Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Premier League: Pre-Season Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Make that a third for Naismith. 35 minutes gone. Don't know who assisted. Lose ball from a corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Any decent 4.5m midfielders?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

Anyone here a member on FF Scout??
    Give us a few tips on the members articles if possible!!
    :)

hate that attitude - it hardly costs a bomb to pay up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭smokingman

FatRat wrote: »
    Half an hour gone and Steven Naismith has already notched 2 goals for Everton in their friendly, and his debut. Pienaar has assisted both of them.
    smokingman wrote: »
    20-07-2012, 23:42

Naismith for Everton...I have a sneaky feeling he'll be a good choice.
    He's 6.5 and yes, as a Toffee myself, I know full well that our season starts are generally sh|t for the last few years. Last year when we got Jelavic, things started turning around for us. He's the first proper striker who wants to perform we've had for a while and teaming up with Naismith may prove to be a good pairing. Jelavic is priced too high even for me now but Naismith....
    Here's a guy that's coming out of the whole rangers debacle wanting to put it behind him and he's a proven asset so he's going in my team (as of now and before you guys talk me out of it :) )

Said it a while back but yeah, he could be a good option alright. Did Jelavic play?

....and yeah, I know I was talked out of it for my latest team but if he's taking a more attacking position, I'll be putting him back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Impossible to finalise a team at present with these issues:

1. Will spurs sign a new goalie? (affecting Friedel)

2. Will Man city sign Agger? (affecting Lescott)

3. Will Man U sign RVP? (affecting Rooney)

Then throw in the uncertainty in the Man U midfield, what will happen when Evans and Smalling are fit, Silva not being fit for start of season, also the middle of the Spurs backline seems to uncertain and the full backs are just too expensive.

Fun times!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Impossible to finalise a team at present with these issues:

1. Will spurs sign a new goalie? (affecting Friedel)

2. Will Man city sign Agger? (affecting Lescott)

3. Will Man U sign RVP? (affecting Rooney)

Then throw in the uncertainty in the Man U midfield, what will happen when Evans and Smalling are fit, Silva not being fit for start of season, also the middle of the Spurs backline seems to uncertain and the full backs are just too expensive.

Fun times!

Also Rooney is in bad pre season form. I'm considering selling himself and Silva before the start of the season. Another I'm considering swapping out is Oxlade-Chamberlain. I'm not sure he'll even get his game.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

smokingman wrote: »
    Said it a while back but yeah, he could be a good option alright. Did Jelavic play?

....and yeah, I know I was talked out of it for my latest team but if he's taking a more attacking position, I'll be putting him back in.

Jelavic played up front with Naismith behind him. Naismith scored three and was taken off at half time. Pienaar also had a good game according to FF Scout.

I certainly wouldn't be letting this whole myth about Everton starting poorly effect choices. I think they'll start well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Eathrin wrote: »
    Also Rooney is in bad pre season form. I'm considering selling himself and Silva before the start of the season. Another I'm considering swapping out is Oxlade-Chamberlain. I'm not sure he'll even get his game.

If RVP doesnt sign - I ll keep him, he is about the only sure fire way into United attacking returns. If RVP signs I prob wont have a united player until week 3/4 until we see how midfield shapes up.

Seems like there'll be a lot of rotation this year anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭FernandoTorres

I was on premierleague.com a few weeks ago and saw an ad for a game where you buy certain players and their price rises/falls depending on their performances, kind of like a stock market type thing and you can do trades etc. However it seems to be gone from the site now. Anyone else see this?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Pick 4 from:

Chelsea: Torres/Lukaku/Mata/Oscar/Hazard/(Moses?)/Sturridge/Lampard
    Arsenal: RVP/Giroud/Podolski/Rosicky/Cazorla/Ox/Walcott
    Man Utd: Rooney/Kagawa/Valencia/Nani/Young/Hernandez/Wellbeck/(RVP???)

Just thinking out loud but just an idea of the uncertainty of how teams are going to line-up attacking-wise, these 3 teams immediately jump out at me, so many good attacking midfielders but which ones to pick?!!! Will they play every week?!!! Aaaargh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Cazorla is 9 million. Doubt I'll be picking him.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,639 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Kuntz........the game knows how good he can be.....

dahat wrote: »

Kuntz........

How much is he

manual_man wrote: »
    How much is he

Hoping a ninja edit corrected that question...............:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

I was on premierleague.com a few weeks ago and saw an ad for a game where you buy certain players and their price rises/falls depending on their performances, kind of like a stock market type thing and you can do trades etc. However it seems to be gone from the site now. Anyone else see this?

Sounds fun. I second this question.

i'll have Pienaar and Rooney in my first 11 for day 1. Just cant forget that 4-4 thriller at the end of last season more of the same please :pac:

3 assists from Suarez tonight in ff-terms. Granted the opposition wasn't brilliant, but it was a competitive European match. Goal for Gerrard too as well as hitting the post, himself and Suarez linked up very well. Both players starting to come into my thinking now, granted Liverpool have a tough start, but all their tough games are at Anfield. Hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭seriousfizz

Rooney has been awful in pre-season. If Torres needs to be replaced after the first couple of gameweeks, I doubt I'll be replacing him for Rooney. Granted he can still score in bad form, but I can't see him being worth 12m for a few weeks yet.

Not trying to influence anybody, just a thought. I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only one planning on switching from Torres to Rooney within the first couple of weeks, but I'm thinking it would be more beneficial to spend 2m rather than save it in order to go from Torres to Rooney.

I'm getting more indecisive as the start approaches, though. It's horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

The Torres to Rooney plan is still a great plan to have, even if Rooney starts poorly. Worst case scenario in terms of Rooney not being in form is simply bringing in Cisse instead, then having 2.5m you weren't expecting to have to play with.

By then, we'll have an idea who else Fergie is playing up top or in midfield, to that's another place the spare cash can go.

That's my plan, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭basillarkin

has ashley young been plaing in pre season?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭getuponthis

Is it me or does it seem to be getting harder to assemble a decent squad with 2 good strikers and a couple of decent midfielders?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

I have both Rooney and Torres in my team, and my dilemma is, I want Aguero in but I think you have to have Torres in your team for the start at least and I can't afford him without shipping Rooney.

I know Rooney is on poor form at the moment but when he hits form(which he will) he always scores bundles and I won't be able to afford him!

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Thatsfootball

Whats the most common ST combination??
    Rooney + Aguero seems to be doing the rounds!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Pogrebnyak + Aguero + Torres (to be swapped for Rooney after gameweek 1).

Torres + Auguero with Bent/Graham depending on budget

I'm going with Torres + Aguero + one of either Graham, Petric, the Pog or Defoe.

No plans for Rooney. As seriousfizz said above, he hasn't looked great in pre-season. Added to that, he has had a long Summer and didn't look great towards the end of last year.

Could be famous last words but I'll bring him in if needs be. That said, I'm not planning to leave any cash spare but can always swap out an expensive defender or midfielder.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

Have pog and at 5.0 he will be a bastard to replace.

Formation wrote: »
    Have pog and at 5.0 he will be a bastard to replace.

If I do go with the Pog, and its looking more unlikely by the day to be honest, it'll only be for the first gameweek and I will be leaving at least 1 million free.

I don't expect him to be a success tbh. As Pauly D pointed out, he scored a few in three games last year and then did little else. And that was for Fulham, Reading don't score many and haven't bought anyone of note. I think they'll struggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MrWinner

Tevez at 9.0 instead of Aguero is the smart move. Tevez, Suarez and Torres is my attack- each are reasonable prices and have room to go up- not down (unlike Rooney, Aguero etc.).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

Tevez is a complete gamble.

Someone in that price range that would be "the smart move" would be bent.

Advertisement