Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5yr old girl missing in Wales

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

brummytom wrote: »
    Yeah, I don't really understand it. If his young kids were playing with April, then wouldn't they have got into the car with her? Then wouldn't they notice her going missing? It just seems to be a bit of a strange case.

Very.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

I reckon there's a huge part of the puzzle missing. The police have said very little and are keeping tight lipped about what Mark Bridger has told them.

I find it so odd that a father of 6 children whose daughter plays with April, he apparently had a relationship with her mother, would be a candidate for this type of crime. To be honest I thought he would be let go. I thought it was a light coloured van the children said April got into? I thought at the most he might know who took her or what became of her, but not for one minute did I think it was Mark Bridger who was responsible for her disappearance. So to hear they have charged him with her murder is a shock considering there is no body and he does not fit the profile of one of those types, from what we have been told about him. Womaniser, jack of all trades, father of 6. No previous convictions relaying to children. What a strange case it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

I haven't seen much talk about the possibility that he sold this girl
    He doesn't seem to be somebody who could kill in cold blood and if he had a prediliction for paedophilia I would have thought somebody would have broken that on the Internet...similar to the stories about Jill Meagher's killer.
    He does however seem to be a cold fish, emotionally. Unable to bond and not having anytime for his son who grew up not knowing him.
    It's possible that he was offered big money and this poor girl is long gone, hopefully to somebody who will love her, however weird that form of love might be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

Happyman42 wrote: »
    I haven't seen much talk about the possibility that he sold this girl
    He doesn't seem to be somebody who could kill in cold blood and if he had a prediliction for paedophilia I would have thought somebody would have broken that on the Internet...similar to the stories about Jill Meagher's killer.
    He does however seem to be a cold fish, emotionally. Unable to bond and not having anytime for his son who grew up not knowing him.
    It's possible that he was offered big money and this poor girl is long gone, hopefully to somebody who will love her, however weird that form of love might be.

Yep that's my theory too. The cops I am sure will be looking into his phone records his Internet usage if possible and anything else they can to pursue that particular line of enquiry. I just don't think it's definitely the case that she is deceased.

• Site Banned Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Wee Willy Harris

Well going by that possibility i can only hope for 'other'.

Background check suggests the guys a ****ing idiot and I hope it's him; right down to the murder they're charging him with not just any old detainee hysteria dictates. The family needs finality so it's be good at least if they could correctly provide that albeit in the worst circumstance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

Seriously people, in the grand scheme of things we know jack shit about this man, about April, her family, or about the relations between all three. And yet people are on here speculating about all manner of sceanrios and possibilities. Why do these cases always lead to people indulging their own feverish speculations as if they somehow had the inside track, or were some latter-day Sherlock Holmes, skilled in deducing facts and events from people and places they had never seen, nor heard until a few days ago??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Einhard wrote: »
    Seriously people, in the grand scheme of things we know jack shit about this man, about April, her family, or about the relations between all three. And yet people are on here speculating about all manner of sceanrios and possibilities. Why do these cases always lead to people indulging their own feverish speculations as if they somehow had the inside track, or were some latter-day Sherlock Holmes, skilled in deducing facts and events from people and places they had never seen, nor heard until a few days ago??

I'm interested in people and I like speculating, ever read a mystery, ever wonder about stuff? Contributing to a thread is a choice I make, I also choose not to read a whole wealth of stuff on here. Live and let live. The internet isn't that hard if you make choices ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

Happyman42 wrote: »
    I'm interested in people and I like speculating, ever read a mystery, ever wonder about stuff? Contributing to a thread is a choice I make, I also choose not to read a whole wealth of stuff on here. Live and let live. The internet isn't that hard if you make choices ;)

Fair enough. Just seems a bit unsemly to me. I imagine though, if you went through some of my posts, you might feel the same about them!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,609 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

This whole 'little' April thing makes me cringe, sounds like a bloody cartoon character or something. I assume that was a Skynews-ism.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,837 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Still think its awful that in such a small town that they could not locate this man considering he was named as suspect as soon as police got involved,
    Was there a huge push to locate him? Or was it left till day after,
    First 15 hours are so important, Seems it was next day that things got heavy ,Mark was free to roam go as he pleased for too long, He had almost a full 24 hours where he was named as a possible lead, yet no one could reach him in that 21 hours,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

o1s1n wrote: »
    This whole 'little' April thing makes me cringe, sounds like a bloody cartoon character or something. I assume that was a Skynews-ism.

She is only little though, a 5 year old baby is all she is.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,609 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

She is only little though, a 5 year old baby is all she is.

Ah right, I assumed she was a grown adult going by the pictures of her. Thanks for the clarification.

OBVIOUSLY she's little, she's only 5!

Referring to her as 'little April' all the time just seems tabloidy and expoitative. Like she now has a tagline they can stick on papers.

Her name is April. She is a person. Not a campaign or a tag line.

Argh, sorry, probably making an issue out of nothing. I've just been following the case from the start and it's beginning to piss me off how much the media are trying to make from this. They're bloody vampires.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Halloran springs

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    hopefully he dies a slow horrible death

He's been convicted of nothing ...
    Media circus
    Trial by media
    Take your pick!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Poor child. May you be happy among the stars.

Wherever you may be tonight. We're all thinking of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Buck Fizz

He was seen driving erratically in the estate before April went missing, so i think he was extremely drunk and took her for a spin, crashed the jeep (hense the brown paper covering the front of the jeep), she got injured badly due to not wearing a seatbelt, he paniced and did something with her. He probably sobered up the next day when arrested and knows he did something with her but he just can't remember where exactly he left her! I might be miles off, but that's what I think anyways.

Also the pictures in the dailyamil from the rear of his house, it shows a lot of empty beer cans...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Buck Fizz wrote: »
    Also the pictures in the dailyamil from the rear of his house, it shows a lot of empty beer cans...

A lot of people collect empty cans/bottles over a period of weeks/months before bringing them for recycling ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

He was seen driving erratically in the estate before April went missing, so i think he was extremely drunk and took her for a spin, crashed the jeep (hense the brown paper covering the front of the jeep), she got injured badly due to not wearing a seatbelt, he paniced and did something with her. He probably sobered up the next day when arrested and knows he did something with her but he just can't remember where exactly he left her! I might be miles off, but that's what I think anyways.

I doubt it. Drunk enough to bury a body and then forget where he did it? That would be some powerful stuff.

A lot of people collect empty cans/bottles over a period of weeks/months before bringing them for recycling ...

I know.

Rasmus wrote: »
    I doubt it. Drunk enough to bury a body and then forget where he did it? That would be some powerful stuff.

People often get very drunk and can still do things that they can't remember.. I've often been told by friend after a night out that I did A,B & C and I wouldn't remember any of it! Easily done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭HeyThereDeliah

Now he is sober why not say what he did do with her? I'm leaning more to revenge tbh, he might have taken her to get at the parents and something went wrong, I'm not sure his intentions were to kill her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

So now that he has been charged with murder wouldn't it make sense for him to tell police where she is?

Does anyone know would it make any difference to his sentence to be seen to cooperate with police?

Its a given pretty much that she is dead based on the fact that she has been without her medication for so long so I can't see why he is still not talking and what advantage that would give him. What has he got to lose?

eviltwin wrote: »
    Its a given pretty much that she is dead based on the fact that she has been without her medication for so long so I can't see why he is still not talking and what advantage that would give him. What has he got to lose?

Its pain relief medication, for a bowel condition, it doesn't keep her alive ...!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Its pain relief medication, it doesn't keep her alive ...!

Oh sorry I thought from the way the police were speaking about it during the week she needed it to survive.

eviltwin wrote: »
    Its pain relief medication, it doesn't keep her alive ...!

Oh sorry I thought from the way the police were speaking about it during the week she needed it to survive.

It was the media making a big fuss about it - not the police

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

An internet ‘troll’ who made a sick joke about missing youngster April Jones will appear in court on Monday.

Matthew Wood, 20, of Eaves Lane, Chorley, was arrested at an address in Brinscall on Saturday after going on the run when a ‘joke’ made about the youngster sparked outrage on social networking website, Facebook.

He will appear before magistrates in Chorley on Monday morning charged.

A Lancashire Police spokesman said: “An arrest was made at an address in Brinscall on Saturday and we can confirm we have charged Matthew Wood with breaching Section 27 of the Communications Act, namely sending a public electronic communication which is grossly offensive.

“He has been remanded in custody and will appear before Chorley Magistrates Court on Monday.”

The posting about the abducted five-year-old, which also relates to the missing youngster Madeleine McCann, was made on Mr Wood’s Facebook account on Thursday.

On Saturday, Dyfed Powys Police confirmed they have charged mechanic Mark Bridger, 46, with the abduction and murder of April.

He is also accused of perverting the course of justice and will appear before Aberystwyth Magistrates’ Court on Monday.

The five-year-old remains missing despite an intensive, ongoing search for the youngster who was last seen playing on her bike at 7.30pm on Monday near her home in Machynlleth, Wales.

Good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭HeyThereDeliah

dave1982 wrote: »
    Good

I have no idea what the joke was and don't agree with it but neither do I agree with taking people to court over posts on Internet sites.
    I think a talking to from the police would be enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Good

Can't have been that good if he was arrested for it.

Frankie Boyle better watch his back!

ffs.. is there a list of things that can't be joked about available somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

For all anyone knows she could be very much alive. Given how bizarre this case is it wouldn't surprise me. Yeah it's doubtful but they can't find her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Good

Celebrities and foreigners are fair game.
    Regular UK and Ireland citizens are off limits.

So it seems anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

is there a particular timeframe involved? Am I allowed joke about Madeline McCann? At what point am I allowed joke about the Lindbergh baby?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement