Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eamon Kelly shot dead

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Aciiiiiiiiiiid

"Furry Park Road"

Chortle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

"Furry Park Road"

Chortle.
    Near Bushy Park?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 735 ✭✭✭joydivision

So I take it when they say he was in the Ira he was actually a bank robber that paid protection to the ira .?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

vicwatson wrote: »

Furry Park Road = Killester
    According to AnPost, Furry Park Road is Raheny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Knockout_91

Killester and Clontarf are in two completely different leagues.

It's like saying Swords and Malahide are the same area. As if.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

realies wrote: »
    I will get on to RTE straight away :) Does it really matter ?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Posy wrote: »

An Post are wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Spiritual wrote: »

What made him gain the title of Ireland's most notorious criminal?
    He was a pioneer of drug smuggling, introduced tiger kidnapping, and inspirational gang boss/organisor, so he would be one of the most notorious as he was big player in getting the whole thing going!

Jogathon wrote: »
    Two gardai chased the car, caught one and the other guy got away without burning out the car. I think that's very brave, two unarmed guards chasing down armed cold-blooded murderers.
    They arrested a guy burning out the car too

So I take it when they say he was in the Ira he was actually a bank robber that paid protection to the ira .?
    He was inventive when it came to obtaining money, the IRA hired him for fundraising. Kidnapping, banks etc.

• Advertisement

gurramok wrote: »

I'd have thought that Fat Freddie was among the worst. Alleged involvement in about a dozen murders in that ongoing feud. Ya know, point being there are more notorious drug lords out there who have never been caught red handed for murders(yet).
    Yeah but Kelly was there long before and made it all possible for the younger guys...same way the Beatles paved the way in music

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

tang1 wrote: »
    Brother of the carpet man.

And uncle of the tile man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Posy wrote: »

According to An Post Dublin is in Kazakhstan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

not yet wrote: »

And uncle of the tile man

What tile guy

pjproby wrote: »
    well its interesting all the same the evolution of various ira members going on to join criminal gangs. wolfe tone presumably spinning in his grave or on a permanent spin.
    they all get so far from republican principles that human life is irrelevant.
    Other way round..he was hired by the IRA for being a kidnapper

That's the Love/Hate script sorted for another season!
    I thought git was loosely based on him (he wasn't a rapist...that was another guy)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Hootanany wrote: »
    What tile guy

Paddy the plaster's mate ffs. keep up would ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭WhatNowForUs?

Right here. I hung around with his son, and his daughter. Both deceased. Met himself once or twice and he was always gruff, so i've nothing to say about him either way.
    Did the son and daughter go the same way?

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭repsol

They tried to shoot this guy at his house before and the gun jammed.I think he should have move somewhere else at that point because if you give these guys enough chances,they will get lucky eventually.That area is Killester,don't care what An Post says.

repsol wrote: »
    They tried to shoot this guy at his house before and the gun jammed.I think he should have move somewhere else at that point because if you give these guys enough chances,they will get lucky eventually.That area is Killester,don't care what An Post says.

Why can't the hoods take better care of thier guns - this seems to happen more often than the old SA-80.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭josealdo

Jogathon wrote: »
    Two gardai chased the car, caught one and the other guy got away without burning out the car. I think that's very brave, two unarmed guards chasing down armed cold-blooded murderers.

ooh aah up the guards , ooh ahh up the guards

Why can't the hoods take better care of thier guns - this seems to happen more often than the old SA-80.

They want flashy looking automatics because they watch too much TV.A revolver won't let you down by jamming.So what if they are not very "fashionable":D

They want flashy looking automatics because they watch too much TV.A revolver won't let you down by jamming.So what if they are not very "fashionable":D

+1 Simplicity is key! I presume much of this work is done at point blank so who the hell needs 13 rounds in an automatic hand gun FFS.

EDIT And a car! Jesus I thought it was a bike all the way for this stuff.

+1 Simplicity is key! I presume much of this work is done at point blank so who the hell needs 13 rounds in an automatic hand gun FFS.

EDIT And a car! Jesus I thought it was a bike all the way for this stuff.

Should have been clean away because that area,if you are familiar with it is like a rabbit warren.There are loads of routes out.The Gardai were either very quick or very lucky to catch anyone.(I suspect the latter)

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭joegriffinjnr

Shooting happened in Killester. Car was stopped and suspects arrested in Clontarf. What time does that muppett be on fm104 at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Anyone else asking themselves just quiet how thick these 'crimebosses' really are when they go wandering around the place even though they know full well that they are targets and in this guys case there was a previous attempt to kill him in the exact same spot two years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭GTDolanator

Shooting happened in Killester. Car was stopped and suspects arrested in Clontarf. What time does that muppett be on fm104 at?

9 bells....should be interesting

9 bells....should be interesting

Ahh nike one nd all.

Should have been clean away because that area,if you are familiar with it is like a rabbit warren.There are loads of routes out.The Gardai were either very quick or very lucky to catch anyone.(I suspect the latter)
    Sounds like the cops were expecting it

• Advertisement

Was it armed guards that got them or just the normal lads?

Advertisement