Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - Pre-release Discussion [** NO SPOILERS PLEASE **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

allanb49 wrote: »
    For people heading the the premiere up for meeting for a pre pint in the living room just around the corner from the savoy

Also when you pick up your tickets say Allan says hi and thanks again :D

Might pop in for a cola.

I wouldnt mind I was only in the nova studios at lunch time collecting CD's my dad won and asked the chick at the desk any chance of some Batman tickets, she said I aint got a chance of getting them.

LOL wanna bet love?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Avoid the Guardian review - it's full of spoilers with no warnings. Raging...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Reckon I might leave seeing this for a few weeks...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Avoid the Guardian review - it's full of spoilers with no warnings. Raging...

I read the Hollywood Reporter review. No warnings before it either. While it doesn't give away the ending, it pretty much summarises everything up until the ending!

:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Are reviews for this even needed?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Have read no full reviews, knew you couldn't trust the fcukers. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Boo Radley

Have read no full reviews, knew you couldn't trust the fcukers. :pac:

It sounds like all these reviewers are trying to be the first to decode the film's meaning and get their thesis out there first.

A simple, non-spoiler review is what most people are after before they've had the chance to see the film. Leave the theses until after the first day of general release at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,836 ✭✭✭✭Basq

OK lads.... time for my embargo from this thread.

Will post up my thoughts early Saturday morning - for all those seeing it in the meantime, enjoy!

* unsubscribes *

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,230 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

We'll throw up a spoiler-friendly thread Wednesday or Thursday, when local premieres and press screenings start going down. Not that it's going to be moderated until 8 AM on Friday morning :p We'll give this thread a few days of spoiler free reactions before putting it out of its misery.

Gosh, it's been a long time since I've been genuinely excited for an event movie! Those dodgy Marvel films need to be put back in their place ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

As luck would have it I'm over in England for the weekend, so I booked tickets to see it in the IMAX in Bradford. Anyone been there before? Whats it like as cinemas go?I know its not a mainstream cinema , but the national media museum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Why would you even read a review, they always give away too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

I'm hoping to see this on Sunday, availability allowing, or I might wait for a week or two and let the hype die down. I am looking forward to seeing how the gorgeous Anne Hathaway does in the role of CW.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    I'm hoping to see this on Sunday, availability allowing, or I might wait for a week or two and let the hype die down. I am looking forward to seeing how the gorgeous Anne Hathaway does in the role of CW.

I genuinely don't understand this, you run the risk of having spoilers ruin it for you.

krudler wrote: »
    I genuinely don't understand this, you run the risk of having spoilers ruin it for you.

I haven't watched any clips, read any reviews. I should be okay.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

I haven't watched any clips, read any reviews. I should be okay.:D
    Robin dies!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Colmo52 wrote: »
    Robin dies!!
    and what of MrFreeze?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Ah 4 days, listened to the Sountrack all day today. Im so hyped but moreso paranoid now. I am conscience of some twát posting a new thread with a spoiler in its title (e.g. OMG!! Batman blah blah) so I am avoiding the main FILMS page.:o

Warning posts (akin to the guardians) of any idiotic reviews with spoilers would be welcomed and vital.

Ah 4 days, listened to the Sountrack all day today. Im so hyped but moreso paranoid now. I am conscience of some twát posting a new thread with a spoiler in its title (e.g. OMG!! Batman blah blah) so I am avoiding the main FILMS page.:o

Warning posts (akin to the guardians) of any idiotic reviews with spoilers would be welcomed and vital.

thats it, some knob will think its funny to post a topic title with a spoiler in it, you know it will happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

eeeeeeeee reading the non-spoilerific reviews that were posted on the other page have made me even more excited!!

Is anyone else going to the 5am screening in Bundoran?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Ape X

Fairly underwhelmed with Cineworld's schedule. No showings before midday Friday, and only 6 per day? Very, very poor :mad:

• Advertisement

Fairly underwhelmed with Cineworld's schedule. No showings before midday Friday, and only 6 per day? Very, very poor :mad:

just had a quick look there and between the three cinemas in Limerick there's 25 screenings on Friday alone lol. the omniplex here only has three showings on release day? wtf?!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 damiendublin

i think that is just a preliminary advanced booking schedule. I think they did the same with Spiderman. I expect to see many more screenings scheduled by Friday.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,193 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

krudler wrote: »
    just had a quick look there and between the three cinemas in Limerick there's 25 screenings on Friday alone lol. the omniplex here only has three showings on release day? wtf?!

They only allow excessive amounts of screenings for really good films like Twilight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Ape X

i think that is just a preliminary advanced booking schedule. I think they did the same with Spiderman. I expect to see many more screenings scheduled by Friday.
    Ah, in which case I will happily turn my :mad: into a :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Odeon in Coolock only seem to have 4 a day....if it was in 3D there would be at least 40.

Well I was able snag a few tickets for iSense on Sunday at the point. With the mixed reviews of the cinema I'm hoping I won't regret my decision. I believe they serve popcorn with butter :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13 damiendublin

I'm glad the soundtrack tracks didn't contain any spoilers along the lines of 'Qui-Gon's Noble End' from The Phantom Menace's soundtrack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭BarackPyjama

I believe they serve popcorn with butter :D

They do. It's sinfully good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Ill check back in at the weekend lads, I will be at the press preview on Wednesday morning, possibly even Thrusday night as well if I like it that much.

Don't worry, I won't say a thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

They do. It's sinfully good.

But the downside is that you have to sit through a 20 minute ad for their sound system.

Advertisement