Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Figures on non-EU workers in Ireland?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

another day another foreign bashing on boards.ie

We are a complete laughing stock with our head of state cornered and abused by lunatics in longford, preaching religious doctrine in 2013 en masse, a church trying to dictate policy for all citizens regardless of religion and it's horde of followers following suit.
    A party who are clearly responsible for the crash and mishandling of our economy, faced the worst results of their reign only a few years ago in a general election, are now sustaining their position as the most popular in public polls.

But lets not worry about dem tings. sure wouldn't it be grand if it wasn't for dose foreigners.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Leftist wrote: »
    another day another foreign bashing on boards.ie

We are a complete laughing stock with our head of state cornered and abused by lunatics in longford, preaching religious doctrine in 2013 en masse, a church trying to dictate policy for all citizens regardless of religion and it's horde of followers following suit.
    A party who are clearly responsible for the crash and mishandling of our economy, faced the worst results of their reign only a few years ago in a general election, are now sustaining their position as the most popular in public polls.

But lets not worry about dem tings. sure wouldn't it be grand if it wasn't for dose foreigners.

Where is the foreigner bashing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

Augmerson wrote: »

so we can join in

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    And they can eat the leftovers from the tables of the rich if they feel charittable and be educated with no shoes on because sure back in the middle ages you seldom had feet never mind shoes to put on them! ;) Welcome the the 21st Century, a time where basic human rights are available to most and a bed to sleep on at night is plentiful!

what would make one require a new bed? beds last forever and St Vincent de Paul have lots of free/nearly free beds/sofas/cloths

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

what would make one require a new bed? beds last forever and St Vincent de Paul have lots of free/nearly free beds/sofas/cloths

Aye, I got a free bed from SVP. Once I got rid of the stain on it from where the old woman defecated herself when she died it was good to go. People are too soft these days.

• Advertisement

suppose you should have chosen a less stained bed - cleaning products are not that expensive too and svp steam clean everything from there with insecticide. Cut the poo section out and turn the mattress over - few blankets over it and you'll never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Ah come on lads, where would the black economy be without those non-eu students working for exactly the minimum wage (and not a penny less of course), 20 hours (and not a minute more?) a week? All totally above board.

Say nothing, wink and a nod, the system works lads.

Bambi wrote: »
    Ah come on lads, where would the black economy be without those non-eu students working for exactly the minimum wage (and not a penny less of course), 20 hours (and not a minute more?) a week? All totally above board.

Say nothing, wink and a nod, the system works lads.

there is one asian bloke near me and he does that a day

there is one asian bloke near me and he does that a day

Not at all, you must be imagining it, there's no way irish employers and non eu students are ignoring the law on a massive scale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

I have the governments immigration laws to thank for all the sexy South American women in Dublin at the moment. Seriously, who would complain about that :pac:

• Advertisement

I have the governments immigration laws to thank for all the sexy South American women in Dublin at the moment. Seriously, who would complain about that :pac:

yeah but there are plenty that look/sound like men too that should be removed/excluded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Fierce temper though :eek:

Is that true for most of them? Because doing a classic judging of one entire nation of the Brazilians, on the ones I met at a couple of parties in Galway a few years ago, the guys at least seemed to have a rather violent scumbaggy attitude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Is that true for most of them? Because doing a classic judging of one entire nation of the Brazilians, on the ones I met at a couple of parties in Galway a few years ago, the guys at least seemed to have a rather violent scumbaggy attitude.

Nope just "mine" lol (in a non-posessory sense). I cant speak for almost 200 million people (much as I'd like to :D).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

yeah but there are plenty that look/sound like men too that should be removed/excluded.

That's the second comment I've read about that or was the first from you as well?

I've never met a South American woman that looks/sounds like a man....and all the South American women I'm talking about are gay/bi. Strange!

South American men are gorgeous too but, again, the only ones I know are gay :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

last year?

Yes the in the last year alone fair play to them aswell 3000 Irish people obviously didn't want to work in the sector

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

There is a large amount of Americans in Ireland ( I know a load of people who are 100% Irish but American born). People have no problem with them or the chinese who have a unemployment rate of 6% in Ireland. But Nigerians with a unemployment rate of 31% is asking for serious problems in the future. Like France, Holland etc, are having with uneducated non nationals.

Most non-nationals are hard working and I think its fantastic that they provide skills Irish people dont have. But dont come expecting everything and give nothing in return

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

And on a personal note, I like having the Brazilians around - far more sunny disposition than the moaning, whingeing Irish, always complaining about the weather and foreigners, and people stealing the jobs that nobody wanted before 2008...

As an aside, and general anecdote, I was working the Electric Picnic in 2010. A storm went over on the Sunday just as Massive Attack closed the festival. I stayed to hear them, but was soaked to the skin, and staff camping was right the other side of the perimeter road, bloody long walk. A guy dropping off at the back of the vendors area offered me a lift down but said he had to drop off lunches for the litter pickers.

We swung by one of the big tops and approx 150 workers were laughing, singing and smiling despite being soaked and dressed for the most part in bin-bags. They were about to go out and finish working through the night in a field in horizonal driving rain picking up sh1te.

I asked the guy who these amazing people were.

"Brazilians" says he "aren't they great!" with a big grin.

And OP ...here ya go.

http://www.cso.ie/en/media/csoie/releasespublications/documents/latestheadlinefigures/popmig_2012.pdf

MadsL wrote: »
    As an aside, and general anecdote, I was working the Electric Picnic in 2010. A storm went over on the Sunday just as Massive Attack closed the festival. I stayed to hear them, but was soaked to the skin, and staff camping was right the other side of the perimeter road, bloody long walk. A guy dropping off at the back of the vendors area offered me a lift down but said he had to drop off lunches for the litter pickers.

We swung by one of the big tops and approx 150 workers were laughing, singing and smiling despite being soaked and dressed for the most part in bin-bags. They were about to go out and finish working through the night in a field in horizonal driving rain picking up sh1te.

I asked the guy who these amazing people were.

"Brazilians" says he "aren't they great!" with a big grin.

And OP ...here ya go.

http://www.cso.ie/en/media/csoie/releasespublications/documents/latestheadlinefigures/popmig_2012.pdf

yeah singing in the rain is one of the questions the Foreign Affairs Dept ask on the visa forms allright.

yeah singing in the rain is one of the questions the Foreign Affairs Dept ask on the visa forms allright.

Wouldnt surprise me, you should see the amount of personal information we had to give to prove the validity of our relationship for de facto app...and they still come back for more, or lose stuff and ask you for it again.

Wouldnt surprise me, you should see the amount of peronsal information we had to give to prove the validity of our relationship for de facto app...and they still come back for more, or lose stuff and ask you for it again.

terrible

• Advertisement

terrible

I dont even mind so much the losing stuff and asking for it again...but it takes 3 months for them to realise its lost and ask for it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

I dont even mind so much the losing stuff and asking for it again...but it takes 3 months for them to realise its lost and ask for it :(

As someone who has had considerable dealings with GNIB, you have my sympathy. There are for the most part doing their jobs, just with extra c*nt added.

MadsL wrote: »
    As someone who has had considerable dealings with GNIB, you have my sympathy. There are for the most part doing their jobs, just with extra c*nt added.

And slowly too! nearing an 8 month wait at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Augmerson wrote: »

Have you never read After Hours?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 667 ✭✭✭S.R.

And on a personal note, I like having the Brazilians around - far more sunny disposition than the moaning, whingeing Irish, always complaining about the weather and foreigners, and people stealing the jobs that nobody wanted before 2008...

Why don't you move to Brazil with your partner? You will have nice weather and Brazilians around 24/7, 365/366 days.

S.R. wrote: »
    Why don't you move to Brazil with your partner? You will have nice weather and Brazilians around 24/7, 365/366 days.

Wow why didnt I think of that before.

Lets see...just need to move my family, friends, job, college....

I'm glad we did this.

I'm glad we did this.

They're all moaners and whingers according to you, so why not just f**k off ?

Oh thats right, because brazil is an even bigger corrupt ****hole than ireland

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 667 ✭✭✭S.R.

I'm glad we did this.

No colleges etc in Brazil?

S.R. wrote: »
    No colleges etc in Brazil?

er...yes? Just...not the one I am currently in and have paid for?? You'll be alright in a minute :P
    Oh and before you ask, they also have families in Brazil...but again...not mine ;)

• Advertisement

Bambi wrote: »
    They're all moaners and whingers according to you, so why not just f**k off ?

Oh thats right, because brazil is an even bigger corrupt ****hole than ireland

Have I done something to offend you?

Or...has Brazil done something to annoy you?

Advertisement