Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

Cheers everyone
    Editing it now, added a section for deals and other links which may be useful :)

EDIT: Added some more details to it. That's all for tonight methinks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,039 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Thanks Irishstuff, added to the OP. PM if anyone has something to add to it

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭metroburgers

Cheers everyone
    Editing it now, added a section for deals and other links which may be useful :)

EDIT: Added some more details to it. That's all for tonight methinks

Fairplay IrishStuff09, great post, thread really needed this. :pac:

Thought it would be helpful to point out that,

1. 4OD does not need a DNS change, it will work normally.

2. You can add a basic Youtube app channel without using Plex via link! (This is an alternative to myvideobuzz)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

How long does it take to get the voucher code for the free 30 day trial

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

What's the name of the plex add in for youtube? Just browsed the entire directory and couldnt see it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

What's the name of the plex add in for youtube? Just browsed the entire directory and couldnt see it.

You can get it direct from github https://github.com/plexinc-plugins tis a bit flaky though. Youtubes just been added to the roku 3 so hopefully it will come to nowtv too.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭TheInspector

Has anyone seen any deals going around on membership, mines up to 9 quid at the end off the month , although they did offer it to me for 5 quid a month when I cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭ChuckProphet

Has anyone seen any deals going around on membership, mines up to 9 quid at the end off the month , although they did offer it to me for 5 quid a month when I cancelled.

My free month is up next week. Did you just cancel before the free month was up and then they emailed you offering the £5/month and how long was the £5/month for?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Just turn off 'auto-renew'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

dunno if i can say but if you check fleabay and what you are after if might help ;)

• Advertisement

My free month is up next week. Did you just cancel before the free month was up and then they emailed you offering the £5/month and how long was the £5/month for?

Thanks
    I never used my free month I got a deal at the start which was 6 months for 12 pound I think. But yeah I cancelled before it renewed the next month

I never used my free month I got a deal at the start which was 6 months for 12 pound I think. But yeah I cancelled before it renewed the next month

grand. sher i'll cancel mine and see if they come back with any discount

grand. sher i'll cancel mine and see if they come back with any discount
    Yeah you can cancel and you will still get to use till the end of the month

• Registered Users Posts: 14 AFridgeTooFar

Can you sign up for one of the 6 month offers after you bought the box, I got the box for 9.99

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Yeah you can cancel and you will still get to use till the end of the month

Not so, service stops if u deselect auto renew

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Ordered last Friday and it was posted on Monday.

Looking at the address on the dispatch email the postcode is missing from it.

Do you think this will cause a problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Two opposing opinions above? I've up till the end of this month left on the discount offer. If I turn off auto renew now will the NowTV service be stopped or continue till the end of the month. I was gonna just wait but prefer to cancel a bit in advance so they don't have any excuses.

damian139 wrote: »
    Not so, service stops if u deselect auto renew

Went to cancel. Says you get service until end of free month, even if you cancel prior to month being up.
    Anyway, it offered £6.99/month for next 4 months not to cancel so went for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Old McGroin

Hey all! Stumbled across this thread a couple of weeks back and now have my Now TV box and also PLEX set up as a server on my laptop so I can access it through the box. Runs great, very smooth but I keep all my movies on one terrabyte hard drive and all my TV shows on another terrabyte hard drive so basically whenever I want to use it there's wires all over the gaf.
    I've noticed a thing called a NAS mentioned a couple of times throughout this thread, can anyone give a little bit of detail on how a NAS works? If I had a NAS would I still need to use my laptop or would it take the place of both the laptop and the hard drives?
    Also, I've been searching for an RTE Player plugin but keep hitting walls, anyone know where I could find one? That works?

Cheers! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

I've noticed a thing called a NAS mentioned a couple of times throughout this thread, can anyone give a little bit of detail on how a NAS works? If I had a NAS would I still need to use my laptop or would it take the place of both the laptop and the hard drives?

Cheers! :)

NAS (Network Attached Storage) is a small 'server' with disk storage. Depending on the make/model, you could install Plex server on the NAS (they are usually linux based) so yes it can replace your laptop & drives. Synology do some very nice NAS solutions and you can install Plex on the newer versions (dependant on processor used). Check out the Plex website for supported NAS's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

degsie wrote: »
    NAS (Network Attached Storage) is a small 'server' with disk storage. Depending on the make/model, you could install Plex server on the NAS (they are usually linux based) so yes it can replace your laptop & drives. Synology do some very nice NAS solutions and you can install Plex on the newer versions (dependant on processor used). Check out the Plex website for supported NAS's.

Just as a side note be 100% sure your NAS supports Plex. I have one of the 2014 Synology's and it doesn't support Plex with no plans to add support. A lot of the older models have support and the high end newer models do. Afaik only one of the 2014 models support it. Really happy with my Synology, and i'm hopeful for Plex support in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

A noob question..but...what does PLex give you thats not on the basic box?

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭styron

A noob question..but...what does PLex give you thats not on the basic box?

The main attraction is the ability to quality stream your own media content locally (and remotely over the net) to TV's etc. hosted on PC's, Servers and certain NAS's. The interface is particularly impressive as by following a simple naming convention for files, the metadata associated with programmes and movies in terms of artwork, summaries, time info etc is automatically downloaded and stored in your plex library - organising it very effectively too.

There are (minor mainly audio) Plex channels available not on the box.

Finally, the satisfaction of getting one over on Rupert Murdoch - that through the jailbreaking ingenuity of others, he is subsidising your media hardware to be used in a freer manner than intended and contrary to his interests (ie. not enriching him by spoonfeeding yourself sky products.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

first post on boards.ie... im a newbie... after I put in bt11aa do I put in my irish address or should parcel motel address be used???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

DANNY2014 wrote: »
    first post on boards.ie... im a newbie... after I put in bt11aa do I put in my irish address or should parcel motel address be used???

Welcome to boards!

Completely up to you, but to guarantee delivery I'd use PM. The BT1 1AA 'trick' is worth a chance for freebies only imho.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

DANNY2014 wrote: »

The bt11aa won't work as it is sent by register post and signature is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭marrm

nava wrote: »
    The bt11aa won't work as it is sent by register post and signature is needed.

Well, I did not sit beside the PM box waiting to sign anything. ;)

But BT1 1AA does not work - the delivery company's system picks up that it is an Irish delivery and sends the parcel back to them. :mad:

Use PM, it works! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

Just got my delivery email from NowTV with the following address info:
    Name
    Mckinney Road
    Name, PMID#####, 1a
    NEWTOWNABBEY
    United Kingdom
    BT364PE

They definately like to make a mess of the addresses - I hope it doesn't mess up with the processing/delivery to parcel motel!

I'm pretty sure that it was shown as follows when i was checking out:
    Name, PMID#####
    1a Mckinney Road
    NEWTOWNABBEY
    United Kingdom
    BT364PE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

theShire wrote: »
    Just got my delivery email from NowTV with the following address info:
    Name
    Mckinney Road
    Name, PMID#####, 1a
    NEWTOWNABBEY
    United Kingdom
    BT364PE

They definately like to make a mess of the addresses - I hope it doesn't mess up with the processing/delivery to parcel motel!

I'm pretty sure that it was shown as follows when i was checking out:
    Name, PMID#####
    1a Mckinney Road
    NEWTOWNABBEY
    United Kingdom
    BT364PE

It'll be fine, as long as you PMID and name are somewhere in the address you've nothing to worry about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

10 pounds is very expensive for just 24 hours of sky sports access. Most of the time I just want sky sports to watch a particular game.

I would genuinely dropped my sky sports subscription if this was more of a pay per view service. Like 2 pounds for access to a 2-4 hour program. I'd probably even end up paying more than the 35 euro extra a month that I currently pay with UPC! I'm a sucker for usage based payments.

Advertisement