Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Aye faith and begorrah :D... Ridiculous attempt at oirish accent, but maybe that is how they do be a-thinking we speak, on the old sod, while the leprechauns dance endlessly around. God bless everyone's rearin' and all that ;)

Well she spends enough time in Dublin nightclubs getting her mush in the papers so she should be well versed on what a real Irish accent sounds like!

I think that little conversion about her mam and Steve is to set the groundwork for her mam making an appearance and them buying the pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭deedeemac12

Chris shouldn't have done that rap for 2 reasons
    1 its offensive
    2 its an embarrassment to him, he shouldn't try to rap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Well she spends enough time in Dublin nightclubs getting her mush in the papers so she should be well versed on what a real Irish accent sounds like!

I think that little conversion about her mam and Steve is to set the groundwork for her mam making an appearance and them buying the pub.

True. Although did I read that Liz, or Elizabeth as Jim would call her, so he would ;)...is returning to run the pub. Didn't she reappear some years ago too, but I think she didn't last very long.

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    Aaaagh, I looked quick and thought Sal's date was Pointless Paul....

Me too! It would be another excuse for Sally and Eileen to scrap on the street, with Pointless Paul as the ultimate prize. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Radio5

Ann22 wrote: »
    She was in a car accident and developed a blood clot after it, that's how she died. Think she did collapse hanging out washing.

She was in a car accident, Vera was driving. Judy was ok after the crash but sometime after but she got the blood clot after and died while hanging out the washing.

Our Terry had bought the car for Vera and I think it turned out to to be a cut & shut, surprise, surprise. After a few months, Gary and the twin Malletts went off somewhere and lived happily ever after.

The whole scene with Eva working in the Bistro last night was laughable.

• Advertisement

Radio5 wrote: »

The whole scene with Eva working in the Bistro last night was laughable.

True, it was silly but it needs some lighter moments. Better than the pair with baby Jake whining and moaning that he doesn't sleep through the night. :D

True, it was silly but it needs some lighter moments. Better than the pair with baby Jake whining and moaning that he doesn't sleep through the night. :D

Plus it was a stupid argument - even very young babies shouldn't be waking up that often! If baby Jaahh-ke was up as often as they claimed he was they need to speak with their doctor!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

I watched the rap video and it is horrifying, I'm looking forward to him getting the boot now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Yes there is always terrific variety in these gangs, though I cant help but notice that those of Asian descent are never represented, maybe that's a demographic too far in Corries quest for equality.

For a soap set in Manchester Corrie has very few people of non ethnic British background. Next to no Irish on it, last ones I remember were Keith Duffy and Martin Platt's psycho babysitter girlfriend. Very few asian, chinese, east european or black people on it compared to and ordinary working class area of Manchester. I know there's the odd one, but in general there's historically very few.
    Ann22 wrote: »
    Izzy's very good natured and trusting. Gary's a d!ck..I suspect his animosity towards Tina is partly 'cos she knocked him back. He shouldn't be so aggressive in front of that little baby..poor wee lamb looking up at him:(

I reckon Gary doesn't want her bonding with Jake and TBH he's right. But it was always a bit stupid having a surrogate from the same street so he'll have to live with that stupid decission.
    Sally didn't waste any time dragging your man up to bed...shameless hussy:). I like him actually, it irks me that Owen and Anna happily tried to force him to leave despite it breaking Faye's heart leaving her with a lifetime of insecurities.:mad: I usually hate Sally when she's rowing but I was delighted at her standing up to Owen.

Go Tim! Always fancied Sally, she can be an awful stuck up snobby cow, but she's a sexy little thing too.
    Me too! It would be another excuse for Sally and Eileen to scrap on the street, with Pointless Paul as the ultimate prize. :D

Yeah I can imagine that fight.......

Sally: *slaps Eileen* No! I don't want him, you take him!
    Eileen: *punches Sally* I'm sick of the little sh!t, you looked at him, you take him.
    Sally: *knees Eileen in the stomach* No bloody way! , he's as useless in the sack as he is at acting, you're having him back.
    Eileen: *grabs Sally by the hair* You're dumping Tim and taking him NOW! *slap slap slap*
    Owen: Alright loves, need a hand beating each other up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭ONeill2013

Aye faith and begorrah :D... Ridiculous attempt at oirish accent, but maybe that is how they do be a-thinking we speak, on the old sod, while the leprechauns dance endlessly around. God bless everyone's rearin' and all that ;)

to be fair that's how most people do sound to an unfamiliar ear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzE8ZPqPVQo

here is noel gallaghers attempt at a mayo accent (7 mins in)

• Advertisement

ONeill2013 wrote: »
    to be fair that's how most people do sound to an unfamiliar ear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzE8ZPqPVQo

here is noel gallaghers attempt at a mayo accent (7 mins in)

What do you mean? We all sound like that in Mayo!!!!

I hope you are all proud of yourselves, I was dreaming about Fireman Paul last night, it wasn't pretty :(

I hope you are all proud of yourselves, I was dreaming about Fireman Paul last night, it wasn't pretty :(
    Not a dream, Mayo Gurl, that was a nightmare you had :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭ONeill2013

What do you mean? We all sound like that in Mayo!!!!

i just mean that to anyone not living in the area the 'standard' irish accent sounds very like how the lovely kym lomas portrayed it. well apart from the munster and dublin accents and north

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

Whats happening to Sally at the moment? They've totally changed her character since she's hooked up with Tim. The scene where they were snogging in the middle of the street in front of Anna and Owen was very out of character. Usually she would be looking down at someone else for that type of behaviour.

Red Kev wrote: »

Yeah I can imagine that fight.......

Sally: *slaps Eileen* No! I don't want him, you take him!
    Eileen: *punches Sally* I'm sick of the little sh!t, you looked at him, you take him.
    Sally: *knees Eileen in the stomach* No bloody way! , he's as useless in the sack as he is at acting, you're having him back.
    Eileen: *grabs Sally by the hair* You're dumping Tim and taking him NOW! *slap slap slap*
    Owen: Alright loves, need a hand beating each other up.
    Love it, :D, and he moves in with whoever loses the fight, complete with his little wardrobe of bomber jackets.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

EB_2013 wrote: »
    Whats happening to Sally at the moment? They've totally changed her character since she's hooked up with Tim. The scene where they were snogging in the middle of the street in front of Anna and Owen was very out of character. Usually she would be looking down at someone else for that type of behaviour.

ah but Sally Websters always been a bit of a hypocrite

ONeill2013 wrote: »
    i just mean that to anyone not living in the area the 'standard' irish accent sounds very like how the lovely kym lomas portrayed it. well apart from the munster and dublin accents and north

I'm only joking :D Actually, Liam Gallagher has been spotted in these parts over the weekend, so if I don't post again......

Not really - she's always been a bit of a minx. How many affairs has she had at this stage? And when she came into the soap at first, isn't that why Hilda disliked her? Cos she was a bit of a flighty sort?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I'm only joking :D Actually, Liam Gallagher has been spotted in these parts over the weekend, so if I don't post again......

And according to todays news his marriage has ended, so you go girl;)

Not really - she's always been a bit of a minx. How many affairs has she had at this stage? And when she came into the soap at first, isn't that why Hilda disliked her? Cos she was a bit of a flighty sort?

I guess with Kevin out of the way she can have some fun. She just reminded of some cheeky teenager when she was with Tim.

She must be desperate to get together with him. He's only hanging around to wind Anna and Owen up.

• Advertisement

Sally is a complete imbecile to be quite honest. As bad as Gail is (and she is one colossal pain in the hole make no mistake) id prefer her to Sally

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Sally turned my stomach the way she pronounced 'breakfast' in that horrible pouty way when she was trying to jump Tim. If I'd been him, I'd have lost my boner instantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

The actor who plays Tommy Duckworth, Chris Fountain, in Corrie has just been sacked with immediate effect for inappropriate remarks on Facebook and Twitter about rape

paulaa wrote: »
    The actor who plays Tommy Duckworth, Chris Fountain, in Corrie has just been sacked with immediate effect for inappropriate remarks on Facebook and Twitter about rape

OMG!!!!!! no way I thought he'd get away with a suspension, or else be written out with Tina when she goes but not immediate

OMG!!!!!! no way I thought he'd get away with a suspension, or else be written out with Tina when she goes but not immediate

I heard it on ITV Yorkshire news and couldn't believe it. No second chances then .Here is the report from ITV

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2013-08-19/report-coronation-street-actor-chris-fountain-is-sacked/

I heard it on ITV Yorkshire news and couldn't believe it. No second chances then .Here is the report from ITV

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2013-08-19/report-coronation-street-actor-chris-fountain-is-sacked/

I think they're using it as an excuse to write him out as part of Tina's leaving storyline. I think he had just renewed his contract when she decided to leave.

Didn't the actors who play Dev and Lloyd get away with taking cocaine? And weren't the videos from years ago?

There's going to be nobody left in the street soon with all these sackings/suspensions recently.

I didn't really think the character was going anywhere so no big loss. Shame he never got decent storylines as he was brilliant in Hollyoaks.

To make light of something like rape is as serious as it gets. He got his just desserts to be honest. I commend ITV.
    I do hope Fountain can get work in the future but learns his lesson from his idiocy.

I think they're using it as an excuse to write him out as part of Tina's leaving storyline. I think he had just renewed his contract when she decided to leave.

Didn't the actors who play Dev and Lloyd get away with taking cocaine? And weren't the videos from years ago?

Yes they did afaik. I wonder will Tina leave a bit earlier now

• Advertisement

There's going to be nobody left in the street soon with all these sackings/suspensions recently.

I didn't really think the character was going anywhere so no big loss. Shame he never got decent storylines as he was brilliant in Hollyoaks.

I agree. I think Tommy the character had no more to give. I also think the Kevin/Ken thing may have the bosses a bit over cautions but I also agree with
    tipp_Gunner that he was foolish

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement