Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Lumia 800 - Vodafone PAYG - 169.99

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

my phone has shipped.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Made up my mind and bought one as a present a few moment ago.

Thanks/Damn you OP :D

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Jonny Drama

Just bought one of these bad boys! Finally got fatcheese to work so hopefully that's 40euro off becasue I "ported" over as well..... I just hope I like it !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Looks tempting. Wouldn't need the apps because of the Nexus 7. To be honest, it can't be worse than my Xperia Play, hopefully better.

caycro wrote: »
    I rang Vodafone and they told me the phone takes a standard sim, I haven't ported over my number and have a standard sim with my number on it - will Vodafone swop a standard sim for a micro sim ?

I asked over on the Vodafone forum and got following reply
    Vodafone wrote:
    They will give you a blank sim card with it and all you need to do is call us up and we will activate it over the phone

Now just hope they answer there phone on Christmas day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

Here we go with most up-to-date pricing across all operators:

Meteor 150 euro link
    eMobile 150 euro link
    Vodafone 170 euro link
    O2 180 euro link
    3 440 euro link

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭stocktrader

I bought this phone for a friend and to switch the existing number over to vodafone. she doesnt want the phone now and doesnt want to switch networks. can she stop the porting of the number?

I bought this phone for a friend and to switch the existing number over to vodafone. she doesnt want the phone now and doesnt want to switch networks. can she stop the porting of the number?

That's an ungrateful friend.

You would be best to ask here though.

Got the phone on Friday, great bit of kit.. Well worth the money as far as I can see, even though I've probably only flicked through about 5% yet of what the phone can actually do..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I got it for €129.99. I saved €20 for porting my number over and another €20 for going through Fatcheese.

• Advertisement

I got it for €129.99. I saved €20 for porting my number over and another €20 for going through Fatcheese.

I did this as well. Did you get refunded from fatcheese yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

did they not give you it for free seeing as your brother is a big movie star and your only in his shadow?

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

Is the vodafone.ie lumia locked to vodafone?

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

breathn wrote: »
    Is the vodafone.ie lumia locked to vodafone?
    Yes it is. Check previous posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Still pending

madma wrote: »
    did they not give you it for free seeing as your brother is a big movie star and your only in his shadow?

HEY!! I'm NOT in his shadow... Haven't you heard of Viking Quest?!!!....

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭pajoemccracken

soirish wrote: »
    Here we go with most up-to-date pricing across all operators:

Meteor 150 euro link
    eMobile 150 euro link
    Vodafone 170 euro link
    O2 180 euro link
    3 440 euro link

Hi,
    Just bought Lumina 800 as an upgrade on 02 prepay on my sons account to use for myself after losing my Galaxy s in a Taxi in Dublin last month.
    They are offering free 25 euro voucher for Awear, Easons or Elverys.
    180 euro paid as I am on billpay O2 so do not have to get a meteor/vodafone one unlocked.
    180 euro included Phone, free 25 euro Elverys voucher(give to son as one of his presents), 50 euro bonus credit and 10 euro back on Fatcheese.
    Not bad for the money.
    pajoe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,880 ✭✭✭jacool

Hi,
    Just bought Lumina 800 as an upgrade on 02 prepay on my sons account to use for myself after losing my Galaxy s in a Taxi in Dublin last month.
    180 euro paid as I am on billpay O2 so do not have to get a meteor/vodafone one unlocked.
    180 euro included Phone, free 25 euro Elverys voucher(give to son as one of his presents), 50 euro bonus credit and 10 euro back on Fatcheese.
    Not bad for the money.
    pajoe
    Can't afford this so could you please tell me what taxis you will be using over the festive season? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭Raoul

Hi,
    Not bad for the money.
    pajoe

Is it a step up from the SGS?

The camera on this is atrocious to say the least! As a test I took a picture up close of some text from a paper, impossible to read on the photo!!

My 2MP camera is way better.

I thought an 8MP camera was supposed to be incrdible?!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Maybe you were too close. Some camera have a minimum distance you need to be away for it to focus?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

I assume they selected Macro.. :eek:

Ya I have the setting on Macro. I was maybe a bit too close alright, but even if I amen't too close the picture is just brutal.. It's just a brutal camera!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

I have had, for years probably the most basic phones on the market.

This little gem being my current phone.

I'd like a smart phone but really need to keep the costs to a minimum(poor student), the Lumia seems in my price range, I'm sim only contract with meteor(I'd like to buy the phone out right), so what the cheapest way for me to buy this phone?

Appreciatively yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Is there a text app like cabbage available?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Yes, there's a few available.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Is there a text app like cabbage available?

Yeah webtexter and noelle.

• Advertisement

I have had, for years probably the most basic phones on the market.

This little gem being my current phone.

I'd like a smart phone but really need to keep the costs to a minimum(poor student), the Lumia seems in my price range, I'm sim only contract with meteor(I'd like to buy the phone out right), so what the cheapest way for me to buy this phone?

Appreciatively yours.

It's on meteor.ie for 149.99 but if you buy it through fatcheese.ie you get 15 euro off, so for 134.99 it's a fairly good price. You'll be waiting a while for your bank account to be credited with the 15 euro but you'll get it eventually.

Advertisement