Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you love about Boards?

Options
  • 14-07-2012 6:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭

There's been a lot of bítching and moaning about Boards, the mods and such recently. Gosh, you're a negative lot, AHers!

So tell me what you LIKE about Boards. Stop being so negative and find something good from the site we're all wasting our lives on.

:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

The capital B

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

its free

...for now...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

I like all the funny, smart people.

But most of all, I love :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

The eyes in the "o".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Cassidy28

I love you people, I love you :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,060 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

There are some good forums on it with very intelligent and logical posters and that does make for interesting debate. AH is what it is, if you switch off your brain, it's a barrel of laughs.

I wouldn't keep coming back if I didn't love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

I can interact with people without having to actually be in their company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Having discussions with people who are interested in the same topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

The smart comments, the smart arses and sometimes the nice convos.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

the mods

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Even when you got banned it used to say 'All the best" at the end until they changed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

I love the Prison forum, its like a text based version of Oz/Porridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

All the cool avatars.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

The really good friendships I have formed from meeting with people from the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

KeithM89 wrote: »
    Even when you got banned it used to say 'All the best" at the end until they changed it.
    Whats it say now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Whats it say now?

Banned :P

Whats it say now?

Stand by ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Stand by ;)

Odd thing to say after being banned. :confused:

LordSmeg wrote: »
    Odd thing to say after being banned. :confused:

I'll make it clear for you. give me a sec.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,130 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I love KeithM89

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ComfyKnickers

I love finding out stuff that's going on in my part of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

I love comfy knickers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

What I genuinely like about Boards is that it brings me into contact with people and opinions that I wouldn't generally come in contact with in my day to day life. I think at times I live in a small world, and Boards can bring me out of that a bit. Also, I am constantly amazed by the opinions of people who I would normally dismiss in real life (that's my issue, obviously, not theirs). There are so many posters on boards who are so much younger, or older, than me, or inhabit social strata I wouldn't have contact with, who I would normally perhaps dismiss, but who can sometimes impress me in so many ways. Which, obviously is a good thing. I can find myself truly impressed by the opinions and elucidiction of 17 year on Boards at times. And what's funny about that is that they are the exact people who I would write off as idiots once they start loudly spouting rubbish on the bus. And yet, for some of them, there's clearly a lot going on.

Boards. Mind opening, sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,880 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

i aint a liverpool fan but i love that forum, always lots of comments and quite depressing but funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

I like the presents the Mods give me at Christmas and for my Birthday.Hope you all like yours too..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Handy to pass the time when there is nothing else to do.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

The diversity and the chance to interact with some people who I never would have a chance to anywhere else,and it can give you great laughs and some eduction to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 mrsnewbie

I love it too for advice.. although I only signed up recently, I have used in a lot for advice.. Now my homemade bread actually turns out 100% everytime:P.
    I love reading how people help each other solve problems. I feel its a bit too addictive :D but I love it. There is something for everyone and I do think it opens your mind a bit. I hope I can help people out with advice if I have any of use to them.
    I get a great laugh out of a lot of the posts. Also feel empathy for people who have had similar problems to me (though I am overall very lucky in my life) and feel for people going through difficulties. It's hard to share stories or worries with people you know and even trust as an awful lot of people love a bit of a 'secret' so I keep them to myself now. Boards is great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

It's can be as good as, if not better than, Google for answering local queries. It also serves as my main news outlet.

Oh and the 'photo's that shook the world' and the 'favourite mystery' threads are truly epic.

Advertisement