Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best excuse Ive heard !!

Options
  • 12-07-2012 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

I was walking up James street a few mins ago and from a distance I noticed a Garda squad car had pulled in a 13 bus. As I got closer I realised they had taken an African woman (not having a go at African women here) and her buggy off the bus. I was watching this for about 30 seconds by the time I was close enough to hear what was being said,but the lady was giving out and shouting in the Garda face. When I walked by the lady was screaming " no I havent got a name". She then flagged down the next bus that passed and got onto it with both Garda just looking at each other with I what do we do here kind of face.

All I can say is great excuse , I am gonna try that if I ever have a run in with the law!!:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

samk1 wrote: »
    I was walking up James street a few mins ago and from a distance I noticed a Garda squad car had pulled in a 13 bus. As I got closer I realised they had taken an African woman (not having a go at African women here) and her buggy off the bus. I was watching this for about 30 seconds by the time I was close enough to hear what was being said,but the lady was giving out and shouting in the Garda face. When I walked by the lady was screaming " no I havent got a name". She then flagged down the next bus that passed and got onto it with both Garda just looking at each other with I what do we do here kind of face.

All I can say is great excuse , I am gonna try that if I ever have a run in with the law!!:cool:

Won't work "Sam", you have a name!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

They get free socks too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

so not just are they taking our jobs, they'll be taking our names next too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Is this thread giving out about the black woman or the gardai? I just want to be sure which it is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

hondasam wrote: »
    Is this thread giving out about the black woman or the gardai? I just want to be sure which it is?

Just play it safe and go with "both"!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

Is this thread giving out about the black woman or the gardai?

let your heart decide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

well the gardai were most likely no definitely born here. I'm on their side.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

Flagged down a bus eh......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

This is the best/worst excuse I've heard from one of my mates - he answers the door sweating buckets with one sock on and one sock off, the other sock is in his hand, his t-shirt is tucked into his jeans. He told us that he ran so fast down the stairs that he built up a sweat and was using his sock to wipe the sweat off his forehead! Yeah... or you were havin a w*nk mate! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭blagards

well the gardai were most likely no definitely born here. I'm on their side.

So no matter who was in the right or wrong you're going to pick the side of the person who's Irish just because they were born here?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

She left the buggy at the bus stop too and told the bus driver da social would buy her another :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

Roadend wrote: »
    Flagged down a bus eh......

the cheek!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Ahh GTFO :rolleyes:

op said:
    ....(not having a go at African women here)....

yet he still gets accused of being a racist :rolleyes:
    Op posted something he just happened to see. Dont try to turn it into a race thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

op said:

Op posted something he just happened to see. Dont try to turn it into a race thing.

He's a racist!
    GET HIM!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

When I walked by the lady was screaming " no I havent got a name".

Pamela Izevbekhai?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

FatherLen wrote: »
    He's a racist!
    GET HIM!

I hear you're a racist now, Father?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

op said:

Are there still bannings for posting "that's the joke" references? If so...I wasn't going to!

I think hondasams sarcasm went a little high there. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Farce

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭validusername1

As I got closer I realised they had taken an African woman (not having a go at African women here)

then why bother mentioning her race/nationality if it has nothing to do with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

then why bother mentioning her race/nationality if it has nothing to do with it?

Writer's flair ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Fight_Night

What the hell is thread about haha?

Where's the excuse? She refused to give her name?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

AH does it again!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

What the hell is thread about haha?

Where's the excuse? She refused to give her name?
    To avoid the Garda questioning she said she has no name
    They obviously asked her name

Best excuse I hear is ah not tonight I have me periods

It's frickin genius

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Why mention the number of the bus? I always suspected he had issues with the number 13 bus.
    He's 13busist, we have to stamp out 13busism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭SocSocPol

Think its a case of the OP "black-guarding":D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I wonder why she took her buggy with her, doesn't she know she can get them for free? It must have been full of drugs or illegal immigrants

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭validusername1

longshanks wrote: »
    Why mention the number of the bus? I always suspected he had issues with the number 13 bus.
    He's 13busist, we have to stamp out 13busism.

racism/even bothering to point out somebody's race when it's not relevant is a little bit different to bus number discrimination

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Why not? Maybe he shouldn't have mentioned it was a woman either. Something about women not being able to drive themselves. People will find a a way to be offended at anything.
    And the people that will find offense at someone being called black will be middle class and white.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Shryke wrote: »
    Why not? Maybe he shouldn't have mentioned it was a woman either. Something about women not being able to drive themselves. People will find a a way to be offended at anything.
    And the people that will find offense at someone being called black will be middle class and white.

Michael Jackson was racist?:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

I think it's actually another one of these 'Anti-Women' threads on AH, as OP had no real reason to mention the gender of the person involved.

Advertisement