Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I'll let him know anyway. Not sure exactly what hes planning at the minute (bar trying to join the broken wire together again this evening.

I sent him an email anyway about this so i'll let you know!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

ShaneU wrote: »

^^^ I just saw that on my facebook feed by Gmail. Novel idea.

/I'm using & have set up nicely the Android Calendar already on my phone and don't need to change over though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

maybe it has been mentioned before but Triple Town is very good. you get a few games free and then have to pay. Its €3 which is a little steep though.

The other game I'm playing now is Mass Effect Infiltrator. I got it when it was on sale for 25 cent. it is very good once you get used to the controls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Remote for itunes
    For people that miss the remote on the iphone, here's the android version, it actually works better than the original.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Anyone tried Chameleon Launcher for Tablets?

I really like the way it handles widgets, just wish there were more of them optimised for it.

Tried it on the Nexus 7 and it works great so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Yugioh

Someone here mentioned an app that changes your profile depending on the Wifi you're connected to. I thought I bookmarked it but can't find it, could anyone give me a pointer? Am using Llama but there's too many towers it doesn't recognise so doesn't work sometimes.

Also I'm having a terrible time syncing music from iTunes to my android and my pictures too. Anyone have any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Yugioh

Someone here mentioned an app that changes your profile depending on the Wifi you're connected to. I thought I bookmarked it but can't find it, could anyone give me a pointer? Am using Llama but there's too many towers it doesn't recognise so doesn't work sometimes.

Also I'm having a terrible time syncing music from iTunes to my android and my pictures too. Anyone have any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Yugioh wrote: »

You add the cells to your area. So if you are home, "Learn" your area for 5 minutes. Maybe walk around your house for that period.

Do the same in work.

They all really do the same thing. Llama hasn't failed me so far and I'm using it for a year or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Bought the new Rayman game last night for €2.39. Addictive is not the word. I only bought it because so many of the reviews were saying how great it is, it's worth every penny.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Otacon wrote: »
    Anyone tried Chameleon Launcher for Tablets?

I really like the way it handles widgets, just wish there were more of them optimised for it.

Tried it on the Nexus 7 and it works great so far.

At that price I don't think they will be getting many people to try it, €7.77 goes a lot further than 1 app on the android market :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,905 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

This post has been deleted.

Totally agree, considering the free version is for kickstarters and beta testers they have a cheek asking that much for it and from the comments the 7.77 version still works like its in beta. Shame because it does look like it;s worth paying some money for ............... just not nearly that much :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12 GrahamG4

I see a lot of mentions for Swiftkey which is good. But I prefer Swype.

It's fiddlier to get onto the phone as you have to register but it's free. I've used both and I like SwiftKey but I found Swype to be more accurate for me. Too many "or"s being converted to "our"s on SwiftKey and similar type issues that made it annoying. Or maybe I'm just used to Swype. It's worth a look anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Bought the new Rayman game last night for €2.39. Addictive is not the word. I only bought it because so many of the reviews were saying how great it is, it's worth every penny.

Deadly game altogether. Been hooked on it all week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭jgbyr

GrahamG4 wrote: »
    I see a lot of mentions for Swiftkey which is good. But I prefer Swype.

It's fiddlier to get onto the phone as you have to register but it's free. I've used both and I like SwiftKey but I found Swype to be more accurate for me. Too many "or"s being converted to "our"s on SwiftKey and similar type issues that made it annoying. Or maybe I'm just used to Swype. It's worth a look anyway.

I see swiftkey are being out a beta version soon with Swype like features. Interesting.
    http://swiftkey.net/flow/

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Zombies, Run! is half price (€2.99). I've heard many good things about it, cannae wait to get chased by zombies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

jgbyr wrote: »

I see swiftkey are being out a beta version soon with Swype like features. Interesting.

http://swiftkey.net/flow/

Vip members can download now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Great update to fotmob app this morning allowing you to listen into certain matches including premier league games.
    Fantastic app.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Sopcast

http://www.sopcast.com/download/android.html

Very handy for watching Live stuff not on tv if you know what I mean ;)

Anyone who had it, does the audio work? I've used it twice and I only get visuals but no audio. No big deal, just curious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

tok9 wrote: »
    Sopcast

http://www.sopcast.com/download/android.html

Very handy for watching Live stuff not on tv if you know what I mean ;)

Anyone who had it, does the audio work? I've used it twice and I only get visuals but no audio. No big deal, just curious.

Sound on JB is broken in the latest version (0.8.8).

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

god's toy wrote: »
    Vip members can download now.

Not seeing it on the VIP forum...?

Not seeing it on the VIP forum...?

Looks like the link was killed, must not been official.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

god's toy wrote: »
    Looks like the link was killed, must not been official.

Did you manage to download it?

coldfire1x wrote: »

Did you manage to download it?

Nope, was waiting on a review or two first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Great update to fotmob app this morning allowing you to listen into certain matches including premier league games.
    Fantastic app.

Where is this option? Does it require subscription? Running V 7.1.2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

tonc76 wrote: »
    Where is this option? Does it require subscription? Running V 7.1.2

The latest version is v 8.0.1

It just updated automatically for me during the week, you may need to do it manually.
    Its just beta though and I'm having issues listening to the Villa - Norwich game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Ok this is a piece of hardware rather than an app (but it does have a complimenting Adoid App as well) but I just thought I'd share as I think it's pretty cool

If you don't have a car kit but want something that works with your android phone to give you a hands free (and legal) in car expereince, check out the
    Motorola Roadster 2.

Official video:

Video Review:
    [/QUOTE]

They are pretty cheap too! Here is one on ebay for about €53 delivered.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement