Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TIPP Fm

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭berrypendel

Beasty. wrote: »
    probably out hunting Giraffes for the new website - :D

or else trying to get the Giraffes to improve the website some bit - :confused:
    not being first for news anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

Beasty. wrote: »
    lads, are ye upset at the radio station itself or the design of the website?

or both :-0

I doubt any of the dj's actually did the work of creating the web pages - as sure as i am that the web page designer doesnt read the "Noose at ten"

The web designer may make a better job of the noose at ten.The CEO of Tipp FM used to work at Dublin Zoo,maybe that's where the Giraffe came from;)

DT100 wrote: »
    The web designer may make a better job of the noose at ten.The CEO of Tipp FM used to work at Dublin Zoo,maybe that's where the Giraffe came from;)
    the giraffe is to symbolse the neck they have in claiming to be number one for news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Beasty.

the giraffe is to symbolse the neck they have in claiming to be number one for news

they have an interesting piece on what sounds like a lovely night out in Cappawhite:eek:

http://www.tippfm.com/news/detail/man_injured_in_cappawhite_assault

I heard the breakfast presenter on an advert for Lines of Nenagh...Where are they?...And would whoever is in charge, tell the current affairs presenter, to stop sniffing into the microphone.

• Advertisement

I heard the breakfast presenter on an advert for Lines of Nenagh...Where are they?...And would whoever is in charge, tell the current affairs presenter, to stop sniffing into the microphone.
    the guy that gives junkets to the politicians so they know how to answer his questions?

tippman1 wrote: »
    I don't see all caps for the news....maybe they've changed them..
    This site is all caps on my vista too:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Have a look at this page of obits. Note the change of typing half-way down the page. Goes from all lines in bold type and all underlined to a different style.

http://www.tippfm.com/news/detail/obituaries_for_Sunday_1st_April_2012

Looks like the typist decided to do a few alterations half-way through the page::(:(:(

Does anyone at TippFM give any care or thought to presentation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

Have a look at this page of obits. Note the change of typing half-way down the page. Goes from all lines in bold type and all underlined to a different style.

Looks like the typist decided to do a few alterations half-way through the page::(:(:(

i dont think anyone at TIPPFM gives much thought or consideration to anything, really:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2 TippMan2010

Just looked at the site for the first time today and I would have to agree. Very poor alright especially the layout and the giraffe is quite bizarre :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Beasty.

messy

Some stations say things like "Your music now "...."The songs you cant get outta your head" etc...What have we on TippFm..."Fair Good " and according to the promo,there are tshirts with "Fair Good " on the front. Ipresume they are using that because it's a saying in Tipp? Is it I am wondering?.Can you hear the jingle? Deep voice " Tipp FM Fair Good" Fair £"$%^&*( more like!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Departed

Some stations say things like "Your music now "...."The songs you cant get outta your head" etc...What have we on TippFm..."Fair Good " and according to the promo,there are tshirts with "Fair Good " on the front. Ipresume they are using that because it's a saying in Tipp? Is it I am wondering?.Can you hear the jingle? Deep voice " Tipp FM Fair Good" Fair £"$%^&*( more like!!!
    did you hear the news reader who when she mentioned government rhetoric and pronounced it rett oh ric lol

Departed wrote: »
    did you hear the news reader who when she mentioned government rhetoric and pronounced it rett oh ric lol

Now thats "Fair Good"..........

Did you hear they plan to launch and sell the t shirts:eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭chris2008x

and same thing if you ring in and complain about him cutting the off
    that is probable all the idiotsb that have to ring the radio to know if a shop is open - instead of ringing the shop

Tipp Today with Seamus Martin he looks like Gepetto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭chris2008x

Departed wrote: »
    Did you hear they plan to launch and sell the t shirts:eek::eek:

They launched them today in Thurles haha for sale.

chris2008x wrote: »
    They launched them today in Thurles haha for sale.
    they must be stuck for money if they have to sell t shirts:D:D:D:D
    Plus all the **** with the continuos ads for it and boast about listerer figure. their jingle for the news is longer than the news

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Is Fair Good a Tipp thing? Was trying to work out why it was all over the Tipp FM twitter.

In regards, unfortunately in a lot of radio stations people cut and paste the news stories from the scripts they read on air. Wouldn't be unique to Tipp. Some people for some unknown reason will type in caps even though it is proven that lower case is easier to read.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 LFC1

I think its a terrible ad, I lived in tipp all my life and this slogan fair good is a new one on me. i've never heard any tipp person say it

Terrible is right..When I hear the advert for it,the first thing comes to my mind is,they are not saying they are excellent,brilliant,top notch,....They are saying they are Fairly ok...Fair Good....Do they do the Tshirt in Girraffe size?,or the size that would go over some of the presenter's heads?...Who is that lad who sings the noose?

Was home there last week and heard all of that on the radio.

Though I'm sure they will get people with ease to wear those shirts and spread their message....

Fair Sad.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Ah I think its funny myself, a novelty idea.

I live in Clonmel and Fair Good is heard constantly anyway! I laugh everytime I see the t-shirt

• Registered Users Posts: 14,463 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I live in Clonmel and Fair Good is heard constantly anyway! I laugh everytime I see the t-shirt

People wear it? I'll be in Clonmel tomorrow. Will keep an eye out :P

What next?......Tipp FM Welllllllll Boy
    Tipp FM Welllllllll Girl

You can hear those in Clonmel plenty :D,,,,or Tipp FM Its like the rain....The will be on sale at Sheila's corner :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Same as that, If we cant laugh at ourselves whats the point, and ''Fair'' is used throughout Tipp more than any other plave, it was the first thing I was laughed at in Dublin for saying and I didnt even realise I was doing it, but to be fair the porter was fair rotten. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Black Suir

mrsbyrne wrote: »
    Totally agree. i was expecting something sensational after all this time. if you told me some 6th class kids put this together i would believe you. easily the most amateurish local radio station in Ireland, and, yes, ive been on the road and listened to them all. You will never get a reply to a complaint though. i rang one day to point out almost criminal misinformation on Tipp Today. i was treated contemptuously by whoever answered the phone.

Have to agree. I listen to a number of them on line and Tipp FM is one of the worst. I had the breakfast show on one morning, it was all two fellows shouting. The programme after it, - Seamus Martin's is it was dire. There seem to be no plan for the programme. A few times i have heard it, its like as if he is waiting for someone to ring in and come up with a subject to talk about. Must listen in some morning to see if anything has changed.

• Advertisement

Black Suir wrote: »
    Have to agree. I listen to a number of them on line and Tipp FM is one of the worst. I had the breakfast show on one morning, it was all two fellows shouting. The programme after it, - Seamus Martin's is it was dire. There seem to be no plan for the programme. A few times i have heard it, its like as if he is waiting for someone to ring in and come up with a subject to talk about. Must listen in some morning to see if anything has changed.

Nothing has changed...I think some of the callers are persuaded to go on air to make it look busy,because when they come on they have nothing to say.All I can say is that people in this county are easily pleased, if the listenership figures given are correct.Diction/grammar..have they ever heard of them?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement