Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred DVD - A question....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭dammitjanet

I love the 30 day shread, but I hated it at the start! Was always in pain.

I've recently started going to a run in the mornings and then following it with alternating workouts 5 days a week and I've lost over half a stone!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

I love the 30 day shread, but I hated it at the start! Was always in pain.

I've recently started going to a run in the mornings and then following it with alternating workouts 5 days a week and I've lost over half a stone!

Apologies I got her mixed up with Tracy Anderson. :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Ah Jimmy, I am disappoint.

Just to clear up the confusion, this is Jillian Michaels. Sure has my stamp of approval :pac:

jillian_michaels_bikini-1310056068.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

g'em wrote: »

I'll go sit in the bad corner for a while :(

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Cypresstree

Hi
    Just wondering how you got on? Im on the verge of buying a copy of Amazon!!

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SheRa

I have this DVD and would highly recommend it, bloody hell its tough going tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,062 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

g'em wrote: »

Just to clear up the confusion, this is Jillian Michaels. Sure has my stamp of approval :pac:

jillian_michaels_bikini-1310056068.jpg

And this is Tracy Anderson
    Jimmy, I am confuse

article400_tracy_anderson-420x0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Pixie Girl

She doesnt look unhealthy either! I would kill for her body!

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

This DVD is ****ing amazing. I cant reccomend it enough. I lost a shed load of weight and fitted into my smaller sized jeans again. You must stick to this if you want to see results, and if you are too lazy to count calories, like me, then cut out things from your diet completely for one month like drink or sugar. I cut out sugar, white rice and meat and the weight flew off!

EDIT: To all students out there, there are other ways to get this DVD, if you catch my drift. ;)

attachment.php?attachmentid=222779&d=1312849428

Started this today.

I am wrecked!

Quit smoking 3 or 4 weeks ago, and want to up my fitness. Heard good reports from this, but my god, sweating buckets!

Tell me it gets easier?

And is it better to do the routine in the morning or evening?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

Tell me it gets easier?

And is it better to do the routine in the morning or evening?

By day two you notice you're not struggling or sweating as badly! But you don't really begin to ease into it by day 5 of level 1, I'm on day 6! I change the weights day to day just to keep me working!

Personally I do it in the morning, just because I know if I don't exercise early then I'll never do it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I started this the other day but kids have gotten in the way of keeping it up. I'm starting back tonight though and will start as if I am Day 1 level 1. But my god my thighs are killing me. I'm using it in conjunction with the My Fitness Pal app on my phone and have started eating a lot more healthy than I used to. I haven't fried anything in over a week :eek:

Hope I'll see results.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

30DS is a fantastic workout dvd. If you think L1 is tough, wait til you get to L3, you'll be saying how L1 was so easy in comparison!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

tinkerbell wrote: »
    30DS is a fantastic workout dvd. If you think L1 is tough, wait til you get to L3, you'll be saying how L1 was so easy in comparison!

I'm seriously unfit so am expecting to feel the burn on every level!

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pfannkuchen

I'm on Day 8 of Level 2 and went back and did a day of Level 1 yesterday for a bit of a break. Noticed a huge difference in my fitness level, found Level 1 to be very manageable whereas I almost passed out after it back when I first started. Once you keep it up fairly regularly, it gets a lot easier. Not easy by any means, but easier. Still a great workout. Loving the results so far - losing plenty of inches and really noticing it in my clothes. Feels great :D

For everyone just beginning, keep at it! You'll want to die after Day 2, but you'll get used to it quickly. Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Cerulean Chicken

Resurrecting zombie-ish thread, hope this is ok :o

I started this a few days ago just using Youtube as it was a pretty quick decision and didn't want to wait to order dvd etc. I did 1 day of Level 1 (I did no exercise except walking until I started C25k 8 weeks ago), then did 28 min run of C25k the next day, my thighs were in bits!! My arms and abs hurt too but nothing unbearable. Yesterday I did Day 2, found it much easier to cope with, and today no pain at all anywhere! I know you're not meant to be actually in pain after all workouts, but I assume I still stick with Level 1 for a while? I'm still not doing some of the moves 100% like the tough girl in the video :P

Should I get the dvd as opposed to watching it on Youtube? Is there additional info on it?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 sherbett32

Just my own experience. I started 30DS last Oct. Since then I've completed all JM DVDs - ripped in 30, Buns n thighs etc. I've gotten great results, in better shape than I've ever been (I do at least one every day). I've only ever had very mild ache after any of the DVDs.

I bought them all, very cheap to buy all together on somewhere like Amazon. My broadband connection is too unreliable.

I love (hate) Jillian

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

I started this a few days ago just using Youtube as it was a pretty quick decision and didn't want to wait to order dvd etc. I did 1 day of Level 1 (I did no exercise except walking until I started C25k 8 weeks ago), then did 28 min run of C25k the next day, my thighs were in bits!! My arms and abs hurt too but nothing unbearable. Yesterday I did Day 2, found it much easier to cope with, and today no pain at all anywhere! I know you're not meant to be actually in pain after all workouts, but I assume I still stick with Level 1 for a while? I'm still not doing some of the moves 100% like the tough girl in the video :P

Should I get the dvd as opposed to watching it on Youtube? Is there additional info on it?

Thanks!

I have this DVD, can't use it due to back injury sustained at work last year, if you PM me your address I'll post it to you.

Mrs S

Thanks so much for your kind offer! Turns out my sister in law actually has it and isn't using it because she's pregnant so said I could take it, but thanks again for your offer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Penny Pitstop

Thanks!

Hi Cerulean Chicken. I've been thinking about starting this myself. Can I ask you what weights you are using? My upper body strength is pretty poor so would probably need to start easy. I'd be interested to know if there is any difference between the dvd & YouTube. I'm thinking of watching it on YouTube but I don't have a lot of room around me where my PC is.

• Advertisement

Hi Cerulean Chicken. I've been thinking about starting this myself. Can I ask you what weights you are using? My upper body strength is pretty poor so would probably need to start easy. I'd be interested to know if there is any difference between the dvd & YouTube. I'm thinking of watching it on YouTube but I don't have a lot of room around me where my PC is.

I'm using 1.5kg weights for now but that's because I have some problems with my neck and shoulder muscles so don't want to overdo it. I read that 3-5kg is what is mostly used, but start with what you can comfortable do. I won't be able to actually watch the dvd for at least a few days, just Youtube for now, so don't know of any differences yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Hani Kosti

I'm using 1.5kg weights for now but that's because I have some problems with my neck and shoulder muscles so don't want to overdo it. I read that 3-5kg is what is mostly used, but start with what you can comfortable do. I won't be able to actually watch the dvd for at least a few days, just Youtube for now, so don't know of any differences yet.

Doing this for over a year. There are easier things when you will easily use 5kg,some 1.5.
    Defo great routine, try Ripped in 30 for a bit of challenge.
    I do two at a time and love it

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Twixster

How is everyone getting on at this? I just started today, I'm sceptical that it's only 20 mins long but I guess it's better than sitting on the couch!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭fiona-f

Twixster wrote: »
    How is everyone getting on at this? I just started today, I'm sceptical that it's only 20 mins long but I guess it's better than sitting on the couch!

Have you actually done it today? If you've given it 100%, I doubt you'd be sceptical still or think 20 minutes wasn't long enough! It has an enduring popularity for a reason, as it really does what it promises. After some health issues in the last 2 months left me unfit and with a few extra pounds, I started back on this. I'm on day 7 at the minute and am determined to remain committed to doing one session every day. There is lots of literature on this kind of high intensity training.

One word of advice, the morning after day 2, your muscles will be killing you but work on through it, keep going with day 3 and you'll see results quickly, maybe less on the scales but definitely on your fitness, strength and inches, your clothes won't be as tight etc. Best of luckx.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 chatter1316

Jillian Michaels is a legend.
    are these DVD's suitable for men too or are they just fro women.
    i would love to try them out. i have been looking them up on amazon and they are resonably priced.
    would they be suitable for someone that is really overweight and pretty unfit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

Have been doing level 1 for the past 8 days and am going to go up to level 2 on Monday. It's fantastic and maybe it's in my head but I can feel results already. Is that possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Hani Kosti

Sure.. why not? All depends on your fitness level
    You can make it as hard/easy as you want, that's why this workout is so great
    Keep it going, well done
    Have been doing level 1 for the past 8 days and am going to go up to level 2 on Monday. It's fantastic and maybe it's in my head but I can feel results already. Is that possible?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Bumping a zombie thread, I know, but it seems to happen a lot for this thread so I won't start a new one! Thinking of starting this soon because A) my fitness levels are at an all-time low, B) I can't afford a gym membership, and C) I can never motivate myself to exercise outside when it's raining :D.

What would I need for this? An exercise mat? Weights?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

To be honest, at the very start you will only need an exercise mat and even at that, depending on the surface you will be exercising on, that may not be necessary. I believe that the DVD is available on YouTube you could do a quick scan and see for yourself what you think you need.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

Faith wrote: »
    Bumping a zombie thread, I know, but it seems to happen a lot for this thread so I won't start a new one! Thinking of starting this soon because A) my fitness levels are at an all-time low, B) I can't afford a gym membership, and C) I can never motivate myself to exercise outside when it's raining :D.

What would I need for this? An exercise mat? Weights?

Vids available on Vimeo. I used weights (3 kilos only) and I didn't have a mat, just my wooden floor and it was grand.

Did my knee in doing it, so go easy on yourself. Good luck!

Advertisement