Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moto G - [Threads Merged]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Occono wrote: »
    What's hp print service plugin?

You can wirelessly print straight from your device if you have a supported wireless printer. Think the range is fairly limited though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,965 ✭✭✭Doge

Damn, the wait for Tesco getting the 16GB back in stock is killing me!

This is actually my first smart phone purchase hence the anticipation! Well i had a nokia N95, but that doesnt compare!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

My brother is thinking of getting this phone as per my recommendation and using mine, he doesn't use cloud storage and said I could have his.

I doubt it but I was wondering whether the 50GB Drive promotion would be able to stack twice? So 50 + 50 on one account?

I have some pretty weird battery use since updating but I think Its beginning to settle down now.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭LukeyKid

Does the supported OTG cable still work with 4.4 and I'm pretty sure using a hard drive worked with 4.3 worked would it still work with 4.4??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

LukeyKid wrote: »
    Does the supported OTG cable still work with 4.4 and I'm pretty sure using a hard drive worked with 4.3 worked would it still work with 4.4??

It will still work with app support. Native support is gone with KitKat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Kleine Hundin

My brother is thinking of getting this phone as per my recommendation and using mine, he doesn't use cloud storage and said I could have his.

I doubt it but I was wondering whether the 50GB Drive promotion would be able to stack twice? So 50 + 50 on one account?
    No. I read in the T&C that it is limited to one device and one account. And you have until 30 days to get your free 50 gigs

From https://motorola-global-en-uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/96414/p/30,6720,9050/action/auth
    This offer is limited to a single Google account, as identified by a unique ID, can only be redeemed once per Google account ID, can not be combined with other offers, and and is not transferable. At the end of the 2-year promotional period, the user will still be able to access their files stored in the additional 50GB of storage, but will not be able to add new ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Does anyone here has a MHL adapter? Can you please connect to see if it works with Moto G?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Does anyone here has a MHL adapter? Can you please connect to see if it works with Moto G?
    Afraid not, people have got Cast working though...

https://forums.motorola.com/posts/8fba3591e7

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Anyone using any ROMs on this yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

advertsfox wrote: »

Thanks. It looks like this will do for me.

http://help.motorola.com/hc/apps/wd/10/en-us/lm-wireless.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

Just performed the kit kat upgrade when prompted by my Moto G. There's a few things about it I don't like.

Firstly, then notification bar at the very top of the screen usually went blue when web connected. it's now permanently white whetehr web connected or not.

Also, smilies in text messages are picked but appear blank in my text messages.

And finally the navagation within some functions is changed completly.

Is it much of a hassle to delete the upgrade and revert to the older android version?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Anyone using any ROMs on this yet?
    Holding out for a stable enough ROM of Cyanogenmod, although the Wifi is always flaky on their ROM I find so unsure...

I know either way, I'm not satisfied 100% with the stock experience, and really miss things like notification clock shortcut, customisable quick launch panels, a button to kill all my tasks, and a lot more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

degsie wrote: »
    It will still work with app support. Native support is gone with KitKat.

Does this apply to USB devices such as keyboards and mice too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

shamwari wrote: »
    Firstly, then notification bar at the very top of the screen usually went blue when web connected. it's now permanently white whetehr web connected or not.
    Yeah that's a Google change because the white icons were originally chosen to present a more neutral palette that looks better with apps. Also, turns out the blue colour doesn't look well with the new transparent status bar. If you enter the Quick Toggles and see the Wi-Fi or 3G is orange, that now means no connectivity or what was the colour grey in 4.3. I personally got over it after about a week with my N4 and sort of miss them that I'm on 4.3 again (battery drain with CM nightly).

nexusae0_icons2_thumb.jpg

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/11/18/a-google-engineer-explains-why-kitkat-has-white-status-bar-icons-and-only-shows-connectivity-in-quick-settings/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Cydoniac wrote: »
    really miss things like notification clock shortcut, customisable quick launch panels, a button to kill all my tasks, and a lot more.

I miss the clock shortcut and customisable quick launch panels too, I still have the habit of going to use one, and I'm constantly going into the clock settings as opposed to the clock every night when setting the alarm. I'm surprise they weren't included.

One thing I did notice is the transparent status bar, my Nexus 7 is on KitKat but it's not there, it's starting to bug me now compared to how it looks on the Moto G.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭C-Shore

Does anyone know if the Grip Shells will come to Europe?

Alternatively, has anyone found a normal bumper case? All the ones listed as bumpers on Amazon and eBay seem to be just outer cases, unless I'm terrible at searching.

Clove and Expansys don't have them either, and that's where Motorola UK Customer Support told me to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Hi guys,

Got the Tesco 16gb version for my son for his birthday before Xmas but just unpacked now to give to him tomorrow.

It's running Android 4.3 system version 14.71.8.falcon_umts.TescoSL.en.GB

I'm hoping some kind soul here will link me to the following:

1. Where I can download the latest stock ROM including flashing instructions

2. Where I can get an unlock code from. - EDIT: Sussed out that this is where I get the unlock # from http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111223239973

Do I flash the stock ROM and then unlock it out do I unlock it first and then flash the stock ROM?

Please don't make me read back over the last 960 odd posts to find out the above, I want to get bed at some stage tonight!

Cheers,

Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Unlocked Moto G bought by my mate in Meteor in Swords Pavs today for 149.99 fyi (granted the unlock code only costs 2 quid)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

BenThere wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Got the Tesco 16gb version for my son for his birthday before Xmas but just unpacked now to give to him tomorrow.

2. Where I can get an unlock code from. - EDIT: Sussed out that this is where I get the unlock # from http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111223239973

Do I flash the stock ROM and then unlock it out do I unlock it first and then flash the stock ROM?

Please don't make me read back over the last 960 odd posts to find out the above, I want to get bed at some stage tonight!

Cheers,

Ben
    Flash tutorial and files here

Only benefit really is being able to change the voicemail number, tesco rom seems to be getting the updates quite quick.

projectgtr wrote: »
    Flash tutorial and files here

Only benefit really is being able to change the voicemail number, tesco rom seems to be getting the updates quite quick.

Perfect, thanks projectgtr!!

One question. Do I flash the stock ROM and then unlock the phone or do I unlock the phone and then flash the stock ROM?

Ben

• Advertisement

One question. Do I flash the stock ROM and then unlock the phone or do I unlock the phone and then flash the stock ROM?

Ben

Either way will work, the sim unlock is based off the IMEI which wont change.

Thanks Degsie.

projectgtr wrote: »

Oddly enough, I didn't look at my voicemail setup until I got the 4.4 update on the Tesco rom, I was able to change my voicemail number no problem! Maybe the KitKat update sorted that problem.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

No. I read in the T&C that it is limited to one device and one account. And you have until 30 days to get your free 50 gigs

From https://motorola-global-en-uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/96414/p/30,6720,9050/action/auth

Thanks Kleine Hundin, it hurts to know that 50GB is gonna be wasted but what can ye do? :(
    LukeyKid wrote: »

LukeyKid, the Moto G works fine with my 1TB harddrive, I just plug in the OTG cable and the App automatically mounts it. Was using it last night without any issues.

LukeyKid, the Moto G works fine with my 1TB harddrive, I just plug in the OTG cable and the App automatically mounts it. Was using it last night without any issues.

Which app are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

I like to have a black wallpaper (easier to see icons) and a family photo on my lockscreen. Easy to do on an iphone but have yet to find a good solution for Android. Any of the unlocker apps I've downloaded have been crap and all of them retain the softkeys on the lockscreen (ie back, home and multitasking buttons). Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

advertsfox wrote: »

On the Moto G??

Which ppl??

Are you talking about Cast Screen [Miracast]??

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Thanks. It looks like this will do for me.

http://help.motorola.com/hc/apps/wd/10/en-us/lm-wireless.html

That will not work on Moto G!!

There is no Wireless Display option under Display settings, and that is gone anyway with KK, for devices which support Miracast.....

replaced by Cast Screen, which does not work for Moto G on KK...

no menu or options!!!

Hi guys,

Cheers,

Ben

Probably too late now, but were you not offered an OTA update??

Tesco updates were first out of the block, and are so similar to stock it makes no difference.....

Also, flashing should be easy, as no complications like custom recovery, or changes to system files, etc.

SIM unlock makes no difference on any case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

So if i got the Moto G off Meteor online, is it locked to the first sim inserted or just locked to meteor? Im with Three pre pay and want to stick with it, for now anyway.

Advertisement