Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Remember lads, unlimited luvs on bebo tomorrow for valentines day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Colm. If you've got girl problems I feel bad for you son :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Kenbob

Methememb wrote: »

I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

I've given up boys for Lent. Highly recommend it. Yizzer all a waste of time :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Today is forever alone day, tomorrow....... CHEAP CANDY DAY! Way hey :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

I got 99 problems.
    A "bitch" ain't one.

So... I'm famous on the internet. This is something that happened. Like, a good proportion of Leaving Certs in this country know who I am because I make stuff on the internet that takes the piss out of their courses. So people follow me on Twitter. And some of the people who followed me on Twitter would post to my Askfm page out of curiosity. And one of the people who did that had a LOT more curiosity than others.
    This girl was curious. I added her on Facebook, we talked, a lot, we both lost a lot of sleep, I was coming off of four hour Skype calls at 5:30am and it was turning us both into insomniacs. We thought we were the best things to happen to each other, in a way, that we'd finally found someone who understands us, who's interesting, intelligent, kind, caring and still up for the banter. So Dublin seemed a natural progression. We thought we were ready for all of this even if it was going to be the weirdest thing we'd ever do... because we genuinely felt that we were in love with each other. Mental.
    So I get to Dublin after travelling for four and a half hours and I'm standing under the Spire waiting for a bit and she appears and oh it's incredibly ****ing awkward. I mean severe. We were both just trying to get over how weird it was that we ended up actually doing this and kind of regretting it. See, she and I are very, very awkward people at the core. You mightn't believe it for me, but I'm an absolute mess when it comes to getting close to people like that. I've messed up before but I genuinely thought yesterday would have been different.
    And we're there sitting in a Starbucks trying to figure out a way to just ****ing get over ourselves a bit. She decides to bring me back to her sister's place and we chill for a bit. But I'm there sitting on a bed and she's sitting in a chair opposite me. It took a while for her to just get up, lie next to me and let some kind of moment develop and while that was lovely and all of that it never really went anywhere. We were comfortable where we were, but I didn't know how to develop it. And neither did she. So we just lay there. And by the time we'd even made it as far as shifting or anything, her phone starts ringing, her sister's coming home and realising that her sister walking in to me just lying in this bed with a girl holding hands would make her out to look like she'd done a lot worse, quickly got up and left.
    And although we've promised to keep something alive with our distance and I'll see her again on Paddy's Day (because I'm in Dublin anyway, I got a gig to go to) and that we'll try again to find what's missing between us (because there's really something there), I'm just disappointed that I'm such an awkward mess at times. Maybe it'd be different if she wasn't too. But we both need to get over ourselves a bit, and with the distance that means it's going to be hard to make our times together worthwhile. I mean, when we were apart we thought we could have been anything but in the same place we just ended up opening up our insecurities to each other.

Yesterday had some incredibly lovely moments all the same.

tl;dr: not entirely positive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

It could have gone a hell of a lot worse.

Fair play for going to Dublin to see her, and then not legging it as soon as you realised it was going to be akward.

You genuinely seem like a nice guy. It will work out for you eventually.

And now for a similar but entirely different topic,
    Happy forever alone day! What's everybody's plans?

I am sick in bed coughing and sniffling with my applied maths papers for company. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Happy Valentines day LCers: http://www.boards.ie/love.php

Dad bought me a bunch of roses and a box of chocolates....seriously. I think he's lost his mind completely.

Colm, unfortunately that can happen when you meet them online. The expectations get built up despite trying to stop them. Still, she clearly likes you and it definitely won't be so awkward next time :) Fair play.

-

I'm going to a Café with a friend whose boyfriend is a fücking idiot. Beats staying inside anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

Happy Valentines day LCers: http://www.boards.ie/love.php

Dad bought me a bunch of roses and a box of chocolates....seriously. I think he's lost his mind completely.

Mine sent me a card in the post because "no one else seems to want you". Great confidence booster! :L

• Advertisement

Glee_GG wrote: »
    Mine sent me a card in the post because "no one else seems to want you". Great confidence booster! :L

Ouch! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Glee_GG wrote: »

Mine was practically the same except he didn't even use a card. He managed to say that much through roses and chocolate. It was the hint hint nudge nudge that I haven't left the house in days and need to get out more.

Almost half of the chocolates have almond in them. I don't like almond. He bought the exact same box for mam, obviously must have been 2 for the price of 1 in the shop last night. It explains why he was gone for 45 minutes when he'd only gone for some strawberries and to the post box.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

Ouch! :eek:

It was actually a fairly decent card and he made me a cuppa so it's all good!

Mine was practically the same except he didn't even use a card. He managed to say that much through roses and chocolate. It was the hint hint nudge nudge that I haven't left the house in days and need to get out more.

Almost half of the chocolates have almond in them. I don't like almond. He bought the exact same box for mam, obviously must have been 2 for the price of 1 in the shop last night. It explains why he was gone for 45 minutes when he'd only gone for some strawberries and to the post box.

The man sounds like a pro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

My God this man sounds amazing!

Hi I need a bit of advice. My LCVP interview was scheduled for Wedensday but something awful happened today, does anyone know if I'd be able to reschedule it for another few weeks or is that a school thing and not a state one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Hi I need a bit of advice. My LCVP interview was scheduled for Wedensday but something awful happened today, does anyone know if I'd be able to reschedule it for another few weeks or is that a school thing and not a state one?

I am sorry for whatever happened man.
    I would say it is a state thing but the school will have some flexibility usually so by all means try to postpone the interview with the school. Certainly they should be able to postpone it at least by a few days.

I am sorry for whatever happened man.
    I would say it is a state thing but the school will have some flexibility usually so by all means try to postpone the interview with the school. Certainly they should be able to postpone it at least by a few days.
    Thank you

Is there a polite way to tell parents to shut the fück up?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Kenbob

No *Slams door and huffs*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Depends, if you're studying I find "DO YOU WANT ME TO FAIL!?!?!" tends to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭YoursSincerely

My favourtite is " if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all!" followed by a door slam :D

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

decisions wrote: »
    Depends, if you're studying I find "DO YOU WANT ME TO FAIL!?!?!" tends to work.
    I tend to use this excuse a lot even when I'm not studying! :P Always works!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

On the topic of parents do anyone else's parents keep telling them to do less study and "take a break"? I get that constantly, now I suppose they just see me locked away in my room for hours upon hours of the day, but most of that is spent arsing around on the internet and the like! TBH I feel like I should be doing waaaayy more!

The thing that annoys me the most is when I have to stay up late because I've an exam or whatever, and they come in and they're like "ohh you should go to bed, you'll be fresher in the morning!" It drives me up the wall I just respond by saying "Well it's great to be fresh in the morning and not know a thing!" I'm always tempted to stay up another hour whenever they say that to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

Mine are always telling me take breaks etc when I'm practically doing nothing. I could literally do a half an hours study and they think that's loads. I need encouragement not disencouragement :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Anyone looking to buy a PS3 or TV no? :P

Badly need some money...

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

ConorCBS wrote: »
    Anyone looking to buy a PS3 or TV no? :P

Badly need some money...

My PS3 just got the 'yellow/orange light of death' yesterday :(
    Tá mé go mór trí chéile but I need the money also. I'll be on a job hunt starting Monday! :P No jobs in my town though :mad:

Priorities lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

On the topic of parents do anyone else's parents keep telling them to do less study and "take a break"? I get that constantly, now I suppose they just see me locked away in my room for hours upon hours of the day, but most of that is spent arsing around on the internet and the like! TBH I feel like I should be doing waaaayy more!

This resonates within my soul! My parents think I spend 95% of my free time studying and are always like 'take it easy gurl', little do they know that they're the parents of the best procrastinator in the world. It actually makes me feel guilty. :/

• Advertisement

My parents (mainly mam) are the opposite :( I could spend 5 hours in my room and that'd be grand. But they make these retarded not-so-subtle "jokes" of how I'm not working hard enough. Infuriating.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement