Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

neemish wrote: »

Also feel bad that i can't cope with the "let's all laugh at people with dep" thread. It's too much for me for some reason. Is that silly?
    I always thought it was an awful title for a thread but if it allows people to share etc it's all good.
    When I'm having a good day I can see how some scenarios are in some ways laughable, that said it's AH you'll get a completely different response, if that makes sense. Fair dues to Devore for starting a serious thread there considering the usual AH tone of threads, (that said I'm certainly knocking AH).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

handbagmad wrote: »
    neemish I always feel like im being trialed for a crime or something? I have to sit for at least 20mins till he or she reads through my file then ask me a load of bull**** questions and then go ask the boss weither or not to change meds?
    Its like your a f**king guinny pig

And its the same questions...they have nothing to do with the individual, but the questions that must be asked. Its the waiting that gets me, and the attitude that the almighty doctor (even if you met them five mins ago) must know better than you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭handbagmad

nesf wrote: »
    The ones who want to remain ignorant will keep on going as they were unfortunately.

true that nesf but i think the general public should at least read it before judging. Been judged all my life for being different. Some people live in a fantasy and are led by old fashioned ways of thinking

Gillo wrote: »
    I always thought it was an awful title for a thread but if it allows people to share etc it's all good.
    When I'm having a good day I can see how some scenarios are in some ways laughable, that said it's AH you'll get a completely different response, if that makes sense. Fair dues to Devore for starting a serious thread there considering the usual AH tone of threads, (that said I'm certainly knocking AH).

I think its a great thread and doing a great job, but just never feel quite up to the banter. But thats fine too, different strokes.... Maybe at some stage I'll feel up to it, but for the moment, I'm happier here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭handbagmad

neemish wrote: »
    And its the same questions...they have nothing to do with the individual, but the questions that must be asked. Its the waiting that gets me, and the attitude that the almighty doctor (even if you met them five mins ago) must know better than you!

exactly. "i see you done this back in god knows when and how do you feel about that now" i mean ffs
    the last one asked me can i watch coronation street????? i kid you not. At the end of the questions and answers left me in a room for 20mins to discuss me with some one senior. its a joke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

handbagmad wrote: »
    true that nesf but i think the general public should at least read it before judging. Been judged all my life for being different. Some people live in a fantasy and are led by old fashioned ways of thinking

Some will, and some of them will be swayed but the seriously prejudiced people? Nah, it won't affect them, they'll just carry on spouting the same crap about mentally ill people over and over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Not doing too well right now :(
    And I prefer this thread to the AH thread also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭thingamagig

Hi
    all, I'm sorry to be hi-jacking this thread a little, but I feel I have
    absolutely no one to talk to. My life is so incredibly worthless but I
    put on a brilliant facade of being a easy-going good for nothing who
    really should have nothing to worry about. Inside I'm churning with fear
    and extreme self-doubt. Like Izzy Wizzy, I 've had people constantly
    ask me what the hell a youngish one like me would have to worry about. I'm
    not bloody joking when I say my family have been the ones who have been
    least supportive, offering only criticism and judgement. I'm in a
    self-help group, so I have been working on myself, but to be honest at
    times the group feels a bit like it's the blind leading the blind.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,777 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

cloud493 wrote: »
    Not doing too well right now :(
    And I prefer this thread to the AH thread also.

Heyo, hope you've made it through the night ok..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,777 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Hi
    all, I'm sorry to be hi-jacking this thread a little, but I feel I have
    absolutely no one to talk to. My life is so incredibly worthless but I
    put on a brilliant facade of being a easy-going good for nothing who
    really should have nothing to worry about. Inside I'm churning with fear
    and extreme self-doubt. Like Izzy Wizzy, I 've had people constantly
    ask me what the hell a youngish one like me would have to worry about. I'm
    not bloody joking when I say my family have been the ones who have been
    least supportive, offering only criticism and judgement. I'm in a
    self-help group, so I have been working on myself, but to be honest at
    times the group feels a bit like it's the blind leading the blind.

You're not hi-jacking at all, welcome to our little den. ;) The facade thing rings bells with me, you know that saying 'life and soul of the party' could have been built for me.. Give me a few beers and i become the ultimate clown, and it's exhausting, but that's me so far until i figure myself out a bit more..

Have you been to a doctor or anything, by the way well done on the self help group - personally i'd run a mile..

As for family, i haven't really involved mine in this particular issue. I have felt that they may not be exactly able to deal with it, due to the usual stuff of taboo. Is that the case with you? I think i had the mindset that i didn't 'need' to tell them.. Sorry for rambling response :o

• Advertisement

Well I made it through the night. Don't know about ok though. Nothing serious though.

Well I made it through the night. Don't know about ok though. Nothing serious though.

You made it though, sometimes that's the win for the night.

Yeah I guess. How you doing?

Yeah I guess. How you doing?

Just home from nightshift so awaiting sleep or at least hoping it'll visit. Have been suffering terrible nightmares of late, bad enough that they echo in my mind for the rest of the day when i wake.. Makes things a little surreal at times.

Maybe a little sleep'll do you good :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Hersheys

Just home from nightshift so awaiting sleep or at least hoping it'll visit. Have been suffering terrible nightmares of late, bad enough that they echo in my mind for the rest of the day when i wake.. Makes things a little surreal at times.
    Thank God I ain't the only one with nightmares! They really set the tone for the day.

Hope you have a restful sleep x

O Lord, I wish I was anywhere but at work. Do I have to, really????
    Just feel so anxious and lousy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Hersheys wrote: »
    Thank God I ain't the only one with nightmares! They really set the tone for the day.

Hope you have a restful sleep x

Yup, get those nightmares too. Although mine are more cos I want what I dream about but can't get it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,062 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I recently met a girl and I've a feeling we could end up in a relationship.

I'm excited as I haven't been in a relationship for three and a half years and, in that time, I've had a lot problems.

I'm fairly anxious about some things, though. I have some recent scars on my arm and they are fairly noticeable. I think this could be brought up and will lead to an early discussion about my problems. I just feel like it could be too early to bring it up and I'm also afraid that it may scare her away.

Any ideas or advice on how to go about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I'm excited as I haven't been in a relationship for three and a half years and, in that time, I've had a lot problems.

I'm fairly anxious about some things, though. I have some recent scars on my arm and they are fairly noticeable. I think this could be brought up and will lead to an early discussion about my problems. I just feel like it could be too early to bring it up and I'm also afraid that it may scare her away.

Take it slow,don't rush into anything with her,may sure you are right for each other,nothing worse than breaking up :( as I well know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I have scars (they have faded a bit) but if I was in your situation I'd probably keep them hidden as long as possible just as you get to know someone even a little bit more than you know them now.

I have scars (they have faded a bit) but if I was in your situation I'd probably keep them hidden as long as possible just as you get to know someone even a little bit more than you know them now.
    We've already slept together and my older scars have faded so she didn't notice them.

These ones happened in the meantime. It's still about two weeks until I see her again as she studies in a different city but these scars have been there about a week and haven't healed very quickly. I just have a plaster over them and change it every few days. I can't see them improving that much in the meantime.

It's really working me up now. I just realised that I'm getting more anxious as the day goes on. My hands won't stop shaking. I can't quite place why this has come on all of a sudden.

That's a little difficult, however can you feign a non-specific injury requiring a support? I've done it myself, albeit not proudly. You'll know within a few more weeks when to tell her, oh and as an aside, don't tell her in the bedroom, learned the hard way that although you may be feelin close there, it's just not the place. (Yeah i know, idiot, but sure learn from me..)

Can a mod clarify if I can go into specifics about these scars? It seems like it could be a bit iffy.

If I have a plaster over them, it's fine. I just can't think of any plausible excuse to explain them, especially if they were to be seen as they have a distinctive form which, I'm pretty sure, can only come from a certain way of causing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

What a weird day *shivers*

HalloweenJack, pm sent..

Weird day how?

Kaching wrote: »
    What a weird day *shivers*

tell us more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭thingamagig

Thanks so much Gremlinertia. Ya, I have consulted a G.P. in the past and I have had a good bit of counselling too. My family? I only mentioned it because it would be very hard for them not to pick up that something was wrong. My life stalled, I've underachieved and I was like the walking wounded for a while!I'm in no way close to them, so it wasn't a case of me confiding in them. But if you are close to your family, Gremlinertia, or trust them a good bit, you might be surprised by how they react. It's awesome to have someone to talk to. The group really has given me a listeing ear in the past.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

lets just say I know where the phrase "he was so scared he sh@t himself" came from

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement