Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fatcheese.ie Referrals Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

pm1977x wrote: »
    Just logged on tonight to see if there was any update and in my 'ticket' section there's a message saying:

Please note: We are currently resolving an error with our ticketing system. This should be resolved shortly with a new system being launched. We apologise for the inconvenience this may cause.

has this been up for long does anyone know?

For several months now.

It's a shame the Small Claims Court can't handle a class action lawsuit - we could hire a bus and all have a day out (@ Fatcheese's expense obviously)

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭doctorg

Yamanoto wrote: »
    For several months now.

It's a shame the Small Claims Court can't handle a class action lawsuit - we could hire a bus and all have a day out (@ Fatcheese's expense obviously)

From my experience I think Fatcheese is just a company run by one person, so maybe that why the long delays...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

For several months now.

I sent a ticket to Fatcheese this weekend informing them of my intention to bring them to the Small Claims Court. No response to claims / tickets. I'm down €135. Disgraceful conduct for a business.

I sent a ticket to Fatcheese this weekend informing them of my intention to bring them to the Small Claims Court. No response to claims / tickets. I'm down €135. Disgraceful conduct for a business.

If you go ahead with a SCC case, it may be worth starting a thread in Consumer Issues - as I'm sure it's an avenue others would be keen to pursue.

That's also a considerable sum owed you. The utter lack of communication from Fatcheese appears to be deliberate policy at this stage - that won't play well at the SCC. Be sure to print or keep digital copies of transactions owing and tickets raised.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,234 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Can't FatCheese just say "if the company didn't send us the money then there is nothing we can do".

I actually tried to transfer a small amount of money from FatCheese to my bank account a while back (well under a tenner) and I don't think it ever showed up (but left my account).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Someone needs to talk to Joe ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Jaysus it's free money people. I've had over 500 euro from them no problem. A couple of slow tickets and missed trackings wont stop me using it.

sweetie wrote: »
    Jaysus it's free money people. I've had over 500 euro from them no problem. A couple of slow tickets and missed trackings wont stop me using it.

not really if the money isn't coming out, also I was factoring in the 100+ cashback when booking my hotel so if it's encouraging you to spend more but you gain nothing then I'm losing money and it's false advertising too, not to mention being an abysmal way to run a company

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭mondymike

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Just logged on tonight to see if there was any update and in my 'ticket' section there's a message saying:

Please note: We are currently resolving an error with our ticketing system. This should be resolved shortly with a new system being launched. We apologise for the inconvenience this may cause.

has this been up for long does anyone know?

That's there well over a year. Fatcheese do not respond to tickets - period. In fairness, I think I've been paid for everything eventually - even though I had to wait 18 months in at least one case.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

That's there well over a year. Fatcheese do not respond to tickets - period. In fairness, I think I've been paid for everything eventually - even though I had to wait 18 months in at least one case.

I hope so as they didn't seem to track my Sky offer even though i can see the clicks in 'My Clicks'. So i dunno if i'm going to get anything from them for it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

I've the same experience. My most costly purchases, such as mobile phones did not show up on the statement, even though I was careful not to click away from the site. Best of luck to those chasing them!

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭p15574

not really if the money isn't coming out, also I was factoring in the 100+ cashback when booking my hotel so if it's encouraging you to spend more but you gain nothing then I'm losing money and it's false advertising too, not to mention being an abysmal way to run a company

Yes. I spent 16 months chasing up after the purchase of a new phone and committing to a 24 month contract with 3 - it will have cost close to a grand by the time I'm finished. They finally awarded it, and when I went to withdraw the 40 euro, they closed my account! Swindlers.

I wonder did the judges who awarded them the "Most Useful Website In Ireland" title last year ever try to get money out of them?

Any chance we could ammend the OP to warn people that this website is at best unreliable and at worst ??????

This thread is encouraging traffic to the site and no doubt helping Fatcheese, not something I'm keen to do and I'm sure many others feel likewise, and regardless of this we don't want other people being lured in and spending money unaware of the risks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

Any chance we could ammend the OP to warn people that this website is at best unreliable and at worst ??????

This thread is encouraging traffic to the site and no doubt helping Fatcheese, not something I'm keen to do and I'm sure many others feel likewise, and regardless of this we don't want other people being lured in and spending money unaware of the risks?

yeah I was thinking the exact same thing.
    The site gets alot of advertisement here in the bargains alert forum and its by no means a bargain when they wont pay out or respond to any queries.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭p15574

p15574 wrote: »
    Yes. I spent 16 months chasing up after the purchase of a new phone and committing to a 24 month contract with 3 - it will have cost close to a grand by the time I'm finished. They finally awarded it, and when I went to withdraw the 40 euro, they closed my account! Swindlers.?

In fairness, they have just paid up. I still can't login, and thus can't claim another fair amount I'm owed, but I can live with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭sassyj

Some sites still paying, like Pixmania. But waiting on stuff from Viking, very slow payers, site shows they haven't paid anything since July

p15574 wrote: »
    Yes. I spent 16 months chasing up after the purchase of a new phone and committing to a 24 month contract with 3 - it will have cost close to a grand by the time I'm finished. They finally awarded it, and when I went to withdraw the 40 euro, they closed my account! Swindlers.

I wonder did the judges who awarded them the "Most Useful Website In Ireland" title last year ever try to get money out of them?

It seems the site has been updated a bit since last I checked and my Hotels.com money has gone from 'pending stay' to just 'pending' but has been added to my 'total pending cashback' which is an improvement, maybe - still no response to my ticket but hopefully with the site update they're starting to get on top of things? :rolleyes:

*doesn't hold breath*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

haha I think your right not too hold your breath.
    its such bad business practice though. You can be sure they are fully aware of all the negative talk about their site here on boards yet they seem to think that by ignoring it, the problem will go away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

No they're chancers. Fatcheese = Fat Chance.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I've outstandings from January, April (x2) and June.

There hasn't been any response from them so I too think that they should be taken with a pinch of salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

parsi wrote: »
    I've outstandings from January, April (x2) and June.

There hasn't been any response from them so I too think that they should be taken with a pinch of salt.
    I have to say that I didn't expect much from the site at first, and also take every transaction with a grain of salt (it might happen, or it might not, but don't bank on getting the money back so if you do, it's a bonus).

Out of €79.30 I have awarded I have received €65 back. The largest outstanding one is for about €9 from Avis (who aren't with the site any more, so I'm not holding my breath).

If it works, it works, but if it doesn't I'm no worse off. Still, it's €65 back that I wouldn't have had before.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,404 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Debenhams don't seem to give any of their promised money, I am waiting on lots of transactions and all still pending

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

The largest outstanding one is for about €9 from Avis (who aren't with the site any more, so I'm not holding my breath).

If it works, it works, but if it doesn't I'm no worse off. Still, it's €65 back that I wouldn't have had before.

Well, colour me surprised. I logged on to FatCheese this morning, and this payment (outstanding for over a year) had appeared in my account. I guess I shouldn't be as cynical about things ... well, for a while any way :)

Well, colour me surprised. I logged on to FatCheese this morning, and this payment (outstanding for over a year) had appeared in my account. I guess I shouldn't be as cynical about things ... well, for a while any way :)

Congrats, just checked mine and all but 22 cent is available to withdraw :eek: Have Fatcheese finally woken up from their slumber?

Also they've updated their message on the tickets page:

Many apologies for the delay in responding to your query. A new ticket system is due to be launched week commencing 15th October. Our new customer service team will also be able to help you with all your queries. Our sincere apologies once again.

Have Fatcheese finally woken up from their slumber?

Not for me anyways
    09 Dec 2011 Hotels.com IE Pending €23.82

Not for me anyways

well that sucks, my money is out in my Paypal acc already - was hoping everyone was sorted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Is anyone else having problems recently getting withdrawals from Fatcheese? A friend has several payments which are marked "awarded" on the site and which she's applied to withdraw but they have not been paid and are just marked "Pending" (on the withdrawals page) for about a month now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement