Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman: Arkham Origins

Options
  • 12-02-2013 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭

Holy f*ck balls Batman!

A transcript of the company's Q4 2012 earnings call, posted on Seeking Alpha, quotes CFO John
    K. Martin:

"We expect [digital home video revenue] to grow close to 20% in 2013. And we
    also have a strong games release this year, which will include the next release
    in the Batman Arkham franchise."

Now, hopefully Rocksteady continue this brilliant series and not stray into the Silver Age rumour. Although saying that, I have 100% faith in them. It's just a pity the writer of the first 2 isn't signing on for this.

Wasn't expecting another Arkham game this year.....and realistically can't see it happening but hope I'm proven wrong.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/390738/batman-arkham-3-to-release-in-2013-warner-confirms/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Can't wait for this game, have really enjoyed the first two and like you said I hope they just continue rather than go back to the silver age as rumoured. All those rumours were some time ago, has there been anything more said about it recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Paul1990

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Holy f*ck balls Batman!

Now, hopefully Rocksteady continue this brilliant series and not stray into the Silver Age rumour. Although saying that, I have 100% faith in them. It's just a pity the writer of the first 2 isn't signing on for this.

Wasn't expecting another Arkham game this year.....and realistically can't see it happening but hope I'm proven wrong.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/390738/batman-arkham-3-to-release-in-2013-warner-confirms/

Same here. I love the current setting and characters.

I don't want it to go all retro and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

The only problem is that if you read further down the article it says Rocksteady mightn't be working on it which would worry me.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The Silver Age rumours were from July 2012 but nothing since. They could be thinking it would be too hard to make a game in the whole of Gotham City but just like Arkham Asylum had the secret room showing the blueprints for Arkham City, I wonder is the 'city in a puddle' showing Gotham City as the next playground.

It is very worrying that Rocksteady might not be making the next installment but can't see the Arkham games deing done by any other studio, they might as well make up their own series of Batman games.

Also I wonder if anyone found the '3 or 4 secrets still undiscovered' yet?

http://kotaku.com/5911839/drive-yourself-nuts-trying-to-guess-the-3-to-4-undiscovered-secrets-of-arkham-city

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Unless Rockstar are making it, I will be very apprehensive about it.

• Advertisement

Unless Rockstar are making it, I will be very apprehensive about it.

I think they will have their hands full with GTA 5 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Damn it! Rocksteady!

Damn it! Rocksteady!

HAHA I called them Rockstar in one of my posts above as well but noticed just before I hit submit. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

<croses fingers and squints eyes>...... cccoooommmmeeee oooonnnn full access to a full Gotham city and Batmobile!!! :eek::eek::D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

This announcement would move me to tears... If I still had tears to shed.

• Advertisement

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    This announcement would move me to tears... If I still had tears to shed.

Very nice! Arnie would be proud.

Very nice! Arnie would be proud.

That was an animated series quote, you have no place in this thread. Be gone!

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    That was an animated series quote, you have no place in this thread. Be gone!

What! Arnie is the real Mr. Freeze!

Mr_Freeze_(Arnold_Schwarzenegger)_2.gif

Actually in serious mood to go back and watch the animated series now.

Saw an easteregg vid I didn't see before, very interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Am I the only one who finds the Batman Arkham games to be awfully dull and uneventful?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

COYVB wrote: »
    Am I the only one who finds the Batman Arkham games to be awfully dull and uneventful?

Yes.

I thought there was too much happening in the 2nd one to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Damn it! Rocksteady!

At least you didn`t say bebop.

Playing through Harley`s Revenge these days I find it a bit tedious a real slog that is more Challenge Room than campaign.
    Hopefully a full sequel is in the works though :D

And I thought there wasn't enough in the game. I liked the side missions but found the main storyline a bit short. Maybe the reason I was left wanting for more is because the game is genuinely amazing.

Can't imagine what a 3rd game in the same series will be like without Rocksteady developing and Paul Dini writing, and
    a dead Joker
    but at this time nothing concrete is known apart from a few loose tid-bits from an eager suit.

If they somehow manage to produce another great Batman game, I don't mind waiting for RS to finish GTA5 first.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I thought the first was over hyped and not great but I thought the second one was class,went in with lesser expections I guess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

stankratz wrote: »
    And I thought there wasn't enough in the game. I liked the side missions but found the main storyline a bit short. Maybe the reason I was left wanting for more is because the game is genuinely amazing.

Can't imagine what a 3rd game in the same series will be like without Rocksteady developing and Paul Dini writing, and
    a dead Joker
    but at this time nothing concrete is known apart from a few loose tid-bits from an eager suit.

If they somehow manage to produce another great Batman game, I don't mind waiting for RS to finish GTA5 first.

Rockstar don`t make the Arkham Games

• Registered Users Posts: 28,870 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

GTA:Gotham City?

Strange that this is the first we semi officially hear of the game. You'd think we'd have more info for a game due out this year.

Rockstar don`t make the Arkham Games

Thanks, getting my rocks muxed ip.

So why aren't Rocksteady on board for the next game, and Paul Dini for that matter. Considering the modern fondness of all things 'trilogy' and with 2 strong games behind them, I'd hope all hands would be on the job for the 3rd (last?) Arkham game to see out the series. There were certainly enough loose ends to point to a sequel by the end of AC so RSteady and Dini can't have been caught off-guard by the proposition of a 3rd game.

Maybe money is the problem as it often can be, perhaps RS and the writer Dini want more $$$ or the more likely scenario, Warner want to give them less. Of course I have no knowledge of the actual reasons and am just summising.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

stankratz wrote: »
    Thanks, getting my rocks muxed ip.

So why aren't Rocksteady on board for the next game, and Paul Dini for that matter. Considering the modern fondness of all things 'trilogy' and with 2 strong games behind them, I'd hope all hands would be on the job for the 3rd (last?) Arkham game to see out the series. There were certainly enough loose ends to point to a sequel by the end of AC so RSteady and Dini can't have been caught off-guard by the proposition of a 3rd game.

Maybe money is the problem as it often can be, perhaps RS and the writer Dini want more $$$ or the more likely scenario, Warner want to give them less. Of course I have no knowledge of the actual reasons and am just summising.:confused:

I don't think money is the problem. Warner owns a majority stake in Rocksteady. The problem with Dini could be that he's not doing any work for DC or Warner at present. He's actually working on animated series for Marvel and writing comics for independents as far as I know so maybe they wanted to get a writer from inside rather than hiring a freelancer.

Here's hoping for Scott Snyder, if that's what they are doing.

Batman: Arkham Origins to be released on PS4 next XBOX this year?????

http://www.thegamingliberty.com/2013/03/report-batman-arkham-origins-coming-to-ps4-and-next-xbox-this-year/

Very strange if true as they have a load of potential to move forward with the story, not sure what they would do with an origins story.

Very strange if true as they have a load of potential to move forward with the story, not sure what they would do with an origins story.

Because Hamill was possibly misquoted, and will voice the Joker again. Just a guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

I find them overrated. I can't help but feel that the relative novelty of a game treating its source material with the dignity it deserves causes people to give these games more credit than they're due. They're competent but not the 10/10 masterpieces the gaming press make them out to be. Maybe if I was a comic-book fan I'd think differently.

Without all the comic stuff and brilliant lore, it's still an excellent game with, imo, the best combat of any game this. Ah I could go into some rant here, bottom line, it's the best game series this gen.....imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

Without all the comic stuff and brilliant lore, it's still an excellent game with, imo, the best combat of any game this.

imo, I disagree with that. Arkham has a very simplistic combat engine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Without all the comic stuff and brilliant lore, it's still an excellent game with, imo, the best combat of any game this. Ah I could go into some rant here, bottom line, it's the best game series this gen.....imo.

I think it's that I find third person sandboxy games to be incredibly unfocused and boring, regardless of their focus. I hate GTA too

Advertisement