Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Full soft drinks or diet soft drinks?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

I like pepsi.....

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

Sparkling water does it for me when in need of a fizzy drink. Preferably Galway water.is the fact that it's carbonated really bad for a person or is it way better than any of the other fizzys?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

Pepsi Max is my choice.

Still waiting on a good diet Orange drink though (Fanta, Finches and Club Orange are all miles ahead of diet alternatives)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Diet Coke tastes like p1ss

Water if thirsty.
    Diet coke with vodka
    Pepsi Max in the cinema
    Lucozade citrus clear or orange juice or mi wadi if I'm hungover.

Water is the bestest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Seanachai wrote: »
    Went through a phase of drinking diet coke when I was younger and was eliminating foods and drinks to trace chronic illness and stopping it was one of the best decisions I've ever made. The artifical sweetners on a regular basis are worse than drinking regular sugar drinks occasionally. I still like a full sugar coke in the cinema if I'm hungover ;).

http://www.sweetpoison.com/aspartame-side-effects.html

That website is bullcrap

http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/aspartame.asp

There are 7 spoons of sugar in a can of coke. Tis yucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

i don't think its mis information but more sugar has been around longer therefore its effects are better known,

aspartame hasn't been around that long so they are still discovering possible health risks, they will probably continue to find and disprove theories for decades yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

Vanilla Coke over everything else tbh

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Pepsi Max is my drink of choice usually

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

An orange is more thirstquenching than any drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

An orange is more thirstquenching than any drink.

ooo you win, i take my ice cold water back nothing nicer than freshly squeezed Oj.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭PandaX9

Has to be full fat coke but only very occasionally, trip to cinema, one weekend a month maybe. All other times, Sprite Zero.

There's something awfully unfizzy and unpleasantly after-tasting about Coke Zero and Pepsi Max. Sprite Zero and Fanta Zero, however, are perfectly fine.

A lot of people buying into the aspartame is poison conspiracy theory I see.

I try to stick to diet drinks and water normally, Pepsi max being my favourite diet drink but when hungover I need sugar so is Lilt, normal coke or lucozade all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Seanachai

That website is bullcrap

http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/aspartame.asp[/QUOTE]

Still wouldn't convince me tbh and I don't trust the FDA but knock yourself out , it's your body.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Fact 1: Soft drinks are popular
    Fact 2. Traditionally, soft drinks are very high in sugar
    Fact 3. The vast majority of people in the West do not need any sugar in their diet beyond what they consume at mealtimes
    Fact 4. There is a significant problem with Diabetes and Obesity
    Fact 5. There are a lot of people out there who have poor willpower and will consume too much junk food regardless of the consequences.
    Fact 6. Diet soft drinks contain a tiny fraction of the sugar content of regular soft drinks and taste very similar (in some cases, almost identical)
    Fact 7. While there has been a lot of internet hysteria about the negative health impacts of artificial sweeteners like Aspartame, there is no evidence to support these claims. the most dramatic of these claims appear to have been simply made up by the likes of Naturalnews.com and other websites that make their money from selling 'natural' products and objecting to all things scientific.
    Fact 8. While there very little evidence of harm from consuming artificial sweetners, there is incontrovertible evidence that over consumption of sugar can significantly shorten your life and negatively affect your health/quality of life.

If someone is worried about their weight or recognises that they don't need extra calories above their regular meals but doesn't feel like they want to live their lives in constant self denial, then using diet soft drinks is a perfectly sensible option as far as I'm concerned

If an alien species beamed down to earth and said they had this amazing technology that allows people to eat their favourite foods all the time with no significant negative effects, we would marvel at their ingenuity, but we have already invented amazing technologies to simulate sugar without the negative effects and instead of celebrating, we have half the populating whinging about a very slight taste difference, and the other half making up bullsh1t about how the new technology is all a conspiracy to poison us all...

We're a mad bunch of creatures us humans are.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Neither really...but I crave coke the odd time! And not the diet stuff. I have a few friends who drink about 4 or 5 bottles of diet coke a day and think it's grand...yuck!

Diet club orange is the only diet drink I ever thought tasted pretty much the same as the original..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

Vodka and Coke.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I've never liked the full sugar stuff, I find it too sweet and cloying
    Much prefer diet versions

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭kilkenny12

hoodwinked wrote: »
    i know, but my grandmother is 74 size 8-10, no diabetes, eats more sugar/fat/salt than i do :D (my mother is the same and she's worse than me too i at least try healthy eating sometimes)

we are an anomaly of a family, no physical health issues, other than 1 genetic unrelated to diet condition! :D

lol.

Water all the way, but occasionally if i was to have one, anything would do cause they're all bad for ya in some way so it doesn't really matter:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭andersat2

it's amazing how big companies making money on selling sugar free products...

in production sweetener costs 3-4 times less than regular sugar.
    but they still selling those sugar free products at the same price like normal ones.
    that's why they pushing us to buy more sugar free products, motivating, that they are 0 calories...
    those sweeteners-chemicals like aspartan - is a killer to your health

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

andersat2 wrote: »
    it's amazing how big companies making money on selling sugar free products...

in production sweetener costs 3-4 times less than regular sugar.
    but they still selling those sugar free products at the same price like normal ones.
    that's why they pushing us to buy more sugar free products, motivating, that they are 0 calories...

They're all unhealthy, nobody actually thinks any of them are healthy, I would imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I do tend to drink the 'diet' stuff rather than 'full' but tbh I don't drink that much of either anyway.

Prefer a bit of diluted stuff instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

chosen1 wrote: »
    I think anyone with a sense of taste would easily distinguish between regular and diet versions.

Will pick up on that horrible false sweet aspartine anytime.

Sorry, I know the topic says diet but coke zero is also an option and tastes completely different to diet.

Coke zero and regular coke do indeed taste very very similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,900 ✭✭✭paulbok

Fully leaded drinks normally, although like Caliden above, I've started to come around to coke zero lately.

But is has to be regular coke for a hangover.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

paulbok wrote: »
    Fully leaded drinks normally, although like Caliden above, I've started to come around to coke zero lately.

But is has to be regular coke for a hangover.

Jaysus don't forget the bag of meanies

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Coke Zero does not taste anything like real coke,anyone who says it does is talking bullshit BULL-FUCKING-SHIT!

Also,British coke isn't half as tasty as the Irish stuff,it tastes watered down or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,900 ✭✭✭paulbok

Coke Zero does not taste anything like real coke,anyone who says it does is talking bullshit BULL-FUCKING-SHIT!

Your opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Caliden wrote: »
    I challenge anyone to be able tell the difference between regular coke and coke zero after an hour in the fridge.

Can I wear a jacket?

• Advertisement

andersat2 wrote: »

More clueless nonsense. No respected study has found any problem with it, just articles on dodgy websites that a lot of people appear to believe for some unknown reason.
    Caliden wrote: »
    Jaysus don't forget the bag of meanies

You cant beat meanies the next morning if you are feeling a bit delicate after a night on the beer!

Advertisement