Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

travel buddy to australia

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭stephenmario

Hi anyone flying around 7th sept I'm flying from cork to Brisbane only own excited and nervous!!!: )

I could be, I'm flying home for a month or so in 2 weeks and I'm going to see what the job climate is like and fly out some out some time in early Sept. Its harvest season around Brisbane at that time so a job on the farms wouldn't be hard to organise...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭LaHaine

Flying to Brisbane via Dubai on Monday, starting to get nervous as hell now!! All on my lonesome

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kevgo

Hey! I will be travelling alone to Sydney on the 12th or 13th Sept, haven't it booked yet but will do that very soon and post back. Definitlely going, got my visa today... would love to have a travel buddy so if you think you'll be going at that time... please let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 oprahnmantra

LaHaine wrote: »
    Flying to Brisbane via Dubai on Monday, starting to get nervous as hell now!! All on my lonesome

Hi LaHaine im flying on Tuesday on my lonesome, been packing my satchel this weekend. I have accom sorted staying with my cousin on the Gold Coast. how are you set up for just arriving are you hanging around Brisbane for a bit? getting excited now? I cant wait to get over to some sunshine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 94 ✭✭ObviouslyJesus

Hi LaHaine im flying on Tuesday on my lonesome, been packing my satchel this weekend. I have accom sorted staying with my cousin on the Gold Coast. how are you set up for just arriving are you hanging around Brisbane for a bit? getting excited now? I cant wait to get over to some sunshine.

sunshine??
    its winter here, only sun you'll see is when you're flying at 35,000 feet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭darcy07

Im looking to get a house share in melbourne if anyone is interested mail me or comment here im going be here for good few months have a job in an office in the city 24 year old lad from dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 38 rayfoley2

darcy07 wrote: »
    Im looking to get a house share in melbourne if anyone is interested mail me or comment here im going be here for good few months have a job in an office in the city 24 year old lad from dublin

Im only here a week. Still looking for a job. But I am hoping to have one by the end of this week/beginning of next week. Im lookin to leave the hostel soon. cant stick it anymore. :/ let me know. 23 year old lad from Leitrim ere.

Yeah just hanging around brisbane at the moment. Getting used to hostel life! Thinking of flying up to Cairns to do my regional work. How are you finding Brisbane?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 oprahnmantra

LaHaine wrote: »
    Yeah just hanging around brisbane at the moment. Getting used to hostel life! Thinking of flying up to Cairns to do my regional work. How are you finding Brisbane?

Im settling in nicely, im down on the gold coast between surfers and byron, its good craic, im hanging out with my cousin so havent had to start hostel life. gonna head into brisbane at some stage. word of advice if you havent already opened a bank a/c get one set up within your first 6wks of being here that way all you need is a passport and about $50 to activate after 6wks you need secondary id which is a bill with your name on it. I got mine, gonna get a tax file number online too. Brisbane any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jojo077

Hello there,

23 year old, male, just finished my degree from Maynooth.

I've been putting a lot of thought into making the move, but haven't made any solid decisions yet. I still have to book a visa.

I'm hoping to go to Melbourne, I hear its a good place, plenty of sports, a nice city and decent people. I have a friend there too on a WHV and already has a decent job in a field relating to our course.

I hope to go in November, I think that should be enough time to save up the €4000 recommended.

So far I've no plans for traveling around Australia, mainly because I don't know the land. However if I meet people who want to make a journey around the place, I'm all up for it.

Let me know if you're interested!
    Hey Willpainter. Im 23 year old female, also just graduated. I am also thinking of going to Australia either in November or after Christmas depending on whether Im doing a bit of travelling in Asia first. I will be landing in Sydney and will be looking to make some travel buddies to travel with for a bit if you are interested? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 jojo077

Anyone else heading to Australia around November /December time? let me know :) I am going on my own and would love to meet some new people :)

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭cabra64

Male 25, flights booked for 2nd of May! Going solo to Perth, going to stay in a hostel till i find work. Probably looking to share a house in Perth!
    Anybody else thinking of going around the same time?

Hey New Adv,

Any advice for fellow single adventurers awaiting departure?

It would be very helpful if once solo travelers had landed they could offer advice to the next lot heading out. I'm hoping to hit Perth myself soon and will be traveling alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Louise o

Hello all,

Im travelling from Cork~Amsterdam~Kula Lumpar~Brisbane on the 18th of August wondering is ther anyone going this route would like a travel buddy not too keen on travelling alone :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4 robbiepjs

Hi there ,

anyone going to oz end of august ? im flight 28/08 dub/dubai/ sydney route :) (anyone else on this flight???)
    doing it alone dunno what to expect :):D:):eek: 25/m/dub

Probably not what people want to hear. But from my experience, youre better off doing it on your own in my opinion. Nothing to be afraid of.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 hp27ky

hi 27/m planning on leaving in next 2 week,
    Dublin to Abu Dhabi
    Abu Dhabi to Kathmandu - planning on spending a week or so here to check it out
    Kathmandu to Abu Dhabi
    Sydney to Abu Dhabi seems to work out cheaper on Etihad Airways.

not sure where to go in OZ was nerver there, but spent few month in NZ 8yrs ago.
    flew over and back by myslef no big deal. only tihs time ill have my Samsung tablet for company !!

hiya thats who im flying with to sydney is ethiad when u planning to arrive there?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 hp27ky

all depends on bank Monday morning, jsut rent my pad here so hoping they will give me a few quid , wud say looking at landing in Oz, mid/end Aug, no plans then once i get there. look for work in an orchard or sometinhg,

i know what you mean , been told good place to backpack is http://www.lilliesbackpackeraccommodation.com.au/ and u get ur regional work from it , be over in sydney that time just look for any work at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Come on Lads less of the text speak please use your keyboard its pretty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭ben10afc

Fiona_2012 wrote: »
    Hey I'm heading to Oz on August 15th, I'm 25, female, travelling alone via London and Kuala Lumpar eventually ending up in Adelaide. I've friends living there so gonna get climatized there first before heading to Melbourne, might do my regional work before Xmas so I'm secure of mind going into the new year, making no plans to come home (i've only booked a one-way ticket).
    If anyone's heading off then on their own like me I'd be happy of the company! :)
    I'll have about €4000 going myself if I sell my car in the meantime! Hoping that's enough until I get work over there.. :confused:

im going 15th august also, dublin - london - kuala lumpar ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Fiona_2012

ben10afc wrote: »
    im going 15th august also, dublin - london - kuala lumpar ?

Hey Ben
    Yep I'm on the 6pm to London and the 22.15 to Kuala Lumpar!!
    Be happy to meet up for a coffee!! :D

I'm on the 13.45 to london and the 22.00 to kuala lumpar so we should be in london at the same time lol hit me up!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Fiona_2012

ben10afc wrote: »
    I'm on the 13.45 to london and the 22.00 to kuala lumpar so we should be in london at the same time lol hit me up!

oh sorry I'm on the 2200 flight to KUA! Just checked lol!! Can't wait it's only 16 days dude!! :D
    PM me if you wanna meet up!!

Pm'd !

• Registered Users Posts: 7 joyfuljoy12

Tickets booked on 18th september from Dublin via Abu dhabi. Nothing planned - gonna be a busy 6 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭skwinty

Heading out on 15th October:

Dublin-Heathrow-Kuala Lumpur-Perth

If there's anyone else flying out at the same time, it would be nice to meet up on flight out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭RadarControl

I'm flying out on the morning of 31st October. I'm travelling with Etihad to Sydney. Send me a PM if travelling on that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 morrissey 1593

hi im 26 yo guy, heading to Sydney on the 21st of September by myself, flying with Malaysian Airlines from Dublin, if anyone is in the same boat and wants a travel buddy :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Graduate24

Well Everyone, I am a 24 year old male and just after graduating. I am very interested in heading to OZ and like most people on this, my friends are not in a position to travel due to commitments. I am a very easy going person and would like to get in contact with anyone who is in the same boat and want to travel but like myself dont want to go alone! October is around the time I was thinking to go

Advertisement