Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

6xu3hv.jpg
    A nice sunny day and a bit of a clean for the e38. The D-Max could do with one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Only got it today, I'll post more but this is a start.

My new to me 2010, 2.2 diesel, Mazda 6.

1D477260-C934-497A-B73F-882D53EA76FB.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

That Mazda is a nice car, I hope you got rid of that seat cover though. :P

GvidoR wrote: »
    That Mazda is a nice car, I hope you got rid of that seat cover though. :P

Thanks.

Its not a seat cover. Just a bit of plastic. Seat was still slightly wet from wet vac valet. Its off now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Thanks.

Its not a seat cover. Just a bit of plastic. Seat was still slightly wet from wet vac valet. Its off now.

Be sure and watch the oil level like a hawk. The way the dpf works means that it can dilute the engine oil with diesel. If it rises you need to consider an oil change. If you do town driving consider 10k intervals and weekly checks.

Lovely cars though, liked mine a lot.

• Advertisement

Be sure and watch the oil level like a hawk. The way the dpf works means that it can dilute the engine oil with diesel. If it rises you need to consider an oil change. If you do town driving consider 10k intervals and weekly checks.

Lovely cars though, liked mine a lot.

I always get my cars serviced every 10,000km. And after owning an Alfa before I think its just habit that I check the oil regularly but thanks for the heads up. Had read about that online too. Hope I'm not starting one big headache of diesel problems. Only time will tell I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Double trouble
    13880105545_3a47a82fc7_b.jpg

Probably the only time there's 3 different Alfa 166's on the same page, let alone the thread...... Silver and all V6's! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Patsy

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

bryaner wrote: »
    Pasty

I don't think that pic was taking today. I'd say last summer judging by the leaves on the trees.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

I don't think that pic was taking today. I'd say last summer judging by the leaves on the trees.

Taken on 10/08/13 at 15:52 using a HTC One, checked the exif data :D

• Advertisement

Patsy is stunning. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

bryaner wrote: »
    Pasty

Love those wheels. Are they standard VW wheels?

Cui bono?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Bit of a wash this morning :)

303428.jpg

I always get my cars serviced every 10,000km. And after owning an Alfa before I think its just habit that I check the oil regularly but thanks for the heads up. Had read about that online too. Hope I'm not starting one big headache of diesel problems. Only time will tell I suppose.

Keeping an eye on it will help a lot, you'll notice the heated mirrors on if it's doing it around town anyway. There's an extra marking above the full that you need to keep an eye on. They really dislike town driving more than any diesel I've had but drive a little harder or holding onto the gears actually helps. If you feel it's running a little rough you'll know.

hoodie6029 wrote: »
    Love those wheels. Are they standard VW wheels?

Yep, 25th anniversary GTI got them.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭scottp68877

Yep, 25th anniversary GTI got them.

Was haut about to ask the exact same question. Lovely car. Must try find myself a set of them alloys now :)

Was haut about to ask the exact same question. Lovely car. Must try find myself a set of them alloys now :)

Google BBS RC.

Keeping an eye on it will help a lot, you'll notice the heated mirrors on if it's doing it around town anyway. There's an extra marking above the full that you need to keep an eye on. They really dislike town driving more than any diesel I've had but drive a little harder or holding onto the gears actually helps. If you feel it's running a little rough you'll know.

I'm doin close to 15,000km a year so I realise I'm probably borderline whether or not I should have bought a diesel but hopefully with the regular servicing and as you say keepin an eye it should be ok. Most of my driving is 40 mins trips down the M50 so it should open up enough on those hopefully.

What do you mean exactly about the heated mirrors? How does a diesel affect mirrors? Sorry if that's a silly question.

I'm doin close to 15,000km a year so I realise I'm probably borderline whether or not I should have bought a diesel but hopefully with the regular servicing and as you say keepin an eye it should be ok. Most of my driving is 40 mins trips down the M50 so it should open up enough on those hopefully.

What do you mean exactly about the heated mirrors? How does a diesel affect mirrors? Sorry if that's a silly question.

If you see them coming on its doing a dpf regeneration.

If you see them coming on its doing a dpf regeneration.

I'd never have thought of that so thanks!

I won't derail the thread any further. Thanks for the few hits and tips. I'll post more pics soon. Hopefully in a more scenic environment than Aldi's car park.

• Advertisement

I can put up a picture from today, but it'll look the exact same.

OSI wrote: »
    Dunno why, but red suits the Mk4 alot more than it ever did the Mk5

Yep it's a weird one, don't know why either.

MK4 is a nicer Golf altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

MkI > MkII > MkIV > MkV imo

Something about the newer Golfs just turn me off them. They are so dull.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

dgt wrote: »
    Double trouble
    13880105545_3a47a82fc7_b.jpg

Probably the only time there's 3 different Alfa 166's on the same page, let alone the thread...... Silver and all V6's! :eek:

LOL now that I didn't expect , have only seen one 166 in the past two month's on the road I was starting to get lonely, they both yours and running??:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Irishcrx wrote: »
    LOL now that I didn't expect , have only seen one 166 in the past two month's on the road I was starting to get lonely, they both yours and running??:)

Ah now .. there's a good few 166's around. There's a polish lad here in Athlone that has a 166 as daily and a 156 GTA as weekend car.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Marlow wrote: »
    Ah now .. there's a good few 166's around. There's a polish lad here in Athlone that has a 166 as daily and a 156 GTA as weekend car.

/M

Could just be where I am that I don't see them! plenty of 159's and 156's , that'd be a serious weekday/weekend set up alright!

GvidoR wrote: »
    Patsy is stunning. ;)

Ha ha thanks for the spell check, these 6oc starts and posting in bed have me fecked. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Irishcrx wrote: »

Weird stuff happens in here :D

Both run, both manual, both early cars. Haven't had the Super long but the 2.5 has been here since 2011 :)

Ones a donor for the other (ironically the 3.0 Super is the donor as it's completely rotten)

Expect to see the 2.5 on the roads later this year! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

10011495_710930708949156_1180850164422186085_n.jpg
    From the weekend this. In dire need of a wash, I haven't done since I bought it. Might sell it soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement