Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Labeling food you want to freeze

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

I would have thought it was taken by a Chinese badger...

don't be silly, they don't have opposable thumbs how can they hold a camera

• Registered Users Posts: 24,553 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

don't be silly, they don't have opposable thumbs how can they hold a camera

They put down the pizza for a second.

badgers clearly have no clue how a camera works. This one's at the flash FFS!

Stroud-badgers_SF089_690.jpg

badgers clearly have no clue how a camera works. This one's at the flash FFS!

Stroud-badgers_SF089_690.jpg

That's not a Chinese badger though.

That's not a Chinese badger though.

Thats racist

• Advertisement

Thats racist

Au contraire! The point being made is Chinese badgers are more tech savvy. I'd have thought that would sit better with you considering your sister is captivated by them. Wouldn't say much if she was captivated by a thick animal, would it.

So youre saying british badgers are thick. Racist。

So youre saying british badgers are thick. Racist。

I'm saying Chinese badgers are more tech savvy than other badgers. You're just flinging red herrings around to distract people from your nonsensical badger story.

I'm saying Chinese badgers are more tech savvy than other badgers. You're just flinging red herrings around to distract people from your nonsensical badger story.

Thats stil racist. You cant tar a whole group of badgers as being tech savvy just because a few have shown some ability. Its unfair on the one's with no ability. You'll put unneeded pressure on them to conform to an unrealistic stereotype

Thats stil racist. You cant tar a whole group of badgers as being tech savvy just because a few have shown some ability. Its unfair on the one's with no ability. You'll put unneeded pressure on them to conform to an unrealistic stereotype

You remind me of the camp character from 'Airplane 2'..."Look! A distraction!!!"

• Advertisement

You remind me of the camp character from 'Airplane 2'..."Look! A distraction!!!"

Thats not a distraction. And dont call me Shirley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

You two need to get a room.

I don't know about that. The great jam has a thing for badgers. That's too much for me...AHM OOT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

I don't know about that. The great jam has a thing for badgers. That's too much for me...AHM OOT!

You'd think you'd get his name right at least :p

Finish him!...Fatality

the great jam wins!!

Victory!!

Finish him!...Fatality

the great jam wins!!

Victory!!

No. I just don't want to get a room with you.

The fact remains that the chicken tale >>>>>> Chinese badger gibberish.

It is Scorpion to your Johnny Cage.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I havent read the last few posts but have I missed much? Have the badgers badgered china? Is the chicken cooked? Has Bobby come out of the shower yet?

Oryx wrote: »
    I havent read the last few posts but have I missed much? Have the badgers badgered china? Is the chicken cooked? Has Bobby come out of the shower yet?

There's no chicken cooked in the jam household. His mnemic had him so confused he keeps taking out the camera film to defrost.

Fortunately for him, there are no frozen badgers in there.

Yet.

No. I just don't want to get a room with you.

The fact remains that the chicken tale >>>>>> Chinese badger gibberish.

It is Scorpion to your Johnny Cage.

Ive told you time and again, the chicken tale is nice but as a mnemonic it simply sucks. It literally makes no sense.

It's like
    "how do I remember a long list of items in order?"
    "Purple is a fruit"

They could not be less applicable.

Your story just adds the items, it's comical.

So you buy ham hocks, you just add ham hocks to your story.
    "chicken eats ham hocks."

What is the point of that.

1st, why on gods green earth would you put ham hocks next to chicken in the freezer? Where would the mince go? cos you can't put the mince the other side of the steaks, not without causing problems later in the rotation.

2nd. Youre just saying chicken and ham hocks.
    if you could just remember that then you done need the mnemonic. Pointless.

Besides, this whole time youre reading it wrong. Its not the badgers that captivate anything.

chicken may stay, carrots peeled barely, captivate my sister on clever brigade badger china

Its the carrots peeled barely who is on clever brigade badger China.

Clearly you need some practice with mnemonics.

Here is an example.

remembering the notes on a music stave:

E.G.B.D.F
    Every Good Badger Deserves Filo Pastry

Ive told you time and again, the chicken tale is nice but as a mnemonic it simply sucks. It literally makes no sense.

It's not a mnemonic. It's a story to remind you the order of the items in the freezer.

So you buy ham hocks, you just add ham hocks to your story.
    "chicken eats ham hocks."

What is the point of that.

1st, why on gods green earth would you put ham hocks next to chicken in the freezer? Where would the mince go? cos you can't put the mince the other side of the steaks, not without causing problems later in the rotation.

2nd. Youre just saying chicken and ham hocks.
    if you could just remember that then you done need the mnemonic. Pointless.

Again, it's not a mnemonic. The cooking chicken tale can be adapted to reflect the order of the food in the freezer. You still haven't grasped that. Anyway, chickens don't eat ham hocks. Not normally. they can cook them though....usually use them to make a nice terrine.
    Besides, this whole time youre reading it wrong. Its not the badgers that captivate anything.

chicken may stay, carrots peeled barely, captivate my sister on clever brigade badger china

Its the carrots peeled barely who is on clever brigade badger China.

Your mnemonics turn into gibberish when the food is in a certain order.

Why would you barely peel carrots? A pointless waste of time.

"Its the carrots peeled barely who is on clever brigade badger China" reads like a word competition where you're asked to rearrange the words to make a coherent sentence.

Except you can't because it's gibberish.

Your're no Johnny Mnemonic and I'm just embarrassed for you now.

Your freezer must be a mess.

• Advertisement

It's not a mnemonic. It's a story to remind you the order of the items in the freezer.
    That's what a mnemonic is in this case using the first letter of the food item to make a new word in a sentence. remember the sentence, remember the order that you put the food in.

Again, it's not a mnemonic. The cooking chicken tale can be adapted to reflect the order of the food in the freezer. You still haven't grasped that. Anyway, chickens don't eat ham hocks. Not normally. they can cook them though....usually use them to make a nice terrine.
    The story of your mnemonic doesn't need to actually represent what the items are.

For example, the colours of the rainbow mnemonic is Richard of York Grills Badgers In Vinegar
    representing Red Yellow Green Blue Indigo Violet

Even tho Richard of York has nothing to do with rainbows this is a common and popular mnemonic to teach people the order of the colours
    Your mnemonics turn into gibberish when the food is in a certain order.
    The food is always in a certain order. It never changes. The consequences are not worth thinking about. Hence why your chicken story cant function, You cant just add food items at the end of the story, it messes with the food order, and that's just too risky.
    Why would you barely peel carrots? A pointless waste of time.
    again, you miss the point of the mnemonic
    "Its the carrots peeled barely who is on clever brigade badger China" reads like a word competition where you're asked to rearrange the words to make a coherent sentence.

Except you can't because it's gibberish.

DO NOT REARRANGE THE WORDS!! seriously, dont even joke about it.
    Your're no Johnny Mnemonic and I'm just embarrassed for you now.

You're*
    Your freezer must be a mess.
    Actually, every thing is at 45 degrees from parallel in perfect order. It's the sink that's a state, I think its the order of the dishes.

That's what a mnemonic is in this case using the first letter of the food item to make a new word in a sentence. remember the sentence, remember the order that you put the food in.
    But mine isn't a mnemonic because I'm not using the first letter. It's a story about a cooking chicken and the food he cooks is in the order it is in the story. It allows for a moveable feast...

The story of your mnemonic doesn't need to actually represent what the items are.

For example, the colours of the rainbow mnemonic is Richard of York Grills Badgers In Vinegar
    representing Red Yellow Green Blue Indigo Violet

Even tho Richard of York has nothing to do with rainbows this is a common and popular mnemonic to teach people the order of the colours

Richard of York isn't available for mnemonics for the time being pending the court case for animal cruelty.
    The food is always in a certain order. It never changes. The consequences are not worth thinking about. Hence why your chicken story cant function, You cant just add food items at the end of the story, it messes with the food order, and that's just too risky.

The additional food doesn't have to go in at the end. In fact it usually won't. Why would you eat ham hocks after a dessert of ice cream? The fact you considered it shows you're not thinking straight

You're*
    A consequence of having fat fingers.

That's why ice cream wasn't in my original story :(

But mine isn't a mnemonic because I'm not using the first letter. It's a story about a cooking chicken and the food he cooks is in the order it is in the story. It allows for a moveable feast...

Richard of York isn't available for mnemonics for the time being pending the court case for animal cruelty.

The additional food doesn't have to go in at the end. In fact it usually won't. Why would you eat ham hocks after a dessert of ice cream? The fact you considered it shows you're not thinking straight

A consequence of having fat fingers.

That's why ice cream wasn't in my original story :(

You dont eat the food in the order that it is in the fridge, only store it.

Otherwise the order would be chicken, peas, onions, steak, Ice cream, pizza, steak, carrots, chicken.

Can't imagine any useful mnemonic for memorising that

You dont eat the food in the order that it is in the fridge, only store it.

Otherwise the order would be chicken, peas, onions, steak, Ice cream, pizza, steak, carrots, chicken.

Can't imagine any useful mnemonic for memorising that

Allow me to help you.

Chicken, the chef, sauteed the peas and onions before adding to the steak. He decided on ice cream for dessert. After dessert he'd put away the shopping. He'd bought pizza, steak and carrots for the next day. Chicken had had a productive day.

I'm going to have to start charging you for these.

You're welcome.

Allow me to help you.

Chicken, the chef, sauteed the peas and onions before adding to the steak. He decided on ice cream for dessert. After dessert he'd put away the shopping. He'd bought pizza, steak and carrots for the next day. Chicken had had a productive day.

I'm going to have to start charging you for these.

You're welcome.

Lol, that's just the list, you cant use:

He'd bought pizza, steak and carrots for the next day

to remember "pizza steak and carrots". You might as well skip the story and just remember "pizza steak and carrots".

Beside chickens can't sautee, if the oil splashes on their feathers they panic

You tip for memorising a long list is comical
    This is the 50 states of America:
    Alabama
    Alaska
    Arizona
    Arkansas
    California
    Colorado
    Connecticut
    Delaware
    Florida
    Georgia
    Hawaii
    Idaho
    Illinois
    Indiana
    Iowa
    Kansas
    Kentucky
    Louisiana
    Maine
    Maryland
    Massachusetts
    Michigan
    Minnesota
    Mississippi
    Missouri
    Montana
    Nebraska
    Nevada
    New Hampshire
    New Jersey
    New Mexico
    New York
    North Carolina
    North Dakota
    Ohio
    Oklahoma
    Oregon
    Pennsylvania
    Rhode Island
    South Carolina
    South Dakota
    Tennessee
    Texas
    Utah
    Vermont
    Virginia
    Washington
    West Virginia
    Wisconsin
    Wyoming

Your mnemonic for memorising this list would be :
    "
    Once upon a time there were 50 states in America called
    Alabama
    Alaska
    Arizona
    Arkansas
    California
    Colorado
    Connecticut
    Delaware
    Florida
    Georgia
    Hawaii
    Idaho
    Illinois
    Indiana
    Iowa
    Kansas
    Kentucky
    Louisiana
    Maine
    Maryland
    Massachusetts
    Michigan
    Minnesota
    Mississippi
    Missouri
    Montana
    Nebraska
    Nevada
    New Hampshire
    New Jersey
    New Mexico
    New York
    North Carolina
    North Dakota
    Ohio
    Oklahoma
    Oregon
    Pennsylvania
    Rhode Island
    South Carolina
    South Dakota
    Tennessee
    Texas
    Utah
    Vermont
    Virginia
    Washington
    West Virginia
    Wisconsin
    Wyoming
    They all got on really well.
    The end"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

OP has abandoned the idea of eating healthy and decided to go for take away pizza with badger and chicken on it.

Well played lads.

Essien wrote: »
    OP has abandoned the idea of eating healthy and decided to go for take away pizza with badger and chicken on it.

Well played lads.

Badger on a pizza, you sicko.

Badgers are for kebabs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Badger on a pizza, you sicko.

Blame OP, they ordered it.

Lol, that's just the list, you cant use:

He'd bought pizza, steak and carrots for the next day

to remember "pizza steak and carrots". You might as well skip the story and just remember "pizza steak and carrots".

Beside chickens can't sautee, if the oil splashes on their feathers they panic

Wrong. On so many levels. He's a cooking chicken...that's why you remember the contents of the freezer. And the story makes you remember the contents of the freezer.
    You tip for memorising a long list is comical
    This is the 50 states of America:
    Alabama
    Alaska
    Arizona
    Arkansas
    California
    Colorado
    Connecticut
    Delaware
    Florida
    Georgia
    Hawaii
    Idaho
    Illinois
    Indiana
    Iowa
    Kansas
    Kentucky
    Louisiana
    Maine
    Maryland
    Massachusetts
    Michigan
    Minnesota
    Mississippi
    Missouri
    Montana
    Nebraska
    Nevada
    New Hampshire
    New Jersey
    New Mexico
    New York
    North Carolina
    North Dakota
    Ohio
    Oklahoma
    Oregon
    Pennsylvania
    Rhode Island
    South Carolina
    South Dakota
    Tennessee
    Texas
    Utah
    Vermont
    Virginia
    Washington
    West Virginia
    Wisconsin
    Wyoming

Your mnemonic for memorising this list would be :
    "
    Once upon a time there were 50 states in America called
    Alabama
    Alaska
    Arizona
    Arkansas
    California
    Colorado
    Connecticut
    Delaware
    Florida
    Georgia
    Hawaii
    Idaho
    Illinois
    Indiana
    Iowa
    Kansas
    Kentucky
    Louisiana
    Maine
    Maryland
    Massachusetts
    Michigan
    Minnesota
    Mississippi
    Missouri
    Montana
    Nebraska
    Nevada
    New Hampshire
    New Jersey
    New Mexico
    New York
    North Carolina
    North Dakota
    Ohio
    Oklahoma
    Oregon
    Pennsylvania
    Rhode Island
    South Carolina
    South Dakota
    Tennessee
    Texas
    Utah
    Vermont
    Virginia
    Washington
    West Virginia
    Wisconsin
    Wyoming
    They all got on really well.
    The end"

No it,d be:

Chicken was getting ready to cook a biggie so he put on his Alabama 3 cd. Dessert was the last course he hadn't decided on...but then a lightbulb moment! "Baked Alaska it is!". That really put him in a good mood. He'd already enjoyed watching Raising Arizona. It made him think about the Grand Canyon with all the big rocks. Not so many little rocks. "They're probably in Arkansas". He LOLd.

Back to work he went. California Rolls for entrées. Well, California rolls with a twist...they were going to be made Colorado style. He'd learned that twist when he was on holidays in Connecticut. He'd leave the drinks for just before the guests arrived. Delaware Punch or Florida Punch?

Georgia was coming so safer to make both. She was just back from her holidays in Hawaii and had to make an emergency landing in Idaho. It made him wonder how many other states in the USA began with the letter 'I'. Just Illinois, Indiana and Iowa.

Then Dorothy called. She wanted to know what time to come over. "You're not in Kansas anymore", he'd known not to say. "Are we having Kentucky Fried Chicken, fried chicken Louisiana-style or something nice like Chicken Maryland?" she joked. LOLz all round. He'd long since come to terms with eating other chickens. They were usually a sub-species. They couldn't even cook, ffs.

He was stumped. He hadn't really decided on the Maine course...he'd been too busy planning his holidays. The itinerary was finally in order:

Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming.

Not Vermont though. It reminded him of vermouth, the tipple of choice for his ex-girlfriend Virginia. He was still finding it hard to get over her.

So then he cooked the dinner, ythe guests came over annd a great night was had.

The end.

WINNING!

• Advertisement

Wrong. On so many levels. He's a cooking chicken...that's why you remember the contents of the freezer. And the story makes you remember the contents of the freezer.

No it,d be:

Chicken was getting ready to cook a biggie so he put on his Alabama 3 cd. Dessert was the last course he hadn't decided on...but then a lightbulb moment! "Baked Alaska it is!". That really put him in a good mood. He'd already enjoyed watching Raising Arizona. It made him think about the Grand Canyon with all the big rocks. Not so many little rocks. "They're probably in Arkansas". He LOLd.

Back to work he went. California Rolls for entrées. Well, California rolls with a twist...they were going to be made Colorado style. He'd learned that twist when he was on holidays in Connecticut. He'd leave the drinks for just before the guests arrived. Delaware Punch or Florida Punch?

Georgia was coming so safer to make both. She was just back from her holidays in Hawaii and had to make an emergency landing in Idaho. It made him wonder how many other states in the USA began with the letter 'I'. Just Illinois, Indiana and Iowa.

Then Dorothy called. She wanted to know what time to come over. "You're not in Kansas anymore", he'd known not to say. "Are we having Kentucky Fried Chicken, fried chicken Louisiana-style or something nice like Chicken Maryland?" she joked. LOLz all round. He'd long since come to terms with eating other chickens. They were usually a sub-species. They couldn't even cook, ffs.

He was stumped. He hadn't really decided on the Maine course...he'd been too busy planning his holidays. The itinerary was finally in order:

Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming.

Not Vermont though. It reminded him of vermouth, the tipple of choice for his ex-girlfriend Virginia. He was still finding it hard to get over her.

So then he cooked the dinner, ythe guests came over annd a great night was had.

The end.

WINNING!

Seriously, your story to remember a list of states contains a list of states and you can't see the pointless in that?

this is like playing chess with a pigeon, you just knock the pieces over, **** of the board and strut around like you just won.

All youve done there is take a list of states, added some weird back story and a slightly smaller list of states then more nonsense back story. It's hardly a useful mnemonic.

Please go and take another 35 minutes to develop a better comeback, or better yet don't comeback.

Advertisement