Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

SOMETHING FOR YOU STEAM HEADS

Gamestop are doing 30% extra on all trade ins if it goes towards your steam wallet

got an email dismorning
    dont know how long it will last doesnt say but id say until friday the latest :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

saiint wrote: »
    SOMETHING FOR YOU STEAM HEADS

Gamestop are doing 30% extra on all trade ins if it goes towards your steam wallet

got an email dismorning
    dont know how long it will last doesnt say but id say until friday the latest :P

That's odd. Why would Gamestop (actively) send customers into the arms of their competition? :confused:

Fnz wrote: »
    That's odd. Why would Gamestop (actively) send customers into the arms of their competition? :confused:

have no idea :L its to buy steamcards in their shops
    il take a screen shot later when im out of work:cool:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

yeah... but how can I trade in my steam games? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

WWE 13 €22.99 in Argos.

Currently out of stock nationwide for 360, but some in stock for PS3. Use checkargos.com if you're in no rush to get it because I can see it coming and going in both formats.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

yeah... but how can I trade in my steam games? :(
    They mean trade in normal games for pc, PS3 etc, obviously steam games can't be traded :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,125 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Episode one of The Walking Dead is free on iOS today. Probably work out cheaper to get the whole series from the Steam sale than from the AppStore, but some may prefer to play it on iOS instead.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Fnz wrote: »

that would surely imply gamestop gave a ****a bout pc games

not that they have any reason to given how many pc gamers refuse to buy anything until it's 50% off on steam

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

One of Gamestop's flagship stores (St Stephen's Green) still sells boxed copies of Tabula Rasa on PC. PC games are just below Atari 2600 in their lost of priorities.

• Advertisement

not that they have any reason to given how many pc gamers refuse to buy anything until it's 50% off on steam

thats true
    pc gamers are stingy feckers :pac: but infairness
    the amount they spend on hardware and software and having to update it every few years , they deserve the half price games

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

Gamestop have a bunch of Collectors edition games reduced till tomorrow night. Picked up The Gears of War 3: Epic edition with the Marcus statue for 43euro delivered but there are loads of other games available too.

Linky

• Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

One of Gamestop's flagship stores (St Stephen's Green) still sells boxed copies of Tabula Rasa on PC. PC games are just below Atari 2600 in their lost of priorities.

is that still there!? :eek:
    oh man! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Well, Gamestop did purchase one of Steam's digital distribution competitors (Stardock's 'Impulse' platform) last year.

I imagine they wish to leave no pie 'unfingered'. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

RAGE is 4.99 over on gamersgate. Steam activated

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-RAGE/rage

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Asmodean wrote: »

Unless you've got a serious internet connection I wouldn't bother your arse. It's about 25GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

Gbear wrote: »

Unless you've got a serious internet connection I wouldn't bother your arse. It's about 25GB.

It's still well worth 5 quid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Stronghold franchise 75% off on Steam. Anyuone know if it's any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

MagicSean wrote: »
    Stronghold franchise 75% off on Steam. Anyuone know if it's any good?

They are great except for the last one. I only played it at launch and never went at it again as it was so riddled with bugs and shortcuts of making a game.

Unless they fixed it, stay well clear.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

Limericks wrote: »
    They are great except for the last one. I only played it at launch and never went at it again as it was so riddled with bugs and shortcuts of making a game.

Unless they fixed it, stay well clear.

I'd have to disagree completely :P

Awful awful awful games. All of them.

Download a demo or something before you buy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

KonFusion wrote: »
    I'd have to disagree completely :P

Awful awful awful games. All of them.

Download a demo or something before you buy.

Stronghold: Crusader was good the others started to push you into smaller maps and areas.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Gbear wrote: »
    Asmodean wrote: »

Looks like a great game! I still have far too many to play though. still on fallout!

25gb might take you a while but sure just leave it running. ntl ftw though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Dead Island XBox €12.80

bought from amazon so youll need to get more stuff in order to get free delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Skerries wrote: »
    Dead Island XBox €12.80

bought from amazon so youll need to get more stuff in order to get free delivery

Argos have it at the same price (12.99) for both Xbox and PS3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Here's my latest round up of game deals. Some nice nostalgic deals on offer from GOG.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-oCwGFHvq4

Thursday and Friday

Darksiders 1 and 2, plus all DS2 DLC for €10

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00APOVDDY

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭shawki

Sony PS3 pulse wireless headphones €60 in HMV €160 in Gamestop

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Petey89

halo 4 in argos 35 euro, 60 euro in gamestop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

ShaneU wrote: »

It was 35/36 earlier in the week. It's 37.99 in HMV which I think is the cheapest now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement