Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your video game regrets.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Swapping my PS1 in 1999 for a SNES.

Not because I got the much older console (i think the SNES blows everything else from the 90s away and got a tonne of use out of - might even try hooking it up later!), but because i couldn't play WipEout 2097 any more and never got to own Wip3out :(

Kudos, though, usually we hear horror stories of folk doing the opposite. So, at least your misery did set some sort of record.

What was the deal, if you don't mind me asking? Was there games chucked in on both ends?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Renting Batman Forever for the Sega Megadrive after school for two nights to play over the weekend.
    Finished my homework, turned on the game, and... 30 minutes in :mad:

The horror...

Weekend ruined :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

I regret letting my mum give my GBC and SNES to my nephew :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Kudos, though, usually we hear horror stories of folk doing the opposite. So, at least your misery did set some sort of record.

What was the deal, if you don't mind me asking? Was there games chucked in on both ends?

Wipeout was literally the only series i wanted to play on the PS1 by that point, verses the 15 to 20 that i wanted at on the SNES, so it was a no-brainer for me.

Hmm, i gave 2097, ISS 98 and Tekken 3 with the PS1, and got SF II' Turbo (still my fave SF game to this day and the main reason i wanted to swap), DKC, Mario All Stars, Pop'n'Twinbee with the SNES.

Everyone thought i was mad in the head for doing it and i couldn't afford another console until 2004, but once i got going with completing Super Mario World, Kart and A Link to the Past 100%, i honestly felt like i will never play games as good again, and i don't think have :)

SeantheMan wrote: »

My Steam account says "56 minutes played" - , and I also paid full price. :(

Brink has to be one of the fast discounted games ever. Remember seeing it going for €10 on PC a month after release.

I grabbed it for 3 or do euro in aSteam sale. Twice I've started it and neither time have I made it past the first level. The AI is woeful and as mainly single player gamer there's not much there for me, it really is just a mess of a game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭DredFX

Brink has to be one of the fast discounted games ever. Remember seeing it going for €10 on PC a month after release.

I grabbed it for 3 or do euro in aSteam sale. Twice I've started it and neither time have I made it past the first level. The AI is woeful and as mainly single player gamer there's not much there for me, it really is just a mess of a game.

It's a pure shame too, since it did look like such a fantastic game at first. It stands as the textbook definition of style over substance. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭General Relativity

Buying anything from WOWHD. Still waiting on AC:3 and Halo 4 :mad:.

The Wii.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

The Battlefield franchise being ruined by that BF3 abomination

(on the PC of course)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I know I've posted this before, but I kick myself regularly for selling all those PS1 games. Got pennies for them. :(

Literally, pennies.

My brother sold Puchi Carat (some crazy Japanese puzzle game) to Gamestop for 1c. ONE. CENT.

If I ever have a steady income, I shall rebuild my collection...

Buying anything from WOWHD. Still waiting on AC:3 and Halo 4 :mad:.

The Wii.

:eek: oh wow. Are they delivering the game via horseback or what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Paying €59.99 for black ops2 in gamestop first day release, when suprvalu €39.99, tescos €45,dam! never again gamestop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭General Relativity

:eek: oh wow. Are they delivering the game via horseback or what?

I'm almost certian they've tried to strap it to a homing pigeon at this stage. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Aren't WowHD based in Australia? They must be shipping from there too, which is good to know, as I've got vouchers for them, that I won't be using on anything I'm dying to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,910 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm almost certian they've tried to strap it to a homing pigeon at this stage. :(

Maybe they're using a swallow. They can't carry coconuts the whole time

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Hercule

also waiting on those wowhd bastards to deliver my AC3 - I even pre-ordered it and it went on back-order the day it launched.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I meant to buy panzer dragoon saga on release for the sega saturn. I can't remember why I didn't.
    Now it does for a few hundred :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Not buying Lego Star Wars II on PS2 for 99cent last week, for no other reason than I was in pissy humour. I was out looking for the GAA hurling game. Had my hopes up, but could find it and wound up in in bad form. In my huff then, I spotted the Lego game and though "No. I don't want it! It's crap anyways!". I then got on the bus, knowing that I was lying to myself because it's a great game. :o

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Maybe they're using a swallow. They can't carry coconuts the whole time

That depends, are you talking about an African or European swallow?

deathrider wrote: »
    Not buying Lego Star Wars II on PS2 for 99cent last week, for no other reason than I was in pissy humour. I was out looking for the GAA hurling game. Had my hopes up, but could find it and wound up in in bad form. In my huff then, I spotted the Lego game and though "No. I don't want it! It's crap anyways!". I then got on the bus, knowing that I was lying to myself because it's a great game. :o

I heard that hurling game (albeit the only one of its kind) was terrible

I'd imagine it is (although, I have to admit, I do get a bit of fun out of the second GAA Football game. The first one is pure muck though), but it's so bizzarre, I've just gotta get me a copy of it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

deathrider wrote: »
    I'd imagine it is (although, I have to admit, I do get a bit of fun out of the second GAA Football game. The first one is pure muck though), but it's so bizzarre, I've just gotta get me a copy of it.

There was a second GAA football game?

That genuinely shocks me, given who god-awful the first one was.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    There was a second GAA football game?

That genuinely shocks me, given who god-awful the first one was.

Yip, the aptly named Gealic Games Football 2, lol. Myself and my housemate actually get a bit of craic out of that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,910 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

That depends, are you talking about an African or European swallow?

Huh? I don't know tha......Aaaaaaaaaaggggghhhhh!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,005 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Not picking up both Megaman Legends games and Misadventures of Tron Bonne. I blame the awful reviewers I listened to for putting me off those absolute gems.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

CruelCoin wrote: »
    Ok, to you all i say this:

Sega dreamcast had a few good games (Chu-Chu Rocket and sega bass fishing were both brilliant), but as a piece of hardware, it was awkard to use, the controllers were massive and clunky, storage space was crap, etc etc.

DAFUQ!! CHU CHU ROCKET AND SEGA BASS FISHING??? Dude you trollin'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

That I actually put 139 hours into Skyrim, trying to play it as well as possible only to be rewarded with a ****ty underwhelming ending, no credits sequence at the end, nothing, argh! it was such a let down, the last time I played an elderscrolls game was in 2003 and the ending was way better, at least there was an end, with a credits sequence. In this game, you just get returned from the spirit realm to skyrim, complete let down. What a waste of time. Bah! Last time I'm ever playing an elder scrolls game or anything Bethesda. I'll stick to my traditional old school rpgs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

You put 139 hours into it and you call that a letdown?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

That I actually put 139 hours into Skyrim, trying to play it as well as possible only to be rewarded with a ****ty underwhelming ending, no credits sequence at the end, nothing, argh! it was such a let down, the last time I played an elderscrolls game was in 2003 and the ending was way better, at least there was an end, with a credits sequence. In this game, you just get returned from the spirit realm to skyrim, complete let down. What a waste of time. Bah! Last time I'm ever playing an elder scrolls game or anything Bethesda. I'll stick to my traditional old school rpgs.

I honestly don't know if this is sarcasm ?
    Elder scrolls games are only partly about the "main story" , the fun is in exploring the world and the hundreds of sidequests.
    And the reason there is no credits, is to allow your adventure to continue.

Given you spend 5 days playing the game, you got your moneys worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,382 ✭✭✭✭Penn

You put 139 hours into it and you call that a letdown?

If a carpenter spent 139 hours carefully whittling and carving a piece of timber and at the end, realised he'd carved a lollipop stick, I'm sure that would be a letdown too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

My biggest gaming regret is actually spending legal tender on the Quantom of Solace game. Played it for all of 14 minutes before I gave it to my friend. That was 3 years ago.

I've been mentally scarred ever since.

Advertisement