Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2011-2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

Gunner87 wrote: »
    John Power and Michael o halloran of abbeyside pulled two dirty strokes against passage at the weekend. If this sort of thing isnt stamped out then itll ruin the spectacle for all.
    what happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭deisefolife

boodiebhoy wrote: »
    I heard from some Abbeyside club members that the cost of the Derry trip will be about €8,000 to cover transport, kit etc. That's a lot of fundraising. Being dual representatives will take some effort.

and Dungarvan also have to fund raise from the same town so yes lots of fund raising

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Lismore v Ballyduff has been postponed due to a bereavement.

Aussie Gleeson and Jake dillon.....unbelievable performances by both in fraher tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

what were the results tonight?

• Advertisement

what were the results tonight?

DLS 4-18 Rinn 0-12

Mount Sion 1-18 Abbeyside 1-15

Some intermediate ones as well:

East:

Ballygunner 1-12 Ferrybank 0-13

Butlerstown GAA Club 3-16 Ballyduff Lower 1-11

Cluain Fhia/Clonea 0-15 Dunhill 1-16

Portlaw 1-13 Erins Own 0-10

St Molleran's 0-8 De La Salle 1-12 (from last night)

West:

only one result up at the moment on Waterford GAA website

Ardmore 2-19 Fourmilewater 3-11

http://www.waterfordgaa.ie/latestResults

Too lazy to throw in the Junior ones, but they're in there!

Most clubs also have twitter accounts at this stage and Waterford GAA would have a lot of the results on there's too.

Ian gagley suffered a serious knee injury, had to be taken away in an ambulance, best wishes to him, too many players getting serious injuries at the moment

Deise_2012 wrote: »
    Ian gagley suffered a serious knee injury, had to be taken away in an ambulance, best wishes to him, too many players getting serious injuries at the moment

Heard it was his cruciate?

Heard it was his cruciate?

jaysus you wouldnt need an ambulance for a cruciate

any reports on the senior games this eve?

• Advertisement

I suppose they had to take him away to the hospital. Ambulances are redundant at most games, and I guess they'd be heading back to the hospital anyway possibly.

any reports on the senior games this eve?

http://tomasmccarthy.blogspot.ie/

He won't have any reports until tomorrow night or Monday, but writes very good stuff. People were asking about the standout players last weekend, well he included a team of the week in his posts about the first round. Worth bookmarking.

I suppose they had to take him away to the hospital. Ambulances are redundant at most games, and I guess they'd be heading back to the hospital anyway possibly.

a&e wouldnt be able to tell him if his cruciate was gone but maybe they thought it was something else at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭boodiebhoy

Lismore v Ballyduff has been postponed due to a bereavement.

Dungarvan v Passage also off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭robopaddy

Cruciate is a bloody painful experience i know myself.

robopaddy wrote: »
    Cruciate is a bloody painful experience i know myself.

and so do i!

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Teebor15

Is that true about the Tramore v Bunmahon junior hurling championship match last week being abandoned after 5 mins because all hell was breaking loose and the ref said to hell with the lot of yee if ye dont want to play hurling, and walked off the pitch.

Teebor15 wrote: »
    Is that true about the Tramore v Bunmahon junior hurling championship match last week being abandoned after 5 mins because all hell was breaking loose and the ref said to hell with the lot of yee if ye dont want to play hurling, and walked off the pitch.
    junior hurling at its best!

and so do i!

seems weve more in common than we thought so... lol

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭doublejj

it was abandoned....loads of fighting,but i can bet ya no punishment be dished out....the usual **** in this county

• Advertisement

Worse still is the 30 man brawl that occured in Walsh Park today according to WLR. And nobody saw the line!

tim byrne....lets see him punish tramore,bunmahon......i doubt it....st pauls,saviors be deducted points if it was them

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Mr Tibbs

Worse still is the 30 man brawl that occured in Walsh Park today according to WLR. And nobody saw the line!

By any chance after the fight did a hurling match break out.

Mr Tibbs wrote: »
    By any chance after the fight did a hurling match break out.

was that in roanmore bgunner game?

was that in roanmore bgunner game?
    yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭deiseach

Teebor15 wrote: »

It's true. Read all about it (okay, a little bit about it :P) here.

cant wait to see the outcome.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

deiseach wrote: »
    It's true. Read all about it (okay, a little bit about it :P) here.

from that report it doesn't sound like anything out of the ordinary to be fair to the clubs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭deiseach

jive wrote: »
    from that report it doesn't sound like anything out of the ordinary to be fair to the clubs!

I'd hate to see what you'd think if you were trying to be unfair!

• Advertisement

deiseach wrote: »
    I'd hate to see what you'd think if you were trying to be unfair!

From what I can see the ref was completely out of order here. Ive seen a game abadoned before but that was after a melee which went for about 20 mins and it was obvious that parity was not going to be restored. It seems here that the ref walked off the field after just 3 minutes.

Who knows maybe he was having a bad day and just said to hell with this, or else he just felt he wasn't going to be able to gain control of the game. If so he shouldnt be there in the first place. A lot a junior games are like that where theres a couple of early flakes fellahs are too wound up and its up to the ref to nip it in the bud early on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement