Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

syncron.ie

Options
  • 02-11-2011 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭

Was looking for a vga to s-video adapter and came across one which i ordered via ebay. Delivered next day and had a leaflet with it for their website http://www.syncron.ie/default.asp
    Had a look and some other stuff cheap enough and quick considering next day delivery.
    Not affiliated, just happy with the service :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

matchthis wrote: »
    Was looking for a vga to s-video adapter and came across one which i ordered via ebay. Delivered next day and had a leaflet with it for their website http://www.syncron.ie/default.asp
    Had a look and some other stuff cheap enough and quick considering next day delivery.

Yea I have used him before and can recommend him.
    He's also on adverts.ie
    Handy for iPhone screens etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

iggy wrote: »
    matchthis wrote: »

Yea I have used him before and can recommend him.
    He's also on adverts.ie
    Handy for iPhone screens etc

+1 the above! Great and fast service

Got a few bits and had no problems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

+1 great service and prices!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭the culture of deference

Yea I have used him too. Very handy.

He may even allow you to pickup directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

I just ordered two cable there by paypal... after paying in Paypal I got this as I was being transferred back to syncron.ie (I've emailed them; awaiting reply. But I did get a confirmation email so I guess its fine)

Invalid input. Please press your browser's back button and re-attempt your submission.
    Please double-check that the characters you entered are normal A-Z or 0-9 alphanumeric letters or numbers. If you are using any special symbols in your submission, please remove them, and then re-submit your request.

Example of special characters would be the following: !@#$%^&*-(),+={}?:"

If you continue to experience problems, please contact customer service with the following information:
    Time of error: 11/3/2011 5:28:11 AM CST
    Field Name: form_charset
    Web Page: /OrderFinished.asp

• Advertisement

Cool "George" from syncron.ie says he is on the problem already.

Sniipe wrote: »

Just bought another item there - a spdif cable. Its like 15 euro cheaper than I would pay if I had to go to Maplin.

The error on the website still exists, but I got the last items so I'm happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Yep used him a few times and thought it very good no problem from ordering from that site.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

Also used him before, had a little problem but it got sorted in no time, very happy with the service!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Good site, but I've had a 50/50 success rate with their stuff. I got a couple of Male USB - Micro USB Male cables to keep as spares for my Desire HD and they were rubbish (both connected my phone as a USB 1.1 device and charging was very slow)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭turbodiesel

Seem to be more or less good reviews. I have ordered two wii motion plus sensors for €26 incl P&P.

Approx the same price as i can find on ebay and i'd rather give the sale to an irish shop if all things are about equal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

http://www.dealextreme.com/ is also good only thing is the delivery time

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ChriisM

How much is shipping of syncron.ie? thinking of ordering an lcd and glass for the itouch

• Registered Users Posts: 19 wonk

stevek93 wrote: »
    http://www.dealextreme.com/ is also good only thing is the delivery time

Wouldn't recommend dealextreme myself
    Took two months for them to reply to my emails and then offer me a refund at least

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭thedeal

Yeah syncron.ie grand to deal with you can pickup from their stores in Ballycoolin ind estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Highly reccommended, dealt with them and had no problems. Next day delivery from an eBay sale. Can't be faulted at all.

sdeire wrote: »
    Highly reccommended, dealt with them and had no problems. Next day delivery from an eBay sale. Can't be faulted at all.

Can you tell me what shipping was, i cant find there ebay it says username has been removed :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Here is the eBay link http://stores.ebay.ie/syncronltd

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭gomara

Someone mentioned SPDIF cables above, I've seen people charging €20-€30 for them, DEALZ in Blanchardstown have Optical SPDIF for
    €1.49 ......... and they work fine. Amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

The fact that they have a guy called Cool George is enough... I'm sold.

Even if this is not the case, this is how I choose to interpret your post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

wonk wrote: »
    Wouldn't recommend dealextreme myself
    Took two months for them to reply to my emails and then offer me a refund at least

+1 to this. I have been ordering off them for years and in the last 6 months
    they have become ridiculous. I have been waiting upwards of 2 months for
    items to be delivered. Any emails or attempts to contact them have been
    ignored.

I used to recommend them all the time but no more. I'm happy to pay an extra few
    quid for the same items on ebay and get them in a few days without the hassle.

Ordered new glass and LCD on weds night, saw i ordered the wrong thing, dealt with it over email the next day , arrived on friday morning around 10.

Super please with syncron, recomend them to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭barrybones_wx

Seems like a pretty good crew - I ordered a tiny mini, incy-bitsy, WLAN usb dongle for my netbook. Ordered monday, arrived tuesday morning. It had one of those little cds in the envelope which i couldn't use but i was able to download the driver for it no problem. only cost me €10.50 or something but definitely would shop with them again.

Rupe, you are silly.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Rupe wrote: »
    Mod snip - user only signed up to spam the same message on multiple threads

Similar experience, used them for an iPhone screen having read good reports here. They did that fine, but broke something else that was working perfectly before they touched phone. Claimed it was absolutely nothing to do with the repair and were unhelpful and rude. Bit dissapointing tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

Have also ordered from theses guys before, was afternoon when i ordered the part and it came the next day. Their Ebay page shows a 100 day guarantee so I dunno why they wouldn't replace it for you..

Saw this on their ebay page too, might be a slight misprice, or I'm sitting on a bit of a revenue stream with the few i have already: Linky

• Registered Users Posts: 22,030 ✭✭✭✭Esel

This seems to be a typo in the other direction! €10.49 for a HP Compaq laptop charger. The other equivalent chargers are priced at €110.49 (although one is €210.49 - maybe somebody has fat fingers).

Think I'll pop this into a new BA thread, seeing as the €6.49 51" 3D Plasma Samsung from vikingdirect has faded into the background. Can't see a stampede for this charger, so someone might get lucky and get it at that price.

Edit: All their chargers are €10.45 on their own site!

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Rupe, you are silly.

Great contribution there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Ush1 wrote: »
    Great contribution there.

Rupe is spamming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭keithsfleet

Rupe, you are silly.

It would appear he is going out of his way to slate them...

Advertisement