Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,833 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

bidiots wrote: »
    Seats, interior,Nav,alloys......may just push it towards the 1800
    :)

It's worth more than that broken. To put a rough figure on the sum of the parts I'd say it's worth 2500.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mckeownzer

Right keyboard virgins lets get something clear.. In my opinion it's not nice to run down somebody's car especially when you have no clue about cars and haven't seen the car..
    There are bora sports goin on donedeal with big wheels and lowered for €3000 - €3500 abused to the hilt and clocked. This is an example of a unabused unmolested example, never clocked got everything it ever needed when it needed with every optional extra possible to get for a bora.
    Now another point virgins. How can you compare it to a 2005 2.4 Volvo? €1000 tax and stupid insurance again a 1.9TDi 150bhp with cheaper tax and insurance? Just shows the level of stupidity you guys have.
    So guys I'd advice yous to man up come look at this car then criticise it and bring a mechanic who knows what he's actually talking about.
    And maybe on the way home stop off in coppers try and get a woman before you's turn 40.

Cheers, john!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,383 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

What's a keyboard virgin?
    Reaction to your car has hardly been all negative, in fact earlier posters have pointed out the extras and maintenance on the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Helium

colm_mcm wrote: »
    What's a keyboard virgin?

Somebody with their first postbiggrin.png

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Mckeownzer wrote: »
    So guys I'd advice yous to man up come look at this car then criticise it before you's turn 40.

Cheers, john!

Rant over?

We don't criticize the car, just the price;)

It is a Bora TDI, not a fecking Porsche you are selling btw.
    There is nothing special about this car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Right keyboard virgins lets get something clear.. In my opinion it's not nice to run down somebody's car especially when you have no clue about cars and haven't seen the car..
    There are bora sports goin on donedeal with big wheels and lowered for €3000 - €3500 abused to the hilt and clocked. This is an example of a unabused unmolested example, never clocked got everything it ever needed when it needed with every optional extra possible to get for a bora.
    Now another point virgins. How can you compare it to a 2005 2.4 Volvo? €1000 tax and stupid insurance again a 1.9TDi 150bhp with cheaper tax and insurance? Just shows the level of stupidity you guys have.
    So guys I'd advice yous to man up come look at this car then criticise it and bring a mechanic who knows what he's actually talking about.
    And maybe on the way home stop off in coppers try and get a woman before you's turn 40.

Cheers, john!

They aren't selling for 3500 though ;)

Look there is no denying that you have a nice example there and some people love those Boras for some unfathomable reason… The point is that you could get a 2006 Jetta for the mad price you are asking!!!!!!!!!!!

When (If) you do sell it please come back to us and tell us what you got for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,833 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

wonski wrote: »
    Rant over?

We don't criticize the car, just the price;)

It is a Bora TDI, not a fecking Porsche you are selling btw.
    There is nothing special about this car.

That's not true though. There is. It is not just a TDI. It's probably the best TDI engine produce, so it is THE tdi. It also has leather, which is found in about 1% of Boras, it has a list of other extras also, so it is indeed a very special car. You can argue the price, and that's about as much of your personal taste as anything else, but the market might dictate that it will get close to that price, so maybe the owner isn't dreaming after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

I thought a 1.9 TDI Bora was the holy grail for young lads at the moment? I might think that €4000 is a ridiculous price for a 12 year old VW, but then again Im sure people would say the same about whatever price I was looking for for my 15 year old Honda if I were to try and sell it. Each to their own. I wouldnt pay €4k for it, but Im sure someone will pay close to that...

Quazzie wrote: »
    That's not true though. There is. It is not just a TDI. It's probably the best TDI engine produce, so it is THE tdi. It also has leather, which is found in about 1% of Boras, it has a list of other extras also, so it is indeed a very special car. You can argue the price, and that's about as much of your personal taste as anything else, but the market might dictate that it will get close to that price, so maybe the owner isn't dreaming after all.

I meant Bora in general. As I said this car is a good example of the model, but at the end it is just a Bora.

I remember few years ago when they were actually cheap.
    Then all boys started buying them because they were cheap, and now they are kind of a cult car.

I respect your opinion, but 4k for 12 years old Bora? I say No.
    Plenty of better, well speced cars out there for that kind of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

Have to agree, end of the day, its a VW Bora with nearly 200k miles on the clock, 12 years old....4k, I can do a lot better with that sort of money, regardless if it has a few toys.... but as the saying goes, fools and their money......

• Advertisement

Cheers, john!
    Yes, it costs about 70cents a day more to tax a 2.4, similar figure for insurance, well worth it IMO.
    On the plus side, you know what they say about publicity :D Most talked about Bora this week anyway:D
    As for Virgins? One could only hope:p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Cheers, john!

John,

Your car looks decent compared to all the junk you see out there. But there is a problem.....its too dear...you are in la la land. I sold a bora sport on an 04 plate last sept for 4k. It was a 1 owner car with 110k full vw stamped history, leather, all the gubbinzes, and no rust. And that wasa retail price, sold with a new nct, serviced and a dealer warranty.

A nice few points made there thanks guys.. As was stated it's not just your average tdi bora.. It's the best bora available spec wise atm.. Seats are worth €800 alone.. Not to mention engine, r32 trim, alloys which are non existent in Ireland..

So you said you'd find better ways of spending €4000 on a car? You find me a car that will do 50mpg, with Heathed leather recaros, cruise control, 6speed box, 150bhp and the service history as documented as it..

So your also saying you can pick up a 2006 Jetta for €4000? Maybe a petrol one which a ****e. Not a tdi so at the end of the day it's yous guys on this forum who are dreamers!

MidlandsM wrote: »
    John,

Your car looks decent compared to all the junk you see out there. But there is a problem.....its too dear...you are in la la land. I sold a bora sport on an 04 plate last sept for 4k. It was a 1 owner car with 110k full vw stamped history, leather, all the gubbinzes, and no rust. And that wasa retail price, sold with a new nct, serviced and a dealer warranty.

I understand what you are saying but this car isn't a sport it's a highline. There are endless sports for sale but you find a highline with my spec? It's virtually impossible. It has heated recaros which are surely as rare as rocking horses ****. Plus you have the longbeach alloys with 4 continental tyres which are no available in IRL only on US Jetta/bora.

Too me this is a car for an enthusiast. The guys on here don't understand the that the wheels are rare as is the seats as is the r32 trim which surely can only increase the price!

Let us know how you get on anyway.

A nice few points made there thanks guys.. As was stated it's not just your average tdi bora.. It's the best bora available spec wise atm.. Seats are worth €800 alone.. Not to mention engine, r32 trim, alloys which are non existent in Ireland..

So you said you'd find better ways of spending €4000 on a car? You find me a car that will do 50mpg, with Heathed leather recaros, cruise control, 6speed box, 150bhp and the service history as documented as it..

So your also saying you can pick up a 2006 Jetta for €4000? Maybe a petrol one which a ****e. Not a tdi so at the end of the day it's yous guys on this forum who are dreamers!

I sell cars for a living..... and yes. Better yokes can be bought.

La la land.

John, no one is denying that it's tidy with some nice toys. If you get what you want for it then great, all here would be delighted for you.
    But I don't think you'll get close to 4k for it, my opinion...
    And yes, for 3k, I did a lot better with the extra 1k to cover higher tax/insurance for a couple of years....
    Best of luck with the sale anyway

Those dealers are so lazy when creating ads.

06(2006):confused:

Price is a different story, not even a diesel.

The icing on the cake is the name of the garage :D

• Advertisement

there must be doing something right all the sasme, they are knocking out some amount of units. I know, I've dealt with them, their doing a good trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

Wrong Price Cars :rolleyes:

MidlandsM wrote: »
    there must be doing something right all the sasme, they are knocking out some amount of units. I know, I've dealt with them, their doing a good trade.

Most of their stuff is well priced to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Let us know how you get on anyway.

I think that's fairly predictable. It won't be sold anytime soon ;)

4k for a 200k 12 year old Bora. You couldn't make it up :D

road_high wrote: »
    I think that's fairly predictable. It won't be sold anytime soon ;)

4k for a 200k 12 year old Bora. You couldn't make it up :D

You may be surprised. Get some youngfella that gets a loan for 4-5k for a daysul yoke to do up. instead of buying a €1500 shed and spending loads of money on stupid replica wheels, ebay tat and pigeon valves he might buy a (probably) well sorted car with plenty goodies already on it.

Most of their stuff is well priced to be fair.

Yeah.and its mad....then some yokes have mad retail prices on em'!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Pigeon valve.... I like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

My Car's 10 years old.

Wouldn't sell it for less than 10k :P

In saying that though, it only has:

90k on the clock.
    Service history since last year :D:D:D
    Is smooth smooth petrol (silky smooth)
    A none abusive owner (really! Yiz shower of *%&$ers!)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Wasn't quite sure where to post this, but check out the description! :D

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/6659976
    Jap Datsun Pick Up 1200

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

El Guapo! wrote: »
    Wasn't quite sure where to post this, but check out the description! :D

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/6659976
    Jap Datsun Pick Up 1200

Yes, those are very rear. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement