Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Avengers (2012) *spoilers from post 1181*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,096 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I was in HMV today and they had the menu for this on loop. That theme was extremely annoying for the five minutes or less I was in there. I pity the employees who were there all day...

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    Yeah the extras on the BD are terrible. I think the US release has so much more in that regard. Does the Steelbook from HMV have an extra's disc?

Nope HMV extras are exactly the same

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

If the extras are lacking for the home release, I think it's fair to say that the studio are holding stuff back for a 'Special Edition' - let's face it, they will milk this franchise for all its worth & I think it'll be quite foolish for people to form out their money at this stage, you'd be better off waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

Watched it really thought it was a great fun movie, extras leave a lot to be desired but still great entertainment, wish I got to see it in the cinema but blu ray will do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

I imagine that the special features will be on the release with 30 minutes extra footage

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Got the DVD there on the weekend. I have to say, it was a lot more impressive the first time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    Yeah the extras on the BD are terrible. I think the US release has so much more in that regard. Does the Steelbook from HMV have an extra's disc?

The Yanks get Whedon's commentary - which is great by all accounts (one of these rare tracks are worth listening too) and a digital download of the soundtrack (not the score) - other features are exactly the same.

Does anyone know if the iTunes version is cut like the BluRay and DVD?

I assume it is, but just double checking.

The Yanks get Whedon's commentary - which is great by all accounts (one of these rare tracks are worth listening too) and a digital download of the soundtrack (not the score) - other features are exactly the same.

Does anyone know if the iTunes version is cut like the BluRay and DVD?

I assume it is, but just double checking.

Yep exactly the same extras as the bluray

Yep exactly the same extras as the bluray

Thanks, what the hell.

And the movie itself - is it edited like in the UK, with the spear tip cut out when Loki stab Coulson?

Thanks, what the hell.

And the movie itself - is it edited like in the UK, with the spear tip cut out when Loki stab Coulson?

I actually didn't remember to look but I assume it is. I'll have to take a look later:P

• Advertisement

I actually didn't remember to look but I assume it is. I'll have to take a look later:P

Sound - thanks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Are they releasing a special edition for the christmas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Watched it for only the 2nd time and I have to admit, I enjoyed the hell out of it.

I was in a pissy mood when I saw it initially and I always suspected that this may have effected my initial judgements. :pac:

So yeah, it certainly beats TASM for me. I'm watching TDKR tomorrow so I'll report back on whether TA jumps to the top of the list. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I'd say Avengers win but it would have to be a toss up between the TDKR and TASM for second.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Right, I give up. What does TASM stand for?

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭blockedPaT

humanji wrote: »

The Amazing Spider-Man?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

http://bit.ly/VrwflB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

1. No need to be smart
    2. That would have been more effective if you didnt screw up the link

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Meesared wrote: »
    1. No need to be smart
    2. That would have been more effective if you didnt screw up the link
    And ironically, it'd easier just to answer the question.

And ironically, it'd easier just to answer the question.
    Pretty much, really bugs me that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

The Amazing Spider-Man... or TAS-M ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Are the Spiderman rights with another company? Or can we expect to see him squeezed into the Avengers sequel?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,146 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Are the Spiderman rights with another company? Or can we expect to see him squeezed into the Avengers sequel?

They're with Sony, which is why the reboot happened. Otherwise they would have gone back to Marvel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Mickeroo wrote: »
    They're with Sony, which is why the reboot happened. Otherwise they would have gone back to Marvel.

I think Marvel could do a reasonable adaptation of Spider-man were they to get the rights back; he wouldn't fit in too well with The Avengers but it *could* work.... However, I really hope Sony reboot Fantastic Four soon so there's no hope of that shit team of shits being reverted back to Marvel and squeezed into The Avengers' film universe...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I think Marvel could do a reasonable adaptation of Spider-man were they to get the rights back; he wouldn't fit in too well with The Avengers but it *could* work.... However, I really hope Sony reboot Fantastic Four soon so there's no hope of that shit team of shits being reverted back to Marvel and squeezed into The Avengers' film universe...

I've generally been unimpressed by the Spider-man films I've seen (couldn't be arsed with the reboot but thought the Raimi ones were crap). TBH the biggest problem anyone will have making a Fantastic Four film is that Pixar have already done a great job with The Incredibles.

Regarding The Avengers, has there been any news of a dvd release that includes the extra material the US release got? If I'm going to pick it up, I want the extras - I dont think that the film itself was particularly worth picking up as a no-frills version.

Fox owns Fantastic Four, and apparently the reboot for that will share continuity with X Men Tales of future past which sounds interesting!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,146 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Apparently Marvel tried to get the rights for Galactus and Silver Surfer off Fox in exchange for letting them keep Daredevil. Would have made sense for Marvel what with the direction Avengers is going in, I dont think Fox accepted though.

On the plus side Daredevil is back at Marvel now, although I did like the sound of what Joe Carnahan wanted to do with the character at Fox (70's style/set thriller basically).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Fysh wrote: »
    I've generally been unimpressed by the Spider-man films I've seen (couldn't be arsed with the reboot but thought the Raimi ones were crap). TBH the biggest problem anyone will have making a Fantastic Four film is that Pixar have already done a great job with The Incredibles.

Agreed; there's no way a better job could be done than The Incredibles for the family superhero format.
    Apparently Marvel tried to get the rights for Galactus and Silver Surfer off Fox in exchange for letting them keep Daredevil. Would have made sense for Marvel what with the direction Avengers is going in, I dont think Fox accepted though.

On the plus side Daredevil is back at Marvel now, although I did like the sound of what Joe Carnahan wanted to do with the character at Fox (70's style/set thriller basically).

I would be cautiously optimistic about Daredevil appearing in TA continuity... Very cautiously....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Part of me is hoping that they'll decide to get him to make it with them. It sounded great

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I'd question the wisdom of Fox making a shared universe based in the 60s/70s.

Advertisement