Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wii U Pre-Launch Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 METROID

I had a ZombiU bundle preordered in HMV Grafton Street. I'll never deal with them again. Absolute @$$holes, Rang Thursday to make sure everything was alright, gave my details and again rang yesterday before I went in to make sure it was still there. Said they couldn't find my preorder, would ring me back, never did. Ring them back, told rudely he's downstairs and he'll ring when he's ready. So I wait and no call. I ring them back, half hour later, ask for the assistant I was dealing with, told ...eh...eh he's busy with a delivery, ya right. Another assistant, a girl this time, she goes off to check, says nobody ever spoke to me on Thursday, no preorder, they're all gone, very sorry and all sorts of excuses. Best she can do is take my details again and there would be another delivery on 15th December. They couldn't even remember a conversation the day before, their service was terrible, hardly going to preorder with them again now am I?

Spent all day afterwards ringing everywhere to try and get a bundle, it was impossible. Luckily I found 1 in Harvey Normans last night but it was the NintendoLand bundle. I hate HMV. Ye'll never get a penny from me again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

METROID wrote: »
    I had a ZombiU bundle preordered in HMV Grafton Street. I'll never deal with them again. Absolute @$$holes, Rang Thursday to make sure everything was alright, gave my details and again rang yesterday before I went in to make sure it was still there. Said they couldn't find my preorder, would ring me back, never did. Ring them back, told rudely he's downstairs and he'll ring when he's ready. So I wait and no call. I ring them back, half hour later, ask for the assistant I was dealing with, told ...eh...eh he's busy with a delivery, ya right. Another assistant, a girl this time, she goes off to check, says nobody ever spoke to me on Thursday, no preorder, they're all gone, very sorry and all sorts of excuses. Best she can do is take my details again and there would be another delivery on 15th December. They couldn't even remember a conversation the day before, their service was terrible, hardly going to preorder with them again now am I?

Spent all day afterwards ringing everywhere to try and get a bundle, it was impossible. Luckily I found 1 in Harvey Normans last night but it was the NintendoLand bundle. I hate HMV. Ye'll never get a penny from me again.
    jesus that's terrible.. I would email hmv uk or go to highest point of management you can and absolutely shout the odds at them.

Facebook page for hmv is also a good spot to rant they really won't like that.

GameStop will be getting all my preorders now judging that u couldn't trust hmv

• Registered Users Posts: 15 hankarlo

METROID wrote: »

Which Harvey Norman store did you buy yours?
    I put a deposit on Nintendoland bundle in HMV Blanch yesterday, but would love to pick it up asap. Dont really want to wait & possibly be let down.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,340 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Are there difficulties with the pre-orders? That's a shame.

I always find it better to get them directly and get the best value.

Smyths is 315.99 euro with just the console, more if you include the zombie u with nintendoland game 379.99 euro I think.

Argos have for €339.99 only console, €379.99 with nintendoland, €459.99 with the zombie u game. Why such a difference in game prices can't understand it.

Even if you compare the Just Dance 4 the price differences are huge between the wii and the wii u game why is that?

Am I missing something?

So how are those that have there's finding the wii u? Zombie u looks cool! Is there much of a difference between the wii and the wii u? Is it all that its cracked up to be be and believe the hype???

I hope there are no software/hacking issues as so I read recently I hope that just a rumour!

Will wait a few months it on the market and when more games are available to get one!

complain all you like go look at hdwow facebook took all the money no stock no email to let you know no refund for 7 days.

amazon only can be trusted

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭Leopardi

I have a ZombiU Premium Pack on order along with Mario. They should arrive on Monday or Tuesday. I am undecided about keeping them so I may yet return them for a refund, but if anyone here would like to buy them from me, please let me know. Given that I could receive a full refund, I will not be offering any discount.

As already mentioned, I may not decide to sell, but I am interested in hearing from potential takers.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 hankarlo

I got a call from HMV Blanch this afternoon saying my preorder was in stock, I think I must of been lucky and got a preorder cancellation. Just back from picking it up, I paid €370 for Nintendoland bundle, got an extra €5 off it as HMV giving out vouchers at the door.
    Also I spoke with a guy in Harvey Normans in Blanch this afternoon & they have the Nintendoland consoles in stock aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

I got a call from HMV earlier asking me if I was still interested in collecting the WiiU they were holding for me, which really surprised me as I collected mine yesterday morning. They must have put 2 away for me so if anyone is looking for a ZombiU edition in Limerick there may be 1 available in Cruises Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

How much would it be for a Wii U basic with Mario U & Zombie U? Would I be better off getting the pro with Nintendoland? I'll be hooking an external hard-drive up to it so storage isn't an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

• Advertisement

ussjtrunks wrote: »

no only ****ty plastic one hmv looking for 15 each lol

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭DK224

I paid 396 for the Premium console with Nintendoland and a copy of Mario U. Can't speak highly enough of HMV Galways service and they're definitely gonna be my goto place for games in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

ussjtrunks wrote: »

HMV have silicone cases for €11.99.
    DK224 wrote: »
    I paid 396 for the Premium console with Nintendoland and a copy of Mario U. Can't speak highly enough of HMV Galways service and they're definitely gonna be my goto place for games in the future

That's a very good price. I can't speak highly enough of HMV Galway, they're my go-to place for games and consoles, always very friendly and accommodating (e.g. offering to system transfer my 3ds and calling when it was ready), the staff are only too glad to be helpful.

(getting tired of seeing all the HMV-bashing in forums)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

DK224 wrote: »

Aye they're great. I think a lot of people on here having problems might be having them with Christmas staff.
    So......any thoughts on the games your playing lads?

GTR63 wrote: »
    Aye they're great. I think a lot of people on here having problems might be having them with Christmas staff.
    So......any thoughts on the games your playing lads?

Can't speak highly enough of HMV Galway. When I preordered Black Ops 2 and was collecting it on launch night, their cards system crashed. The guy there (long hair) was really helpful, I paid in full (had traded in games and had gift cards) and he gave me a refund the next day on the gift cards.

Top service and always the cheapest. Used to only use Gamestop until I was trading in my old PSP and one of their staff broke it. I was going to apply for a job there and one staff memeber said "You don't even need to know about games to work here", that pretty much said it all about their customer service.

Can the galwegians note that not all hmv stores have the same staff ie your probably very lucky tbh.

A lot of people from different parts of the country have had issues with hmv and tbh are well within their rights to vent here.

Can the galwegians note that not all hmv stores have the same staff ie your probably very lucky tbh.

A lot of people from different parts of the country have had issues with hmv and tbh are well within their rights to vent here.

The same with all chains, we were just talking about a specific branch though.

dmcg90 wrote: »
    The same with all chains, we were just talking about a specific branch though.

I only posted as someone said previously they were getting sick of all the hmv bashing in forums.

And way I look at it is 1 or 2 can spoof and complain bout hmv but not all users complaining are spoofing which is worrying for hmv and for us as consumers..

Ah Galway absolutely love Galway!!!!

Wish I lived there :(

Is the craic still 90 down there? Eyre square fri and sat night is a mosh pit!!! SUPERMACS lol ah the laughs in SUPERMACS ye big shower of mad Galwegians :D

I only posted as someone said previously they were getting sick of all the hmv bashing in forums.

And way I look at it is 1 or 2 can spoof and complain bout hmv but not all users complaining are spoofing which is worrying for hmv and for us as consumers..

Is the craic still 90 down there? Eyre square fri and sat night is a mosh pit!!! SUPERMACS lol ah the laughs in SUPERMACS ye big shower of mad Galwegians :D

I don't see the point in your post, I've no doubt that HMV can't have the same service around the country (like every other company). And no, the craic isn't 90, its cold and I don't like Supermacs (I'm the exception to the rule it seems!).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

That "someone" would be me. :P ah yeah I know that people have been having problems with pre-orders going awry, missing games in bundles, etc (and not just HMV, it's happened across a variety of stores and online retailers). Everyone has a right to complain and vent their frustration, I just felt I had to stick up for my local HMV because they've always been first-class in my book. :)

Anyone know how much blops 2 is in Smyths for wii u?? Can't find it on their site..

Anyone know how much blops 2 is in Smyths for wii u?? Can't find it on their site..

I saw it there yesterday for €59.99. The rest of their Wii U games were in the €49.99 - €54.99 range.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

EnterNow wrote: »
    Nah sure that's put Atavan Halen out of a job :D

Joking aside, I suppose they're covering their bases by being able to support the likes of Skylanders etc etc. I'm just hopeful that there's a nice balance & appeal to all genre's of gaming. I know the Wii had some great mature games, but they're heavily, heavily outweighed by the complete library of shovelware and games like "Poppy The Penguin 2 - Uncle Orca"

Here's to a return to roots for Nintendo :)

pokemon is joke, its never finished it by collecting all 646, by the next game arrives

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    pokemon is joke, its never finished it by collecting all 646, by the next game arrives

1. Its 649
    2. Your talking rubbish.

I saw it there yesterday for €59.99. The rest of their Wii U games were in the €49.99 - €54.99 range.

€47.99 - €52.99 range in hmv

i only buy them in smyths if 10% discounts are still available with smyths card

€52.99 for black ops in hmv

cloud493 wrote: »
    1. Its 649
    2. Your talking rubbish.

well let see you finished the game by collecting all 649 by the next game comes out

quote u need to but also pokemon black 2 and white 2 and pokemon stadium wii u to collecting all 649 pokemon = €34.99 + €34.99 + €52.99 = €122.97

im not spending €122.97 to complete the game

€47.99 - €52.99 range in hmv

i only buy them in smyths if 10% discounts are still available with smyths card

€52.99 for black ops in hmv

What? (Rhetorical, don't answer that) I was in HMV today, and the Wii U version costs €56.99 there.

What? (Rhetorical, don't answer that) I was in HMV today, and the Wii U version costs €56.99 there.

they must have change price since launch day

launch day was €52.99

if buy anything in hmv from € 1 or more, i get a €5 voucher off any item along that's €50 + ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

well let see you finished the game by collecting all 649 by the next game comes out

quote u need to but also pokemon black 2 and white 2 and pokemon stadium wii u to collecting all 649 pokemon = €34.99 + €34.99 + €52.99 = €122.97

im not spending €122.97 to complete the game

Yes, Pokemon's a massive rip off. Hundreds of hours of gameplay, great online features, etc., all for about €40. How dare they! :rolleyes:

Also you don't have to collect all the Pokemon, maybe you prefer the competitive battling. You also don't have to buy more than 1 game if you do want to get them all. Ever heard of online trading?

Advertisement