Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PAYPAL TO DUNDALK

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 joannea1982

Has anyone had a telephone interview for paypal

• Site Banned Posts: 148 ✭✭franciebellew

I heard nothing yet, but i didnt apply.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I heard nothing yet, but i didnt apply.
    I like your style. I'm sure the phone will ring any day now. Jobhunting like a boss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Jaffusmaximus

Got a call that was a short interview with some standard questions, said will be a few more weeks till I would get contacted again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

I recieved a phone call but missed it, I rang a hotline with my details and hope they ring me back. What kinda questions were asked?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Haven't heard a thing , but have heard of people getting the phone call. I'm genuinely shocked I haven't got a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I missed a call this morning also, left my details but haven't heard anything back yet. I'll post when I do.

What where the questions like?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

My sister had one of those phone calls..she nearly died. They asked her how she felt about shift work and said the money ranged from $20000-$25000 a yr. Don't kno what else they said. It was on a Friday evening. Oh, they also said they want people with good english as well as people with another language.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

25k a year? :eek:

MugMugs wrote: »

Yup, that's what she said.

• Advertisement

Ann22 wrote: »

Yup, that's what she said.

That's pretty low. Is she well qualified ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Fussy Eater

Aren't Paypal currently only after call centre employees?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

That's great money for a call centre. I know lots that are/were working in call centres and wages were sub 20k

Aren't Paypal currently only after call centre employees?
    doncarlos wrote: »
    That's great money for a call centre. I know lots that are/were working in call centres and wages were sub 20k

I was led to believe that they were recruiting people for Risk Management which is very much so not call centre work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Fussy Eater

I was led to believe that they were recruiting people for Risk Management which is very much so not call centre work.

Ah, that's fair enough. What I would say though is that in finance unless you're a qualified accountant or on the financial services gravy train that you're doing well to earn much more than 30K p.a. - and that's in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

Are there any I.T jobs going up there?
    I sent my CV in for the craic anyhow...

Ah, that's fair enough. What I would say though is that in finance unless you're a qualified accountant or on the financial services gravy train that you're doing well to earn much more than 30K p.a. - and that's in Dublin.

Irrespective, I'll see what I'm given if anything at all. I'm tired of being on the road at this stage. I could do with 2 hours of my life a day back. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭josieb

I just missed a call from them as well so I rang back and said I be available in afternoon for call. Will that be the phone interview or will they arrange a time again to ring? What questions will they be asking does anyone know or they just telling us about positions available at the moment?

She would have good experience, years in a call centre, both on calls and later on in administration. She was disappointed with the wages.

I'm assuming working in paypals call centre would be the same as any other call centre. I googled "whats it like working in a call centre" today and if I were to believe what i read there is nothing worse than working in one. . .

Anyone hear ever worked in one? whats it really like.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I'm assuming working in paypals call centre would be the same as any other call centre. I googled "whats it like working in a call centre" today and if I were to believe what i read there is nothing worse than working in one. . .

Shít.

For the first while my sister got on ok working on calls but then things changed, there was a huge amount of pressure on the workers. There was always someone or other crying in the toilets:(. Then she was moved to admin which she loved. There was a chance of her moving back to calls and she was dreading the thoughts of it but thankfully it didn't happen...You know the way you don't really see how bad things are 'til you're out of it? All call centres may not be as bad though.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭josieb

just wondering did people who missed a call from paypal, did they ring you back again? I missed a call and told them I be available yesterday afternoon for call but didn;t hear anything. So just wondering are they going skipping people who they missed their call??

They rang me back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 max15

They called me last week and gave me a phone interview.It was standard questions but I didn't expect it at all and i feel like I did terrible! They said it will be a few weeks before I hear anything from them...I'm not getting my hopes up, kinda expecting the email That says "thank you come again".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I got one phone call where I went through the screening process. I since received another phone call which I could not take I asked for a call back that never came.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭shindig-jp

[FONT=Helvetica, sans-serif]I've been to two lunching dinners in the last month . One at Prometric and the other at PayPal . I asked the question on both occasions “ Were you able to recruit or head hunt from Louth” ? . [/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica, sans-serif]I will honestly relay the answers I received. The two ladies in charge of both outfits (yes the Boss's from both companies ) . One said .... “The applicants in Louth have largely no secondary skills and could not fry an egg nor did a lot of them know or name the two parts of an egg” but I was able to get two very good applicants who are now on the team.[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica, sans-serif]The other said “ I would say a lot of our applicants from Louth were under the impression that the jobs advertised were reception front of house and had IT Skills of a FAS ECDL” adding “ my first telephone interview, i asked the recipient to tell me what the acronym HTTP stood for ? and received an honest answer of “ Sorry could you repeat the question”. I further asked the acronym for HTML and got the reply “Yes that's something to do with computers ” We. she said “have a few from Louth but only a very small number”[/FONT]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 cmcweb

I worked for them in Blanch, 2 different departments, for over 3 years. Had to leave last summer due to family commitments, now doing charity work and working from home, back living in Louth. If they were desperate for local competent staff, I would hope they would contact me :/ They have my new contact info.

I have work and overseas charity commitments coming up but free from October onwards.

Tempted to contact them directly.

Was the second statement by L.P. by any chance :)

Scrap that actually, can't see her doing the phone interviews, She's way too busy :)

Advertisement