Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So who here trains in Raw Condition Gym?

Options
  • 19-09-2013 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭

I'm only asking because..

A - It would be nice to arrange an in-house meet-up/training session as mentioned in the off-topic thread :D

B - If I know who you are I can probably hook you up with discounts etc. because I'm basically a modern day Mother Theresa with traps :cool:

C - I like helping people with their training when I'm in and not busy, despite my security-detail appearance ;)

Reply (...or PM me if you are shy!)

EDIT - Or just 'like' this post!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

When I move up I shall definitely be.

Beside Aussie BBQ is the only reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭GorillaRising

I always wondered how those 'meet up' training sessions would work...presumably it would only work if you were doing the same routine as the other person...?

..Or have I missed something :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,554 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I always wondered how those 'meet up' training sessions would work...presumably it would only work if you were doing the same routine as the other person...?

..Or have I missed something :confused:

We'd all crowd around the piece of equipment and cheer on whoever is using it.

There'd be lots of high fives and slapping of asses.*

*There may not be slapping of asses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

We'd all crowd around the piece of equipment and cheer on whoever is using it.

There'd be lots of high fives and slapping of asses.*

*There may not be slapping of asses.

There will definitely be ass slapping.

• Advertisement

There will definitely be ass slapping.
    I didn't want to second guess the intentions of others.

But it is affirmation of good squatting so why not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

I would consider joining but the ass slapping issue is holing me back.

Can someone confirm the ass slapping policy?
    is it encouraged/mandatory?
    Firm or playful but with erotic undertones?
    Is it one slap per person, or one slap per hand/lift?

Actually, im looking for a new gym after my holidays in oct, and RAW is on my shortlist. Might come down and check it out in a few weeks.

Can someone confirm the ass slapping policy?
    is it encouraged/mandatory?
    Firm or playful but with erotic undertones?
    Is it one slap per person, or one slap per hand/lift?

Actually, im looking for a new gym after my holidays in oct, and RAW is on my shortlist. Might come down and check it out in a few weeks.

Just say 'nohomo' and everyone knows your intentions are pure then.

One slap on the ass per rep I reckon. Anything more is just gratuitous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

but what if my intentions arent pure? its all too confusing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭COH

Guy's ... as much as I'm happy for you to spot each other in the showers while everyone else trains can we keep this (even remotely) on topic please :)

Just joined (online) last night so hopefully my first day will be Saturday or Sunday. Looking forward to it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I frequent said establishment.

indeed.

family-guy-weightlifters.gif

COH wrote: »
    Guy's ... as much as I'm happy for you to spot each other in the showers while everyone else trains can we keep this (even remotely) on topic please :)

Sure. Any chance of a serious answer to my question then? :) I'm genuinely curious...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Had actually just been looking at this again the other day. Not sure I can remember how to lift . :/

Stenchy you can slap my ass.

Had actually just been looking at this again the other day. Not sure I can remember how to lift . :/

Stenchy you can slap my ass.

Resisting the urge to drag the thread off topic again.

Sure. Any chance of a serious answer to my question then? :)

People can train anything they like tbh. Some people look for advice on technique, some people that are doing the same thing in their respective programming (squats etc.) generally clump together, some may decide on a group workout on the day (first boards beers there was a bit of an overhead-pressathon with the fat bar) but it was all very impromptu.

I'm not looking to regulate anyone's training.. just for the guys and girls that are already members there to get to know each other, bounce idea's off each other have some banter and know that I'm not as unapproachable as I look lol!

People can train anything they like tbh. Some people look for advice on technique, some people that are doing the same thing in their respective programming (squats etc.) generally clump together, some may decide on a group workout on the day (first boards beers there was a bit of an overhead-pressathon with the fat bar) but it was all very impromptu.

I'm not looking to regulate anyone's training.. just for the guys and girls that are already members there to get to know each other, bounce idea's off each other have some banter and know that I'm not as unapproachable as I look lol!

Sounds fun! Though my shape has improved (still wouldn't write home about it!!) I'd be nowhere near hardcore as some of you folk!

Sounds fun! Though my shape has improved (still wouldn't write home about it!!) I'd be nowhere near hardcore as some of you folk!

None of us are hardcore.. not even remotely so! Chances are that anyone that genuinely believes they are hardcore needs their head examined... with a barbell... by me :D

Sure. Any chance of a serious answer to my question then? :)I'm genuinely curious...

No ass slapping for you then.

• Advertisement

I'm not as unapproachable as I look lol!
    This is true.

You once said "How's it goin' at opening time.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

I'm the token ginger, usually there before work, seen you there a few times but dat "security-detail appearance" put me off saying hi :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Sounds like a good idea although i also train early mornings where social skills aren't functioning normally and i may respond with grunts and gestures.
    But if there's some gathering esque event then pencil me in

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

COH for mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

lel

I hear RAW has new equipment. I must return.

Dathai wrote: »
    lel

I hear RAW has new equipment. I must return.

It's even the right colour!

conzy wrote: »
    I'm the token ginger, usually there before work, seen you there a few times but dat "security-detail appearance" put me off saying hi :pac:

I wasn't aware we had changed our no ginger policy :pac: (says the bald guy!)

Say hello next time pal

I've noticed that the music has been better in the last week or so.

I'd prefer silence to that dance music...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I've noticed that the music has been better in the last week or so.

I'd prefer silence to that dance music...

There was a time last summer when I'm pretty sure I heard that song "I've never been afraid of the highest heights" on repeat for days on end. When Troy's controlling the tunes, you get some nice metal. Much more appealing!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Just put headphones on and stop moaning you bunch of bitches.

Advertisement