Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blade Runner becomes Blade Gunner **Mod Warning Read OP""

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

cowlove wrote: »
    Is it possible that instead of firing the gun first OP hit the door with the cricket bat?

That would then tie in with the neighbours saying they heard shots then her scream.

If they are saying the cricket bat sound. like shots perhaps they were argueing, he hit the door with the cricket bat in anger, she screams then he fires gun?

No - very credible evidence yesterday showed that two of the cracks caused by the bat stopped dead when they met bullet holes in the door. This clearly showed the holes existed before the cracks were created. Hope my explanation makes sense .

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cowlove

desbrook wrote: »
    No - very credible evidence yesterday showed that two of the cracks caused by the bat stopped dead when they met bullet holes in the door. This clearly showed the holes existed before the cracks were created. Hope my explanation makes sense .

Yeah, makes perfect sense. I was just throwing stuff out there. I have not been able to follow all of the trial.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Worksforyou

What's the general concensus? He'll be found guilty or not? Haven't been following.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

There is (on the telegraph site) Mr Dixon has been crossexamined by Roux & Nel is doing him now - all technical stuff about testing etc

Would you mind posting a link? I can't find a website for some reason. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭The Caveman

sopretty wrote: »
    Would you mind posting a link? I can't find a website for some reason. :confused:

also on BBC main page

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

Sorry I should have in my post: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/oscar-pistorius/10668819/Watch-live-Oscar-Pistorius-murder-trial.html

also on BBC main page

D'internetz is not complying with me today lol. It's saying on the bbc page, 'No related video', then there's a message that some live coverage is not available for legal reasons. This is the website I'm looking at?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-26985342

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

Jesus, they are really scraping the barrel with this "expert", in geology as it happens. He's apologising for being vague/talking through his hole

D'internetz is not complying with me today lol. It's saying on the bbc page, 'No related video', then there's a message that some live coverage is not available for legal reasons. This is the website I'm looking at?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-26985342

yes, i am in Dublin, and can see it with no problem. They are on a break now...

below wink is best source - please note, it will show unedited footage

http://www.mediaite.com/online/watch-live-here-oscar-pistorius-murder-trial-april-16th/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

What's the general concensus? He'll be found guilty or not? Haven't been following.

If he isn't found guilty, then you'd have to wonder how anyone, anywhere ever got done for murder without having done the deed in front of a camera or a crowd.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Worksforyou

If he isn't found guilty, then you'd have to wonder how anyone, anywhere ever got done for murder without having done the deed in front of a camera or a crowd.

OJ.

i am starting to really like this Nell guy...

better than a John Grisham novel...

Does the fella sitting to the left of Nel remind anyone else of somebody famous? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Does the fella sitting to the left of Nel remind anyone else of somebody famous? :)

Raymond Reddington from the Blacklist (James Spader..):D

sham69 wrote: »
    Raymond Reddington from the Blacklist (James Spader..):D

I can't figure out who he reminds me of - but he's the spitting image of someone!!! I was starting to wonder whether it was Ricki Gervais he reminded me of, but I don't think it is either. It's doing my head in trying to put a name to whoever it is!!!

I can't figure out who he reminds me of - but he's the spitting image of someone!!! I was starting to wonder whether it was Ricki Gervais he reminded me of, but I don't think it is either. It's doing my head in trying to put a name to whoever it is!!!
    Nigel Pivaro?
    http://i1.cdnds.net/12/05/300x225/soaps_corrie_nigel_pivaro.jpg

[URL="http://tvisafoodgroup.com/2014/01/20/what-to-watch-jan-20-26/[/URL]

Thats if we are talking about the same guy...

That could be him alright!

Why is Nel focusing so much on the bullets? Does it serve the prosecution in some way, or is he trying to discredit Dixon still?

Why is Nel focusing so much on the bullets? Does it serve the prosecution in some way, or is he trying to discredit Dixon still?
    Looks like he's trying to tear him to pieces discredit him as an expert of any sort.

• Advertisement

he's rattling him alright...

Seems stange that a lot of Dixon's evidence is based on a photo not on him examining the door or body himself?

Ah I was talking about the guy with Roux, his right hand man.

Just noticed the other guy with the black hair, sorry I'm confusing you :D

Roux's preparation for this case is not coming out as being remotely sufficient at all. I don't know what he was at! OP said he didn't meet his legal team often, due to depression or something. I wonder would that account for the shambles? It seems that OP didn't know what Roux was doing and Roux didn't really know what OP was thinking/going to say. If it were me, I certainly wouldn't be booking Roux to defend me!!! This Dixon guy seems to be a jack of all trades, master of none.

sham69 wrote: »
    Seems stange that a lot of Dixon's evidence is based on a photo not on him examining the door or body himself?
    I'm presuming that he didn't have access to the body & had to rely on photos & various medical reports. I don't know if he had access to the door or the bat, or whether he used identical ones.

Roux's preparation for this case is not coming out as being remotely sufficient at all. I don't know what he was at! OP said he didn't meet his legal team often, due to depression or something. I wonder would that account for the shambles? It seems that OP didn't know what Roux was doing and Roux didn't really know what OP was thinking/going to say. If it were me, I certainly wouldn't be booking Roux to defend me!!! This Dixon guy seems to be a jack of all trades, master of none.
    I thought the same during OP's cross exam. Didn't he something to the effect that he didn't feel able to look at any of the photos of the body, so didn't really get involved with that end of things, bar tell them what happened?

Yeah I would much rather have Nel on my side than Roux thats for sure..

I thought the same during OP's cross exam. Didn't he something to the effect that he didn't feel able to look at any of the photos of the body, so didn't really get involved with that end of things, bar tell them what happened?

I feel it's a good example of a client refusing to listen to their legal team! I'd say either Roux was left to proceed in the dark almost, without much input from OP, or else Roux didn't consult sufficiently with his client.

Why on earth didn't he get credible expert witnesses though? Maybe he couldn't find anyone who was willing to testify in defence?

Pure and utter gratuitous speculation on my part again!!!! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I wonder if all the "expert" witnesses will be an inept as this Dixon fella.

He has done the defence no favours.
    AlexCrawfordSky Alex Crawford
    #oscartrial Nel looks back at his team of experts and smiles (is that a head shake?) as Dixon gives another huge long explanation

• Advertisement

this Dixon is now starting to look bad...

Advertisement