Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,023 ✭✭✭✭tk123

GAH! Just saw on FB that a dog was stolen in my area last night! :( Scary

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Massive delivery from zooplus today, the kitties are officially transitioned over to their new diet and are absolutely loving it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

nala2012 wrote: »
    Fainted at the vets yesterday when they were taking out Bruce's stitches! Same thing happened when Nala was spayed couple years ago... So embarrasing, they've put a note on my file now that i'm liable to fainting! Luckily Bruce is now in great health so apart from drops for his eyes he's not on any other medication and is nearly up to his ideal weight. He's getting groomed next week, the hair on his paws is really long and cos he loves to walk in puddles it's getting tangled. One thing the vet did talk about was putting him on heart medication. His murmer is grade two and he's loads of energy and loves to go for walks but she said if that changes or he develops a cough he'll have to start talking medication. Any one have a dog on heart tablets? Are they expensive

Jake has been on them for about 3 years for a murmer. He's a Jim, started on half a tablet twice a day and has moved up to 1 tablet twice a day now. The difference in him since he's been on them and since he's on a higher dose is amazing, sure he's nearly 16 and has had liver failure and he's still getting on fine. The tablets cost us about €30 a month. We don't think he'd be alive if it wasn't for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

My husband is cooking his own chicken curry tonight, for a change. Whenever we cook raw chicken there are 4 pairs of eyes on us. It's so funny listening to him trying to stay in control of the situation, he's not used to them ganging up on him for it:D They aren't interested in my quorn:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

The JRT has spent the evening watching Crufts :D:D

She particularly enjoyed the agility section. Not a chance though that she might learn something!!! Too fond of her comforts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

Just washed the dogs, they ran into every mud puddle available on their forest walk :( the shampoo is so hard to wash out of alli's coat, hers is really light at the front then on her bottom half the fur is really thick and heavy and takes ages to wash out. Anybody know if pet head is good? I've tried nearly every dog shampoo available!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

SingItOut wrote: »
    Just washed the dogs, they ran into every mud puddle available on their forest walk :( the shampoo is so hard to wash out of alli's coat, hers is really light at the front then on her bottom half the fur is really thick and heavy and takes ages to wash out. Anybody know if pet head is good? I've tried nearly every dog shampoo available!

A tip that a really good groomer told me is to water down the shampoo in a squirty bottle first to make it easier to wash out :)

Thanks! I'll have to try that :) luckily she loves the shower and doesn't mind waiting for the shampoo to be scrubbed out :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭handbagmad

hi all i have a question...I have to move out from where im living now shortly.
    Starting to scrub the place but there are a few pee stains on the carpet from toilet training my little dog is there anything you can suggest to lift them or is it just a waste of time? its cream carpet so really noticable.
    Ive tried vanish and other stain removers with no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

My husband is cooking his own chicken curry tonight, for a change. Whenever we cook raw chicken there are 4 pairs of eyes on us. It's so funny listening to him trying to stay in control of the situation, he's not used to them ganging up on him for it:D They aren't interested in my quorn:)

I love that!! my dogs 'bully' my husband all the time too. If he is involved in ANY way with food he always has to give them a bit - hes such a softie and the dogs KNOW it. They 'shout and roar' (whine & howl) at him if he's eating something on the sofa - very naughty, but they stop immediately when I give out to them. He's the only one they do that to - clever dogs know their mark!!

• Advertisement

aonb wrote: »
    I love that!! my dogs 'bully' my husband all the time too. If he is involved in ANY way with food he always has to give them a bit - hes such a softie and the dogs KNOW it. They 'shout and roar' (whine & howl) at him if he's eating something on the sofa - very naughty, but they stop immediately when I give out to them. He's the only one they do that to - clever dogs know their mark!!
    I do the bulk of the cooking so I know how the moggies operate. He's not used to the 4 of them working as a team for chicken. It was so funny sitting in the living room listening to him in the kitchen trying to reason with them. Like reasoning was going to stop 4 cats getting their raw chicken. It's like throwing peanuts to elephants with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

handbagmad wrote: »
    hi all i have a question...I have to move out from where im living now shortly.
    Starting to scrub the place but there are a few pee stains on the carpet from toilet training my little dog is there anything you can suggest to lift them or is it just a waste of time? its cream carpet so really noticable.
    Ive tried vanish and other stain removers with no joy.

Not sure if it will remove stains, but bio washing powder in warm water and give it a scrub, will get rid of any smell remaining. Put old towels or something on top and stomp around to soak up most of the wet.
    I know if you do this with fresh pee there's no stain, you you might have some luck.

Had a fright with the car and thought something catastrophic had gone wrong!
    After 2 hrs the mechanic told me he hooked it up to laptop, had a look around and wiped a sensor with a cloth...all working fine now! Phew!

Washed both dogs here too, blow dry for lady Tiffi (she really thinks she's a lady, paw up for the belly drying, gets more wash and blow dries than I ever do:() and going to give her a trim tomorrow if the weather stays dry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭handbagmad

mymo wrote: »
    Not sure if it will remove stains, but bio washing powder in warm water and give it a scrub, will get rid of any smell remaining. Put old towels or something on top and stomp around to soak up most of the wet.
    I know if you do this with fresh pee there's no stain, you you might have some luck.

thanks i tried that and one of those special doggie pee stain removers(waste of money) no joy will have to get someone in to professionaly clean them before moving

Toby has really relaxed with us now. He's been coming into the living room to us instead of spending most of his time in the kitchen on his armchair. I think it's all down to the lack of aggression and tension that was going on. He loves coming to bed with us too. He came running upstairs calling me when I went up last night, he tolerates my husband sharing the bed with us but I think he prefers it when my husband is working nights and he gets to take up most of my side of the bed:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Was out and about yesterday doing the usual dull Saturday stuff (oh, a trip to B&Q you say? EXCITING!) and we were able to fit in a Petmania visit. Spotted the most beautiful guinea pig that we both completely fell in love with. He looked like a proper punk with his long hair swirls sticking up all over the place! We just have no room for any new animals in our rental, mores the pity. At this stage I want to buy a house just so we can get some more pets!!

Also picked up a few things for the resident rodent. The guy on the check out looked at it all and was like "is this all for one rabbit?" The pure shame when I had to mumble, "Ummm, no. Just one hamster..." At least he then said "well it's nice to see a spoiled hamster!"

Man, you have NO IDEA! :pac:

Over the last year I've lost quite a bit of weight so this evening I decided to see what clothes in my wardrobe I have started fitting into again.. I tried on a pair of jeans that now fit me again but they had a load of pedigree dog treats I. The pocket that I used to bring for my old dog when we went for walks. She died 3 years ago and hadn't been able for walks for 4 years previous to that, so I basically found a pair of jeans that hadn't fit me for 7 years! Must say I'm quite pleased with that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ferretone

One used to hear the phrase, dotting the i's, but nowadays dotting the cat is much more pertinent. After he's come home in the evening and had his dinner, my hubby is very likely to say, " the cats seem really mental, have you dotted them today?" I've just finished dotting them for the last time tonight. I'd bet anyone who doesn't know what I mean isn't a cat owner. And most certainly not an indoor-only cat-owner! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

ferretone wrote: »
    I'd bet anyone who doesn't know what I mean isn't a cat owner. And most certainly not an indoor-only cat-owner! :D
    Ah now..ye need to explain this one ferretone :confused::pac::pac:

ferretone wrote: »
    One used to hear the phrase, dotting the i's, but nowadays dotting the cat is much more pertinent. After he's come home in the evening and had his dinner, my hubby is very likely to say, " the cats seem really mental, have you dotted them today?" I've just finished dotting them for the last time tonight. I'd bet anyone who doesn't know what I mean isn't a cat owner. And most certainly not an indoor-only cat-owner! :D
    Laser toy?

Back to the vets this eve with dude :( he's drinking buckets, leaking pee and poop everywhere and just generally off form :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Back to the vets this eve with dude :( he's drinking buckets, leaking pee and poop everywhere and just generally off form :(

Oh no! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

So sorry to hear that. Fingers and paws crossed here for him.

Oh poor Dude, hope it's nothing to major SMX

The vet said she couldn't pin point anything being wrong besides a very full bladder, took a urine sample for testing to see if that will show anything and he got a painkiller and antibiotic just in case. She said she will discuss things with our regular vet to see if there's anything else that may help him!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

The vet said she couldn't pin point anything being wrong besides a very full bladder, took a urine sample for testing to see if that will show anything and he got a painkiller and antibiotic just in case. She said she will discuss things with our regular vet to see if there's anything else that may help him!

keep us posted - was hoping Dude was back to normal and all ok - hopefully this time its nothing too serious, poor you, soooo worrying :(

We're thinking that because his tum is a bit upset that it could be throwing his bladder out of whack which is making him uncomfortable. though it's apparently early days in relation to nerve injuries so we still have a few months of these rocky patches ahead of us till we can say he has achieved maximum healing!

Our cats are basking in the sun today. The roof of the new cathouse is a big favourite, it's got a garden shed type roof on it, not sure what they're called, but it holds the heat and they all want to sit on it. Shame it's getting so cold at night though.

Alli was going a bit mad this morning barking at moone to play, nothing new there but I gave Alli a huge raw hide outside and have moone inside with a smaller raw hide. Moone isn't bothered with her chew she's just snuggled in and fast asleep :) She never gets a minute to herself around Alli anymore :D

Alli's spay appointment has finally been made for tomorrow morning, I have a crate but I'm going to have a job trying to keep her calm after the operation

Talk about a small world. A new chap started working in the same company as my husband. Turns out not only does he live in our neighbourhood but he and his girlfriend have been feeding 2 of our cats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Talk about a small world. A new chap started working in the same company as my husband. Turns out not only does he live in our neighbourhood but he and his girlfriend have been feeding 2 of our cats.

It's a very small world alright but that's mad :p

http://www.softpaws.com/

Anyone have any experience or opinions about these?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement