure that is not your intention, but that is the impression that you are giving off.

The post in question was uncivil. Each and every forum user is allowed to outline their opinion on the forum, and it is not acceptable to tell a user to 'do some research' before posting just because they may disagree with the content that you are posting.

I also note that you accused a forum user of 'misquoting' you prior to you making the post that you received a warning for, and you repeated that allegation in the offending post itself. If you feel that you are being misquoted then you should PM a member of the moderation team to have it looked into. As you know by now, Boards.ie operates a system of peer review moderation to ensure fair treatment for all forum users. Getting involved in a spat only serves to derail the thread and does not help the situation in the slightest.

The warning system is in place to serve as a reminder of the forum rules. I do note that you have received numerous warnings and infractions in the past, so you should be well versed in the rules at this stage and as to what is considered acceptable behaviour.

I think this warning should stand to serve as a reminder of the forum rules, and hopefully it will be the last that you have to receive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I've being a member here since 99 so I think my warning count isn't that high over 15 odd years. I still don't think it's merited as it's a discussion board and I am not insulting anybody. You would see the same type of posts regularly in the soccer, politics heck even the cooking forum.

I don't get how me being a PS4 fan(which I'm not) has anything to do with anything btw, what affect does that have on your decision to uphold?

Also you still haven't explained why my post is deserving of a warning, what part of the charter have I broke?

Am I understanding you are upholding this decision and if so can I get a admin review?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,462 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Right first off, we do not have to go back fifteen years to see that you have received disciplinary action regarding PS4 / Xbox 1 discussions. You received a warning in January of this year for making a similar uncivil post that did not add anything constructive to the discussion at hand but rather only seemed to be the basis to incite a flamewar. I am not going to allow a repeat of that in the "Playstation 4 Or Xbox One?" thread.

There is no problem with being a PS4 fan, so long as you respect the rest of the community.

And yes, I am upholding the decision. You can get an administrator to review the decision if you so wish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Why did you bring up my infraction history? I have had one prior to this in 15 years on the games forum

I'm not see how either of my comments are inciting a flamewar and would to like to see some examples

You mention respect again, I fail to see how telling someone to do their research before quoting me when they are in the wrong as a mark of disrespect.

Yes I would like an admin review.

I feel the warning is relevant considering it was also issued for being uncivil in the context of a console discussion, and not so long ago. As I said before, the warning system is in place to serve as a gentle reminder of the forum rules which I think was necessary in this case. The posts you made in the thread leading up to the warning, and the post that received the warning itself, seemed to do little other than to just incite an argument that was not really necessary at all. As I said in my initial post, if you feel that you are being misquoted then you should PM a member of the moderation team to have it looked into.

It is not your responsibility to tell users when they can and can't post.

In anycase I have said all that I have got to say and an administrator will review the decision, but keep in mind it is Easter time so it could take a little time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

This is exactly what the card system is for in my opinion. Sierra Oscar has explained why your yellow card is justified, and I agree, it will not be overturned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement