Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Range Resources (RRL.L) tipped by RHPS

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Grecco

Sold out completely today, I`m happy with the profit as I thought this would be a long haul

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭alanceltic

neil.p.b wrote: »
    I will post a chart later tonight if i get a chance explaining it all if you are interested.

Always interested, a man can never know too much but im green around the gills on charts.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭neil.p.b

Since July '12 we've seen normal accumulation price action. The professionals job in this instance is to remove all sell bias. They do this by selling every rise, forcing prices lower until they flush out all of the sell bias liquidity.

You'll see some strange spikes and drops along the way when they are searching for hidden liquidity and what the balance of power is.
    See Aug '28, prices closed the previous day at 4.8 and opened at 4, volume that day was 4 times that of the average for the month before, they now know there is liquidity down there so of course that is where they send it. When we get to January and the low 3s and volume is totally drying up, they are now ready to make their first move and spike it up Jan '24, you can the increase in volume on that day and the following. The next three weeks are spent moving sideways removing the remaining sell bias as they were still some opportunistic sellers wanting out, once they think is complete they'll again flood the market in buy liquidity pushing it up, seen Feb 13th, 18th and 19th, on the other days they just have to sit back and let the late comers (non-professionals) continue the rise.

Then on the 20th and 21st they distribute the shares. 210m shares traded over those two days and prices are only marginally up on the 19th. IMO if prices were going higher in the short term they would have done so here, it is more likely than not that prices will retrace, volume will dry up a bit again and things will settle for a bit before the next leg up.

rrl1.jpg

I think it'll come back to early 4s. That 6p area is historically key and the more important an area is the more head room prices need to have before breaking it and prices are too overheated at the moment, Stochs are atm and RRL does not like that, almost always drops back and consolidates when they are. The last 4 months saw the 4p area (not an exact point) as a support/resistance zone so it is likely to be back-tested, 61.8% fib is also there.

rrl2.jpg

This is purely a traders mentality and may or may not happen, from my point of view it doesn't really matter either way, there is always a trade, but if it does then it gets mine, and a lot of others attention as we look to buy back in again.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭yobr

Neil,

Excellent analysis, many thanks..

Right so i've dipped my toe in a bit again here today. My initial target of a drop back to low 4s does not seem like hitting as support in the mid 4s provided enough of a bounce (for now anyway!). I still think there could be another few days at these levels but it's holding up well so far.

Does anyone know when and what the next piece of news is????

RRL MAR 2.jpg

• Advertisement

Hi Neil,

Many thanks for your earlier charts, I haven't checked in here in a while. Encouraged to see you dip your toes back in here again so im guessing the stars are aligning on a charting basis. Interested to know if you have an exit point in mind and how flexible you are on it? are you happy to hit a set target or are you flexible enough to see how the dices roll in the short/med term?

My previous positive sentiment was purely based on upcoming news but you can never tell with that bollox PL, in saying that there are a number of things stirring so even if one or two things get stalled or don't come good there is enough in reserve to drive the sp forward.

Texas - line drawn under, deal within expected guidelines
    New fiscals - agreed with significant upside on the net return per barrel (circa $50) this has a significant & immediate impact to cashflows
    Guatemala - came from left field in Jan and within weeks we get an announcement of 300-400 bopd (sounds too good to be true and id love to know how this was secured or if it was an absolute punt) this bopd is from HALF the identified oip/zones and they are testing the other zones so this bopd could easily double, news very close I would have taught. Also second well is due to spud as son as this first well is finished flow testing so we could get news on both fronts in the same RNS. Nett back again is similar to T&T at circa $50 per barrel. On a per well basis this could kick ass in comparison to T&T so don't be surprised if PL goes spending his pot of money in this direction for a larger stake.
    T&T - Currently where all the action is happening (I hope). Excellent news recently that QUN135 found a new reservoir after being deepened, testing currently underway as of 4 weeks ago so we should be expecting news imminently. As this is a new reservoir it has the capacity to be at a substantially higher bopd than neighbouring wells, also interested see if they decide to deepen any further wells in same locality. There is a number of other wells which were work in progress for a number of weeks/months which are due an update (hopefully flowing at this stage. The other strategic marker for Trinidad is MD248 which is our first drill targeting the lower cruse formation which has seen bopd rates of 200-300bopd so this is a v important drill and has been ongoing for some time, possibly news soon? in conjunction with the completion of MD248 we were due to spud a well targeting the Herrera formation, once again virgin territory for Range so another strategic well. I am sure we will also have a revised CPR for T&T with an increase in bookable reserves once our "new" reservoir has been analysed. Finally on T&T there are new licences up for grabs and possibly further concessions on the fiscals.
    Georgia - further update on progress although we are not expecting our first spud until Q3.

Further out we still have Colombia & Puntland in the pot and both of these I believe have been completely discounted from current valuations (and rightly so), there is also the waterflood programme for T&T but I cant see that happening this year. Still loads of short term news and quite a lot of it is strategically VERY important. The one thing which I firmly believe has been a weight on the sp in recent months has been the uncertainty on cashflow, we have had a double kicker in this regard with the debt financing AND the texas funds and this has certainly helped set a new floor. Loads in the short term to kick this on albeit without the glitz and glam of a Puntland type play although I would love nothing more than to see us incease our stake in Guatemala but im slightly concerned that PL is burning a hole in his pocket right now lol

Hi Alan,

I still think it'll have legs up to 7.5p anyway, t&t news the most likely excuse for the jump!! T&T is a great asset, they just need to get it going a bit faster- i see it being a 15p asset on its own to range in the next couple of years (if they can stop issuing shares!!!)

What are you making of the madhouse over you know where? Paranoia is getting crazy, i just wanna start a thread telling them all to stop being so stupid! They literally won't entertain any sort of negative slant, PI blinkers, heads in sand, etc...

Edit: and yes plans are ALWAYS fluid and if things start look bearish my plans change accordingly. Range doesn't like sitting still for too long so something will happen one way or another in the next couple of weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭xertpo

neil.p.b wrote: »

What are you making of the madhouse over you know where? Paranoia is getting crazy, i just wanna start a thread telling them all to stop being so stupid! They literally won't entertain any sort of negative slant, PI blinkers, heads in sand, etc...

I can't even read the nonsense any more. It's something of a devoted cult at this stage. If we get 100bopd on EB1 I 'd say we're quite lucky. I have a feeling it will be non commercial, or not quite commercial enough! I'm sure if it's bad, the possibility to return to it with data from EB2 will be mentioned. Brian never misses a trick.

Xerpto despite everything that has gone on i'm still quite confident of a commercial well. Don't think he would have mentioned commercial in the RNS if he wasn't 99% sure and i don't think we'd be returning for WO3. Time will tell i guess. Got my sets sight on a 1-200 bopd which i'd be delighted with at this stage.

Yes I tend to agree, I seen your little spat and was going to post but to be honest I knew it would be futile so didn't waste my energy, when it gets like that its easier sometimes to just step away fro the keyboard. Argue with a fool and he will bring you down to his level and beat you every time! I have figured that when there is something worth discussing it can be an excellent board but when there a lull (like now) it becomes more like a playground with an awful lot of immature people.

Xertpo I genuinely would not be surprised if this went one way or the other but the signs do look good (if you can trust them). What I am comfortable with is that news is held VERY tightly so it really is hard to read between the lines and you can reassure yourself that all the background noise and assumptions are simply that, draw your own conclusions!

Neil looks like your re-acquaintance with rrl is off to a bad start, for now anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

It really is like a cult and a playground over there with lots of whooping, hollering and moneybags. The fact the Ramptastic thread is one of the most posted in really says it all. Any questioning of the CEO and his modus operandi is met with Duck allegations so although I'd like to I just can't be bothered.

Should have been more patient with my entry first time around but back in again today at 4.5, no stop atm. 4.4 was bought back up quickly

Some good folk over there, just ruined by a minority some of the time. Few hundred bopd and all will be forgotten. If not, well, it'll be an interesting board!

Production figures are out and barrels produced is lower than 1000 plus this company is doing a reversal in Trinidad , Production in some of the older wells is falling off rapid.
    The SP is heading south and will go below 4p.
    Just my opinion of course
    ;)

RNS out today HERE
    Doesn't make for inspiring reading, basically this is a bucket of $h!#

Grecco wrote: »
    Production figures are out and barrels produced is lower than 1000 plus this company is doing a reversal in Trinidad , Production in some of the older wells is falling off rapid.
    The SP is heading south and will go below 4p.
    Just my opinion of course
    ;)

RNS out today HERE
    Doesn't make for inspiring reading, basically this is a bucket of $h!#

Absolutely nothing new in todays RNS, looks like the markets are trying to drive this lower based on what is HISTORICAL information. You quite rightly say that production is tailing off on some of the earlier wells but there is quite a number of wells due to come on stream (and should be producing right now) which will get this to approx. 1,500 nothing to scream from the rooftops but we are moving forward on these shallow wells but as I mentioned previously it was in the company's interest not to report this production in 2012 due to earnout payments & revised fiscals but you could argue that operationally they may not have been ready anyway before year end.

If you look at my post this week you will see T&T right now is all about QUN135 and MD248, one of which has found a new reservoir and both are aiming for targets in the hundreds of bopd, IF these are successful expect the 6 rigs in operation to shift focus away from the shallows to this potentially more lucrative area, if they DONT we still have the shallows to keep plugging away so there is limited downside and plenty of upside on where we are right now and don't forget this is just on T&T.

a bucket of sh^% well that's what the markets want you to believe with the sp based on OLD NEWS, the truth may be somewhere in the detail.

Doesn't really matter at this stage whether they are a Gem or a bucket of $h1t
    The market believes the later so this will fall below 4p in the coming weeks, if only on the lack of any news and the general impatience of investors here

Interested to know why you think will fall below 4p, what exactly is your reasoning for this. Iv detailed my views and the reasoning behind them, whats yours other than a throw away remark?

alanceltic wrote: »
    Interested to know why you think will fall below 4p, what exactly is your reasoning for this. Iv detailed my views and the reasoning behind them, whats yours other than a throw away remark?

Range is in a very strong downtrend. For the last 52 weeks, Range has maintained to stay firmly below the 200 day moving average for 85% of the time. This Rally was been sold into until, large Sells are going through against small buys coming in from pi`s.
    Range experienced profit taking since this rally, the buying support for this stock has dwindled. it is still in a strong long term downtrend
    Technically, there is very little reason to buy on this.

So to summarize (or put it into a one liner :D ) This is a bucket of $h1t

I understand what you are saying but this is where we differ, you are basing your assumptions primarily on technical analysis whereas I am basing my analysis on core fundamentals some of which could dramatically change the outlook of the company. Investing Vs Trading!

Don't forget this stock was massively overvalued 12 months ago due to Puntland, this is the primary reason why the stock has been on a downward trend for the last 12 months and the outlook hasn't been as positive in a long time so I think you are wrong.

I think you are wrong.

I may be, it wouldn't be the first time. :D

Grecco wrote: »
    I may be, it wouldn't be the first time. :D

But not this time, the Bucket of $h1t is trading below 4p now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Man From Delmonte

Is there anybody still left in Range these days?

Shares were suspended last week.....rumours of mergers and takeovers and everything else.....

There's never a dull moment with this one at least!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭odd1

Unbelievable, 3 companies promoted to the hilt here last year and 3 Suspended if anyone is still left after the first two promotions, i sincerely hope you did due diligence.
    If you did you Wouldn't need to ask the question

Im still in here, looking forward to seeing what is in the pipeline as I a quietly optimistic. PL has a lot of flaws but he comes into his own around the negotiating table as a deal maker. The trading halt could of course be negative but theres nothing to suggest that it will be bad news as Range are in decent shape the last few months particularly on the cash front, I always figured that it would burn a hole in PLs pocket!!!!

Who are the other 2 companies you are mentioning as suspended??

Im still in here, looking forward to seeing what is in the pipeline as I a quietly optimistic. PL has a lot of flaws but he comes into his own around the negotiating table as a deal maker. The trading halt could of course be negative but theres nothing to suggest that it will be bad news as Range are in decent shape the last few months particularly on the cash front, I always figured that it would burn a hole in PLs pocket!!!!

Who are the other 2 companies you are mentioning as suspended??

Xtr usop

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭xertpo

USOP are not suspended. They're trading on the GXG exchange.

xertpo wrote: »
    USOP are not suspended. They're trading on the GXG exchange.
    all three were suspended in the last year, probably trading at all time highs since Suspentions lifted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Aussie market appears to be underwhelmed overnight by the merger and inevitable 'share issue' news - the 'new shares' bit always seems to come at the end of the news feed.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭RaggyDays

Down 15%, this is going to go down to 2.5p

odd1 wrote: »
    all three were suspended in the last year, probably trading at all time highs since Suspentions lifted

Get a grip, you haven't a clue what you are talking about!

• Advertisement

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    Aussie market appears to be underwhelmed overnight by the merger and inevitable 'share issue' news - the 'new shares' bit always seems to come at the end of the news feed.

Yep that's the PL way!!!! If there is some good to come from this deal (and I need to spend time to see whats in the detail) hopefully its PL taking a back seat.

As for the 'new shares' they were struck at a rate od 4.00c so its cash in the bank, not dilution in the truest sense as there is cash on the books from the issue, the only real dilution is the 6% fee.

Advertisement