Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TIPP Fm

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Black Suir

DT100 wrote: »
    Nothing has changed...I think some of the callers are persuaded to go on air to make it look busy,because when they come on they have nothing to say.All I can say is that people in this county are easily pleased, if the listenership figures given are correct.Diction/grammar..have they ever heard of them?

Am in Waterford myself and have to say that 99 times out of 100 the Current Affairs programme from 10 to 12 presented by Billy McCarthy is good. When he is off Maria McCann who used to be on Tipp Fm is the stand in presenter and the show sometimes sounds like something you would read in a womens magazine. (Sorry ladies - but guess you know what i might mean). WLR have a second current affairs show from 4 till 6. It too is quite good, but at times you dare not say anything bad about some of our Fine Gael and Labour TD's and their parties, and also at times what members of the church is not always listened to. The news on WLR is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Departed

Nothing has changed...I think some of the callers are persuaded to go on air to make it look busy,because when they come on they have nothing to say.All I can say is that people in this county are easily pleased, if the listenership figures given are correct.Diction/grammar..have they ever heard of them?
    news at 5.30 today 'minister for the enviro ment' So desperate for callers they have a free phone number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

Whoever is on the beakfast show for the past week or so should be left on it.Its a refreshing change from the usual guy trying to be funny!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,399 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Whoever is on the beakfast show for the past week or so should be left on it.Its a refreshing change from the usual guy trying to be funny!!!!!!!!!!!!

HEY!!!!! :(

callaway92 wrote: »
    HEY!!!!! :(

Well she aint as bad as the usual guy...What is it with him as he talks..he goes up a couple of octaves at times,its as if some one has given him a wedgy..listen as he asks the "Teaser" and say's the word what/who /where,depending on the question...its WHAT/WHO/WHERE......Where is he from ?He say's om a lot....:confused: Can you listen to the go home show,if you are on your way to work????????

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Yeboah

Departed wrote: »
    joining with Clare FM
    http://www.rte.ie/aertel/114-01.html[/QUOTE]

story is gone off aertel so i wonder what changes will be made, id any...heard nothing more about it

Yeboah wrote: »
    Departed wrote: »
    joining with Clare FM
    http://www.rte.ie/aertel/114-01.html[/QUOTE]

story is gone off aertel so i wonder what changes will be made, id any...heard nothing more about it
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0626/clare-fm-tipp-fm-to-form-unique-alliance.html

Clare FM and Tipp FM have announced a ''unique alliance'' that the companies say will deliver cost savings and enhance quality of service.The stations have worked closely with the Broadcasting Authority of Ireland over a six-month period

The alliance will involve the stations sharing costs in non-broadcasting areas, enabling them to reduce operational overheads and protect employment.
    Both stations will remain independent and retain their individual licences for their respective counties.The stations have worked closely with the Broadcasting Authority of Ireland over a six-month period
    As part of the deal, Clare FM Managing Director Liam O'Shea has been appointed as chief executive of both radio stations.

also see

If the figures listening are as good as we are told,why do they need to link with anyone other station.I am led to believe that the jnlr's are the advert agencies bible? Is this fair good?

If the figures listening are as good as we are told,why do they need to link with anyone other station.I am led to believe that the jnlr's are the advert agencies bible? Is this fair good?
    good point. don't hear em boasting about their need to link on their news or shows

• Advertisement

Next T-Shirt............. TIPP FM CLARE GOOD!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭chris2008x

303348_465433636805591_1336461166_n.jpg

Don't see them t-shirts catching on. Not exactly the best looking model to show them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

wonder if this is why Arron Birchill finished up this morning??? On the shows facebook page he mentions cost cuttings. For myself I almost crashed the car cheering when i heard it.

no more cagney and lacey music? no more applause after he says anything? no more reading out the bingo numbers like he has just won the lotto himself? no more talking like everything is a question all the time??

Cost cutting? I presume they will still have a breakfast presenter.If he was as good as he thought ,he would still be there.That whole station needs an injection of some real radio presenters,although,I doubt any would be found in Tipperary! The current affairs guy is a boring know all,the guy on lunchtime is terrible,does he really talk like that,or is it a radio put on voice? could some one please tell him the word is "US" not "UZ" when he invites listerners to call.He always say's "Call uz now "...

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Jim Bowen

Say what you like about Aaron but he always pulled in the numbers. His JNLR data was always very good and whilst not my taste, there is an audience for that and he always found it. They will struggle to maintain that listenership now that they have sacked him.

Jim Bowen wrote: »
    Say what you like about Aaron but he always pulled in the numbers. His JNLR data was always very good and whilst not my taste, there is an audience for that and he always found it. They will struggle to maintain that listenership now that they have sacked him.

Well he musnt have found enough of an audience,or he wouldnt have been sacked[your wording].If the powers that be in Tipp FM have let go some one who pulled in good JNLR numbers,there way of running a radio station has to be questioned.I have often heard the over all jnlr figures,but not individual shows..In my opinion,the show was well dated,and he seemed to be mentioning the same handful every morning.Through out the day,the presentation is pretty poor.I t sounded good once upon a time,but those days seem far away at Tipp FM now,sad to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I honestly can't stand the man,how anyone thinks he's a good presenter is beyond me,cringe worthy is the words that come to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭winsumlusum

when and why was he sacked was he not on last week. pain in the ass he is anyway so full of himself always has to give his name when reading bingo numbers lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭jprboy

Interesting first post. Hmmmmm, is that you A..........?

Cost cutting? I presume they will still have a breakfast presenter.If he was as good as he thought ,he would still be there.That whole station needs an injection of some real radio presenters,although,I doubt any would be found in Tipperary! The current affairs guy is a boring know all,the guy on lunchtime is terrible,does he really talk like that,or is it a radio put on voice? could some one please tell him the word is "US" not "UZ" when he invites listerners to call.He always say's "Call uz now "...
    Seamus Martin and his obsession with GAA is pathological. Recently he was interviewing a gombeen councillor about rubbish dumped on road who said it was thron there

• Advertisement

Listen, firstly I am not connected with the station but I do understand how radio works. Aaron has/had a very healthy listenership, which he hands over to Seamus at 10am. If a radio station doesn't bag listeners first thing, they play catch up all day and it never recovers. So, if the new breakfast presenter doesn't at least maintain Aaron's figures, it will have a knock-on effect throughout the day. That leads to a poor overall JNLR figure which in turn means that national advertisers will be more reluctant to advertise with them. Local advertisers are not JNLR focussed to the same extent as the Nationals.

So, if Aaron was costing too much then they need to make sure that his replacement has the ability to keep the listeners or else the overall advertising spend will suffer in the medium term.

Listen, firstly I am not connected with the station but I do understand how radio works. Aaron has/had a very healthy listenership, which he hands over to Seamus at 10am. If a radio station doesn't bag listeners first thing, they play catch up all day and it never recovers. So, if the new breakfast presenter doesn't at least maintain Aaron's figures, it will have a knock-on effect throughout the day. That leads to a poor overall JNLR figure which in turn means that national advertisers will be more reluctant to advertise with them. Local advertisers are not JNLR focussed to the same extent as the Nationals.

So, if Aaron was costing too much then they need to make sure that his replacement has the ability to keep the listeners or else the overall advertising spend will suffer in the medium term.
    Those JNLR figure do not mean much. They can be manipulated to mean anything. RTE will claim to be the leaders too. Tipp FM says they are number one in Tipp. What other station is in Tipp except community radio in tipp town and st josephs hosp. Not much competition. You can twist it whatever way you like but the fact remains you can prove anything with statistics. If they are that good why do they have to join up with clare

I was told of a deal on something i wanted went to the shop and bought it and the shop owner said "lucky you listen to TippFM." i said "I don't someone told me," which was true. The shop owner said he did not listen to it either

The station is pathetic interms of diction as someone said. Their news out put is half the time from the net. I also know from listenersnthat anything you say in comment which is not to their liking is not broadcast. They say x wants to tell us about y but at the end of the call x says "thanks for calling me" so they did not actually ring in but were contacted
    Aaron has/had a very healthy listenership, which he hands over to Seamus at 10am.
    i do not believe that i know many who would not vlisten to his high pitched neurotic whine at that hour of the morning but will listen to Smug Martin

Any station that achieves a market share in excess of 50% has an enviable listenership. Contrast that figure with other radio stations (Highland excepted) and you will see that, in percentage terms, more people in Tipp listen to Tipp FM, that Clare people listen to Clare FM or Kildare people listen to KFM or Mayo people listen to Mid West.

A market share of 50% is dream land for a radio station.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 LFC1

have to say i listened to tipp fm this mornings breakfast show and i for one perfer sarah than aaron he was too annoying for me at that hour of morning, every thing no matter what has to be freshened up at some point plus aaron isn't/was'nt the only annoying one, that seamus martin does my head in

If his ratings were that good,and brought in listeners and advertising.I cant understand any radio boss with half an idea of the workings of radio.letting him go.On the other hand,maybe he thought he was worth more than he is.The breakfast show promo said it was wacky and funny,I never heard anything funny or wacky...He said his name at every opportunity,even reading the hey Arron bit on texts.The clapping bed is as old and dated as the station sounds.The put th's where there are none,and dont put them where they are,diction is terrible.I have never heard a station play as many promos,maybe they are bulking out the adverts.The adverts are just read as boring shopping lists,instead of some funny and thought out scripts.I agree with the poster that said the callers thank the current affairs guy for calling them.It seems anybody who calls with a comment end up dragged on air to fill out the programme.I also think they have more interest in North Tipp than south Tipp.I never hear the station on in any shops in Clonmel.

If his ratings were that good,and brought in listeners and advertising.I cant understand any radio boss with half an idea of the workings of radio.letting him go.On the other hand,maybe he thought he was worth more than he is.The breakfast show promo said it was wacky and funny,I never heard anything funny or wacky...He said his name at every opportunity,even reading the hey Arron bit on texts.The clapping bed is as old and dated as the station sounds.The put th's where there are none,and dont put them where they are,diction is terrible.I have never heard a station play as many promos,maybe they are bulking out the adverts.The adverts are just read as boring shopping lists,instead of some funny and thought out scripts.I agree with the poster that said the callers thank the current affairs guy for calling them.It seems anybody who calls with a comment end up dragged on air to fill out the programme.I also think they have more interest in North Tipp than south Tipp.I never hear the station on in any shops in Clonmel.
    even as i said when reading bingo "this is Aaron from the breakfast bowl" The girl just reads them. He is so full of himself and as you say totally outdated. the station plays there or four promo jingles one after the other, never heard that on any other station. It is a totally pathectic station and is a cariciture of itself, especially as the presenters seems to believe their own PR. and people who know about radio have agreed with me on that

Jaysus, if you go to the extent of listening to the Bingo, you must be a fan. Christ!

Jaysus, if you go to the extent of listening to the Bingo, you must be a fan. Christ!
    never said i listen to it just know he has to give his name on it unlike the girl for him it is an opportunity to massage his ego

never said i listen to it just know he has to give his name on it unlike the girl for him it is an opportunity to massage his ego

Ok, fair enough. You are right. You don't actually have to listen to a radio station to know what they broadcast. I'm wrong, clearly.

• Advertisement

Ok, fair enough. You are right. You don't actually have to listen to a radio station to know what they broadcast. I'm wrong, clearly.
    you are just an apologist for tipp fm

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement