Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 6 Megathread - All iOS 6 discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Updated two iPhone 4 and and iPad 3 OTA everything went smoothly. iPhones seem smoother too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Help appreciated here....

I'm based in Ireland but working in London for a couple of months. I updated both my 4S & iPad to IOS6 last night, both went very smoothly.

Problem I have is that iTunesnupdates work fine on the iPad but when I try to update on the 4S I get a message saying my account is not valid for the UK store - you must switch to the Ireland store before purchasing.

Any ideas how I switch ? I don't want to set up a new account as ill be back home shortly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Go into settings. Pick ITunes and App stores. Sign out and sign back in using your Irish account.

Andip wrote: »

I'm based in Ireland but working in London for a couple of months. I updated both my 4S & iPad to IOS6 last night, both went very smoothly.

Problem I have is that iTunesnupdates work fine on the iPad but when I try to update on the 4S I get a message saying my account is not valid for the UK store - you must switch to the Ireland store before purchasing.

Any ideas how I switch ? I don't want to set up a new account as ill be back home shortly

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭mmalaka

Andip wrote: »

I am getting the same problem on my iPhone 4. I am getting a message "Your account is not valid for use in the Emirate store. You must switch to the Ireland store before purchasing "

I never been in Emirate !!!!!

jakdublin wrote: »
    Go into settings. Pick ITunes and App stores. Sign out and sign back in using your Irish account.

Worked perfectly thanks.......

• Advertisement

mmalaka wrote: »
    I am getting the same problem on my iPhone 4. I am getting a message "Your account is not valid for use in the Emirate store. You must switch to the Ireland store before purchasing "

I never been in Emirate !!!!!

I was there for an Arsenal match lol sorry couldn't resist :-) - follow jakdublin's advice above, works fine - he's a clever fellow that jakdublin bloke !!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭toddunctious

Hi anyone's safari a bit sluggish when scrolling up and down pages? It seems to take slightly longer to respond sometimes but sites load faster I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

The Wifi issue should be resolved now, so try again. In order to test the Wifi connection when it joins iOS tries to connect to a page on apple.com (http://www.apple.com/library/test/success.html) which seems to have been temporarily offline.

Thats a very stupid way to see if the internet is working on the device, then ironically the page when down.

I was having trouble last night on my iPad (3rd G) but i haven't tried since

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

This kinda thing happens every year. Within a week there'll be a 6.0.1 version released with the major bugs fixed.

My Facebook wouldn't sign in in Settings, just kept crashing. Also the maps app - in which I lost an afternoon to flying around Dublin - also kept crashing. Restarted the device (iPad 3rd Gen, Wifi) and all was perfect after that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭june92

Anyone else's password revert back to old password? Strange but I changed my Apple ID password few weeks back,only changed 1 digit in password. After updating last night and restarting it wouldn't accept my password so I thought feck it ill try old password,and it worked!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,461 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Hi anyone's safari a bit sluggish when scrolling up and down pages? It seems to take slightly longer to respond sometimes but sites load faster I think.

Not scrolling up and down but when you zoom in it takes a second more than it normally did. My wifi is better since the update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

Ok thankfully I've not had any of the problems most seem to have. I went to bed last night, clicked update, work up this morning it was asking for my itunes password. Put it in and no problem. Wifi everything all working fine and no crash. This is on a 4.

Only issue I have is the facebook integration. Jesus H Christ what has it done to my contacts. For those that have yet to click on it do not let it update your contacts. It will not go in find a contact with the same name and update it with the facebook info. It basically dumps all your entire FB friends list into your contacts. My contacts list on the phone was 200+ strong after doing this and many names duplicated. Easy to get rid of it, just stop giving the FB app access to your contacts. This removes all the ones it put in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Is there any point in updating the 3Gs to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

A torch app would have been a nice addition. Using one I bought, but it would have been easy enough to put one in there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Downloaded IOS6 Last night on my iphone 4s.

Nothing has worked right since. App's closing. Internet sluggish or not loading pages.

Face

Anyone else in this boat?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

OU812 wrote: »
    A torch app would have been a nice addition. Using one I bought, but it would have been easy enough to put one in there

theres loads of free ones in the store, literally, loads!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

py2006 wrote: »
    Is there any point in updating the 3Gs to this?

I wouldn't just yet - in my experience the lowest spec iPhone always struggles out of the gate with iOS updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭hada

Have we a JB for ios 6? Know there was for some of the beta versions? (maybe even the GM?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Very good update for the 4S:

Plusses:

For anybody without a dedicated SatNav app - the navigation feature in maps is very good. Found it clear and accurate.

Panorama feature on the camera is fantastic - works very well. Can see myself using it for sight-seeing type shots.

Safari is a LOT quicker

Do Not disturb is useful.

Siri is a lot better - and seems to hook up better with bluetooth car kit a lot better. Was hot and miss before.

Negative:
    Maps does need a lot of work. Found the satellite imagery actually a lot more up to date than google maps, but searching maps is very hit and miss. Streetview is a big loss alright .... will have to wait for the google maps app.

Not as big an update as last year, but a useful update

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭RnR

naasrd wrote: »
    If you're missing streetview pick up Arrive 79c or 4DCalender 2.99 in the App store. Both incorporate the old Maps and have streetview. Pretty decents app in their own right too.

can't find either of these Apps!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mugser

kceire wrote: »

Open the camera app, switch to video mode, turn on the flash in the top left corner... There's your torch!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

i just received a call there and i tried to swipe up and nothing happened, what am i doing wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,486 ✭✭✭✭guil

Mugser wrote: »

Open the camera app, switch to video mode, turn on the flash in the top left corner... There's your torch!!
    That's what I usually do but it's a pain in the arse if you need a torch quickly. A button on the lock screen would be handy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

iregk wrote: »
    Ok thankfully I've not had any of the problems most seem to have. I went to bed last night, clicked update, work up this morning it was asking for my itunes password. Put it in and no problem. Wifi everything all working fine and no crash. This is on a 4.

Only issue I have is the facebook integration. Jesus H Christ what has it done to my contacts. For those that have yet to click on it do not let it update your contacts. It will not go in find a contact with the same name and update it with the facebook info. It basically dumps all your entire FB friends list into your contacts. My contacts list on the phone was 200+ strong after doing this and many names duplicated. Easy to get rid of it, just stop giving the FB app access to your contacts. This removes all the ones it put in.

You can turn off the Facebook Contacts - Settings/Facebook/Contacts (turn to Off).

Anyone get flyover working?
    Have no icon for it on my 4S.

No problems updating either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Mr Velo wrote: »

You can turn off the Facebook Contacts - Settings/Facebook/Contacts (turn to Off).
    You can also click on the groups button in Contacts and deselect Facebook. Same with calendars. You can hide FB events and birthdays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

Mr Velo wrote: »

Isn't that what I said in my post?
    iregk wrote:
    Easy to get rid of it, just stop giving the FB app access to your contacts. This removes all the ones it put in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

All ad supported though.

I paid for one in the end which removed the ads but I'm sure apple could have developed a nicer one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

The WiFi problem was fixed by this morning, i think it was only causing problems last night.

I'd disable Facebook contacts too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Isn't that what I said in my post?

Yep - serves me right for just scanning through your post really quickly. :)

Advertisement