Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hit in the face whilst cycling!

Options
  • 10-04-2014 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Out for a cycle this evening with my brother and the driver of a van coming towards us in the opposite direction leaned out his window and fired a chocolate bar at us, hitting me smack in the face! Dirty scumbag nearly knocked out my teeth. I dont know why someone would do such a stupid thing! Lucky I didn't end up under a car but got such a fright!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Cdub

If I could catch him , I would have had to of been peeled off him, scumbag

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Jesus ouch you poor thing that looks really sore. Lots of ice and tlc for you. Feet up this evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭letape

Unbelievable. Would love someone to catch him some day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

...what a FF 20mm cannon is really for.

Such a scumbag!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Epic1337

Karma for that guy surely will get him back ten fold.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Ignorant pricks on the ****ing roads see a cyclist and throw crap. I got hit with a can one time, nearly crippled me, these people are absolute morons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I'd call the police if I were you. Depending on the roads, businesses nearby may have cctv facing where you were, and that's a nasty looking injury.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 625 ✭✭✭roadsmart

So chocolate really IS bad for your teeth.

Bad bastard, be nice to catch him.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭sonandheir

What a scumbag, looks like you got hit with a crowbar not a chocolate bar. Must of been some force in the throw.
    Rest up. Ice and whiskey( not on the rocks, the ice is for your face)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Hi just wondering did you keep object thrown as may have fingerprints or DNA. Did you get van make/type and were there any street cameras or shops in the area he would be driving or a bus or coach?

I had ice thrown at me from a moving van while just opening car door to get in he leaned out and just saw him throw with his arm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

:eek: Jesus you poor thing, I hope you reported it to the guards. Karma will come back around to bite the scumbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭650Ginge

I'd call the police if I were you. Depending on the roads, businesses nearby may have cctv facing where you were, and that's a nasty looking injury.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

I agree with contacting the police. Thats a pretty serious assault you have there. Get well soon.

I got hit with a bag of chips thrown from a van once, full in the chest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭happytramp

I'd call the police if I were you. Depending on the roads, businesses nearby may have cctv facing where you were

100%. You have to do this. We recently had a break in next door and the Guards were positive they'd catch the guys, stating that basically most of their cases are made and people caught due to the massive amount of CCTV coverage these days.

Did you see the driver's face? If you have the time of the incident and know the direction the van was traveling, a location somewhere along the road could have coverage. You'll have to act quickly. I'd go to the police and then get onto trying to track down anywhere that might have footage myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

if he was in a van hes bound to be working in that route so scout the area for a few days guaranteed you will see him again.
    the complete bastard i hope his tool melts..:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I know a lad who was cycling past Dolphin's Barn a couple of years back and was smashed in the face with a potato by a couple of little scangers hiding behind a wall. Had a massive shiner for weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Flipping idiots! Get to the gardai asap, it would be a pity to let this fool get away with it.

Hope you feel better soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭therealme

WHAT makes a person do that??? I have never heard of anything like that before!!!

I hope that karma comes around to him & I hope you get better very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

It makes my brain hurt to even begin to comprehend how idiotic some people can be.

Edit: You may go to the Guards, you've nothing to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Where did this occur?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Danjamin1

What kind of chocolate bar?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,711 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Danjamin1 wrote: »
    Do not trivialise an incident like this

Thanks

Beasty

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Danjamin1

Sorry, not trying to trivialise it, pure scum the person that did it

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭kingoffifa

Danjamin1 wrote: »

Firstly, to OP, very sorry for your troubles. I got quite a shock when i saw your photo.
    I have to say, the quote from above was the first thing i thought of :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Hope your ok soon, looks very nasty. Definitely Garda time

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Stella11

That's an awful shock. It happened to me a few years ago in windy arbour. Some fkrs threw a bucket of water or something on me ( from a white van) while I was cycling. Just scum really. Hope they get bad karma.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Slo_Rida

Hard luck man, follow it up

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Cyclewizard

Definitely go to the Garda nothing to loose. The idiot needs to get his comeuppance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

<snip>

That's some injury. Take it handy OP, get well soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

F*cking hell OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Borderfox wrote: »
    Hope your ok soon, looks very nasty. Definitely Garda time

^^^
    This. Somewhere on the vans journey there would have been CCTV.

It would put manners on who ever did it and you'd probably get a new carbon bike out if it for your troubles.

Advertisement