Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eamon Kelly shot dead

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Glebee

These guys are watching to much love/hate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

irishgeo wrote: »
    The biggest shock is the Gardai actually caught someone for it.

Fair play to them too.. Apparently an armed patrol more than likely ERU, congrats to them. Another head banger off the streets for a few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Eamonn kelly is an ex official IRA man who was sent to prison years ago for a vicious assault, In the 80,s he was sentenced to another long stretch for cocaine smuggling,one of the first to try and import here.He is also the brother of des kelly of the carpets factories.There was also an attempt to kill him earlier this year and also he is great friends with dessie o hare .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,072 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

I believe Eamon Kelly was caught in the 90's by a gardai sting operation when he was smuggling in cocaine, he got a hefty sentance for it too if i recall correctly. Tony Felloni might be the one you're thinking of.
    I'm certain it was Larry Dunne. Anyone old enough to remember 80s Dublin will remember the notorious Dunnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I thought it was your man from This Morning on UTV :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

ah god i used to love him in father Ted. why would anyone shoot him.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

"Seedy underbelly of society" TV3 documentary begins production in 3..........2..............1.......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 735 ✭✭✭joydivision

R.I.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I just heard on the radio there he was still alive lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

I just heard on the radio there he was still alive lol

RTE are reporting that his condition is unknown, doesn't mention anything about him being dead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Mr Jinx

Caveman1 wrote: »
    RTE are reporting that his condition is unknown, doesn't mention anything about him being dead.

TV3 reported him dead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

RTE have now said he's dead.

Another one bites the dust

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

eople willing to murder others in broad daylight on busy streets.

Where do these newspapers get their reporters?

The article repeats three times that these murders took place "in broad daylight" and yet the intrepid hack doesn't once mention the time of day the attack took place.

Honestly, he cant mention the time but is obsessed with "broad daylight". Wtf is broad daylight anyway? Would it have been less shocking if he'd been murdered in the dead of night?

Edit; It turns out the "reporter" is the "security editor", I guess that explains why he doesn't wear a watch. ???

*grumble*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Spiritual

On the radio they said he was alive, taken to Beaumount.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Executions, rabbits in the Liffey, riots over a piece of cloth... where will it all end?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Killester and Clontarf are not the same place. They don't even share the same post code.

Bad news can't happen in Clontarf :rolleyes:

old hippy wrote: »
    Executions, rabbits in the Liffey, riots over a piece of cloth... where will it all end?

Don't worry old hippy tomorrow we have budget day :)

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/1204/man-injured-in-dublin-shooting.html

A 65-year-old convicted drug dealer has been shot dead in Dublin.
    The man was shot several times on Furry Park Road in Clontarf shortly after 4pm.
    He was taken to Beaumont Hospital, where he was later pronounced dead.
    He served a lengthy sentence in the 1990s for the possession of a large quantity of cocaine.
    Gardaí arrived at the scene shortly after the shooting and chased a car with two men inside.
    The car was later abandoned on the Stiles Road in Clontarf and one man, aged in his 30s, was arrested. He is being held at Clontarf Garda Station.
    The two scenes have been sealed off.
    The dead man is suspected of being involved in the killing of Alan Ryan, 32, on Grange Lodge Avenue in Clongriffin in September.
    Ryan, who was from Grange Abbey Drive in Donaghmede, had served jail terms for IRA activities and gun possession.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

smash wrote: »
    Ireland's most notorious criminal.... never heard of him myself.

Wait until the film. Then you'll hear about how everyone knew him.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

realies wrote: »
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/1204/man-injured-in-dublin-shooting.html

A 65-year-old convicted drug dealer has been shot dead in Dublin.
    The man was shot several times on Furry Park Road in Clontarf shortly after 4pm.
    He was taken to Beaumont Hospital, where he was later pronounced dead.
    He served a lengthy sentence in the 1990s for the possession of a large quantity of cocaine.
    Gardaí arrived at the scene shortly after the shooting and chased a car with two men inside.
    The car was later abandoned on the Stiles Road in Clontarf and one man, aged in his 30s, was arrested. He is being held at Clontarf Garda Station.
    The two scenes have been sealed off.
    The dead man is suspected of being involved in the killing of Alan Ryan, 32, on Grange Lodge Avenue in Clongriffin in September.
    Ryan, who was from Grange Abbey Drive in Donaghmede, had served jail terms for IRA activities and gun possession.

Furry Park Road = Killester

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

I'm looking forward to the people who were outraged by those who labelled Alan Ryan a scumbag coming to the defence of this scumbag murdered by the other scumbag's gang.

*waits*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

RIP Eamon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Another one bites the dust etc, one less criminal on the streets.

We should have two types of statistics: gang/criminal scum murdered, innocents murdered.

I'll pay attention to the latter.

vicwatson wrote: »
    Furry Park Road = Killester

I will get on to RTE straight away :) Does it really matter ?

I'm looking forward to the people who were outraged by those who labelled Alan Ryan a scumbag coming to the defence of this scumbag murdered by the other scumbag's gang.

*waits*

Thats quite few scumbags there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Spiritual

I will get on to RTE straight away :) Does it really matter ?

What made him gain the title of Ireland's most notorious criminal?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

msg11 wrote: »
    Fair play to them too.. Apparently an armed patrol more than likely ERU, congrats to them. Another head banger off the streets for a few years.

They probably caught him because the peelers tend to have armed units shadowing these guys like bodyguards, just so they don't get whacked.

Maybe today is a cost saving in that regard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Thats quite few scumbags there.
    Not accidentally either.

I have to say I'm stunned - stunned - that those guys aren't on here telling us how upset that guy's family and friends must be, and how we shouldn't believe what the police say about him, and how he's a hero in his community, and various other horsesh!t.

Where are you guys??

Spiritual wrote: »
    What made him gain the title of Ireland's most notorious criminal?

Don't really know, maybe that he has survived this long, as by reports he was up at very top of organised crime gangs in the city/country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭flas

smash wrote: »
    Very good at being a scumbag?

Thats what i ment,yes.

Advertisement