Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TIPP Fm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Jim Bowen

Jim Bowen wrote: »
    Ok, fair enough. You are right. You don't actually have to listen to a radio station to know what they broadcast. I'm wrong, clearly.
    you are just an apologist for tipp fm
    I am lots of things, but that I am not. I rarely listen to it and change station if jingles, adverts bingo or the angelus start on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭sideboard

I am lots of things, but that I am not. I rarely listen to it and change station if jingles, adverts bingo or the angelus start on it.

Hi Jim! for someone who 'rarely listens' to TIPP FM, you know a lot on JLR figures for the station.... bet you are a radio-head nerd :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭chris2008x

Think I seen Fran Curry driving a 12-TN TippFm sticker-ed Peugeot 308 through Thurles today. I hate his show and its jingle. "live from the Thurles shopping centre (centre) Tipp Fm!"

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭winsumlusum

so i could make the same accusation to you that you made to me that for someone who does not listen to it much you know a lot about it. Even more than me with JNLR data

chris2008x wrote: »
    Think I seen Fran Curry driving a 12-TN TippFm sticker-ed Peugeot 308 through Thurles today. I hate his show and its jingle. "live from the Thurles shopping centre (centre) Tipp Fm!"
    parading his ego he is one saddo cannot even talk properly, so I'm told

EDIT While I wold not be afan of any pop music at the early morning i listened out of curiosity to Ego Burchaels replacement. She is quite good and does nt give the impression of being so full ofn her own importance

• Advertisement

Oh god another yank on Tipp today looking for his family roots. Past few weeks they have had Canadian's Americans the lot on the show.

He goes. "Can i read from my journal will take 18 seconds?" Seamus is like yeah (probably a big celebration he is wasting time because they haven't any caller)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

as a radio head i often tune into tipp fm, what with it being my local station and all.

my opinion is that the station is primarily aimed at a certain demographic, as they know that a younger one will just listen to Spin SW or Beat anyway, they dont bother with them.

I am in my early 40's, but even I think the station is aimed at older people than I. The obsession with early/mid 80's soft roack and power ballads. similar stuff from the early 90's. The fact that their jungles/adverts all sound the same its obvious they only have one or two sound effects (BTW Newstalk has the exact same problem) which mades it sound cheap and also community radio standard. the jingles and other sound bites are the stations identity after all.

even the logo reminds me of the early 90's as opposed to 2012. the eatly 90's were 20 years ago lads.

We get an hour of country and irish on the evening drive time show. yes i know, we do not have rush hour traffic and such like, but we do have people facing long enough periods in their car after work. My problem with the last hour of the GoHome Show is that its followed by another three hours of country and irish/ hits and memories with Tony Brooke, the happiest man on radio.

Most late shows are "romantic" just like on the Dublin stations back in 1989.

Fran Currys voice mades the speakers in my car reverberate something awfull, and again the classic cafe songlist is a mix of ballads/country and irish and stuff from the 80's. In that regard he fitted right in with the go-home and the breakfast bowl. Cant comment on seamus martin, havent heard him in years.

So, I get the impression that it is a station aimed at prople who were probably wearing trendy jumpers and going to dances in the 80's. fair enough, if i was ten years older i would probably love it, I am not, so as i say i regularly push the scan button on the car radio and sample it, otherwise I dont.

if that pulls in 50% on the JNLR fair enough. I just think that the station could be a whole lot more and represent a whole lot more if they wanted to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

I only listen to it if I cant make a match and they have coverage and even thats a struggle, but the parents would have it on fairly regularly, the two that really annoyed the sh*t out of me was that clown in the morning which they appear to have got rid of, and the woman presenter in the evening with her word plays and what not, sooo fcukin annoying and she just randomly laughing at everything she says :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Jim Bowen

as a radio head i often tune into tipp fm, what with it being my local station and all.

my opinion is that the station is primarily aimed at a certain demographic, as they know that a younger one will just listen to Spin SW or Beat anyway, they dont bother with them.

I am in my early 40's, but even I think the station is aimed at older people than I. The obsession with early/mid 80's soft roack and power ballads. similar stuff from the early 90's. The fact that their jungles/adverts all sound the same its obvious they only have one or two sound effects (BTW Newstalk has the exact same problem) which mades it sound cheap and also community radio standard. the jingles and other sound bites are the stations identity after all.

even the logo reminds me of the early 90's as opposed to 2012. the eatly 90's were 20 years ago lads.

We get an hour of country and irish on the evening drive time show. yes i know, we do not have rush hour traffic and such like, but we do have people facing long enough periods in their car after work. My problem with the last hour of the GoHome Show is that its followed by another three hours of country and irish/ hits and memories with Tony Brooke, the happiest man on radio.

Fran Currys voice mades the speakers in my car reverberate something awfull, and again the classic cafe songlist is a mix of ballads/country and irish and stuff from the 80's. In that regard he fitted right in with the go-home and the breakfast bowl. Cant comment on seamus martin, havent heard him in years.

So, I get the impression that it is a station aimed at prople who were probably wearing trendy jumpers and going to dances in the 80's. fair enough, if i was ten years older i would probably love it, I am not, so as i say i regularly push the scan button on the car radio and sample it, otherwise I dont.

if that pulls in 50% on the JNLR fair enough. I just think that the station could be a whole lot more and represent a whole lot more if they wanted to.
    I think this post puts my thoughts on the station better than I could. Thank you your holiness.

Licenced for target audience of 24 to 50 year olds

• Advertisement

Is it just me or do Fran Curry and Norman Morrisey talk/sound the same on TippFm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Black Suir

Where has Aoife McGrath gone. I often heard her read the news on Tipp fm and then I know she moved to WLR where she worked part time, but seems to have gone from there now. Helen Aherne seems to be there part time now, with Liz Reddy, Sinead Ahearne and Mary O'Neill formally as Beat the full time news readers.

What a pathetic station. I happened to tune in to the news at one, they have to string it out with jingles. Jingles in the middle of the news lol. Are they that short of news:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 AlifromBally

What a pathetic station. I happened to tune in to the news at one, they have to string it out with jingles. Jingles in the middle of the news lol. Are they that short of news:D:D

They're called stings, most stations actually use them during bulletins...

NEWS HEADLINES
    Anti-household charge protest at Countil meeting
    17 September, 2012
    Large numbers awaiting admission at South Tipp General.
    17 September, 2012
    Significant drop in Tipperary car sales
    17 September, 2012
    Obituaries for Monday September 17th, 2012
    17 September, 2012
    See all News Items

From the TippFm website. Whats a countil?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

Stings would be a Radio word.....a few radio heads around this subject I would think?????

Originally Posted by AlifromBally viewpost.gif
    never hear them on RTE. On Tipp they sound pathectic like they are trying to pad out the news. I expect they are

I dont know the story lads,but he is getting his points across on his FB page,Its hard to know the lay of the land in the radio game in thee times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 AlifromBally

Why would Rte be your beacon for all things great in news?... Maybe you need to expand your listening tastes, stings are used to great effect by most Dublin stations and in Red Fm.... By the way, it's pathetic...

I dont know the story lads,but he is getting his points across on his FB page,Its hard to know the lay of the land in the radio game in thee times.
    who

• Advertisement

Why would Rte be your beacon for all things great in news?... Maybe you need to expand your listening tastes, stings are used to great effect by most Dublin stations and in Red Fm.... By the way, it's pathetic...
    i'd lsten to RTE before that tippfm shYte anyway. they can talk on RTE. and the have news on the news rather than stings as you call them

chris2008x wrote: »
    From the TippFm website. Whats a countil?
    thumptin on tipp epp M

who

That lad from the breakfast show that ye are talking about from Tipp Fm.Maybe he has his side of the story.He is out of a job..think about that for a while...

That lad from the breakfast show that ye are talking about from Tipp Fm.Maybe he has his side of the story.He is out of a job..think about that for a while...
    where? i looked at facebook and saw nothing. have you a link to his fb page

Aaron Burchael
    Yesterday
    I was on the Tipp FM web site catching up with news and stuff and i see where Sarah has undergone a sex change !!!!!!! well according to the description of her Breakfast Show on the web site ..She has become a HE .... Heres what it says !!!!!....

Sarah gets you up with a smile on your face. He starts at the ungodly hour of 6am Monday to Friday. It’s a feel good rollercoaster experience from start to finish and includes morning teasers, the birthday file and the infamous interactive play or i-play.

The music is drawn from the 70’s, 80’s, 90’s, and 00’s as well as carefully chosen current music. While the show gives the impression of chaos, in fact it is tight and prepared and you are in the hands of a real radio pro and great entertainer....

OH WAIT that was written about me !!!!!!! oops !

What he posted on Facebook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

I think he hopes that a few comments on FB will see him back on again.The way he is carrying on with the facebook posts,only proves what I thought of his ego all along.Well if he is the real radio pro and entertainer that he says he is,he wont be long out of a gig.The way he is talking about the presenter thats doing breakfast now,is bitter,and is not the way a real radio pro would act.I am sure anyone in the world of radio reading that would run a mile from him.Imagine if they gave him a gig,if it didnt work out,he would be whinging on FB again.He is not doing himself any favours.He thinks he cant be replaced,thats the rock many have perished on.I presume its Clare/Tipp fm's new CEO who wants the changes,if so,will any more onair people go.The standard of presenter there is pretty poor I think.

DT100 wrote: »
    I presume its Clare/Tipp fm's new CEO who wants the changes,if so,will any more onair people go.The standard of presenter there is pretty poor I think.

Seamus Martin next?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

It must cost nothing to play old music,that's all they seem to play on it.

Aaron Burchael
    Yesterday
    I was on the Tipp FM web site catching up with news and stuff and i see where Sarah has undergone a sex change !!!!!!! well according to the description of her Breakfast Show on the web site ..She has become a HE .... Heres what it says !!!!!....

Sarah gets you up with a smile on your face. He starts at the ungodly hour of 6am Monday to Friday. It’s a feel good rollercoaster experience from start to finish and includes morning teasers, the birthday file and the infamous interactive play or i-play.

The music is drawn from the 70’s, 80’s, 90’s, and 00’s as well as carefully chosen current music. While the show gives the impression of chaos, in fact it is tight and prepared and you are in the hands of a real radio pro and great entertainer....

OH WAIT that was written about me !!!!!!! oops !

pretty childish that. cannot see that being much good on his cv.
    can someone post the link to his FB page.

!!!!!!! sign of an ameteur

• Advertisement

DT100 wrote: »
    I think he hopes that a few comments on FB will see him back on again.The way he is carrying on with the facebook posts,only proves what I thought of his ego all along.Well if he is the real radio pro and entertainer that he says he is,he wont be long out of a gig.The way he is talking about the presenter thats doing breakfast now,is bitter,and is not the way a real radio pro would act.I am sure anyone in the world of radio reading that would run a mile from him.Imagine if they gave him a gig,if it didnt work out,he would be whinging on FB again.He is not doing himself any favours.He thinks he cant be replaced,thats the rock many have perished on.I presume its Clare/Tipp fm's new CEO who wants the changes,if so,will any more onair people go.The standard of presenter there is pretty poor I think.
    iwould listen to her before him if had to lsten to one. His attitude is 'who but me'

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement