Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swedish house mafia stabbings (Updated Mod Warning Post #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

There is a horrible culture in Ireland today I think. As a nation we don't have the maturity to enjoy a glass of wine with dinner, or have two beers when we go out. There is a booze culture of getting absolutely hammered.

If drink is a legal intoxicant and we constantly abuse that and have all sorts of trouble with it, what problems will we have with pyscho-tropic drugs available for people to buy legally?

Couple that with an alarming rise in knife carrying among youths and a plummeting in societies moral and values (life becoming very cheap very fast) and there is a horrible potential for mayhem.

Add the lack of jobs and the lack of hope and you have a receipe for disaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Add the lack of jobs and the lack of hope and you have a receipe for disaster.

Ah sure, blame all of society's downfalls on the aul recession.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

MagicSean wrote: »
    I'm not making an argument against legalisation. I'm arguing against people buying drugs from violent dealers.

I know, and its a valid point. If you had a choice (apart from not buying it), which you dont because you dont know who you buy it from as its not legal.
    I am just pointing out that its a good reason to legalise it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Why's it what appear the most 'innocent' acts attract the most evils? I mean, mothers suggest their kids go to events such as this instead.. "listen to this airy-fairy music instead. Trust me; I'm a woman"

Practically all angels at the devil metal shows I attended.. Debauchery, yes and fighting but good natured as it's all part of the show. Says it on the tin. No banners of 'love' with knives down the sock

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

seanbmc wrote: »
    Ah sure, blame all of society's downfalls on the aul recession.

Did you not see the word "add" at all?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

The druggies on this thread trying to justify their purchasing of their coke and yokes is gas.
    There's no justifying - there's just explanations offered which include facts and well-thought-out arguments. How do you know they're druggies? It's possible for someone who doesn't take drugs at all to hold that stance. "Druggies" is a bit strong - would you call someone who has a few pints at the weekend an alco?
    They dont want to be lumped in with the heroin zombies you see zonked out on Marlborough Street but your only one step away from them
    No they're not - whatsoever. Occasional recreational drug use (not of heroin/crack/meth) which doesn't affect one's life negatively is a world way from being a junkie. A street wino (but alcohol is ok, it's legal) would have more in common with a junkie.

I find it very hard to believe that A&E departments experience more grief due to "party" drugs rather than alcohol/heroin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

I know, and its a valid point. If you had a choice (apart from not buying it), which you dont because you dont know who you buy it from as its not legal.
    I am just pointing out that its a good reason to legalise it.

That's just it. The choice is between not buying it and supporting drug dealers. It's an easy choice for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,601 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

I havnt been at a rave for years , but in the late 80s early 90s you never saw trouble - you couldnt really drink on them but gradually the E became more toxic, a lot less mdma , people started mixing coke, and the music became repetive and dull (to my ears) ... and that was the end of my rave adventure.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

I think the drug culture in ireland has changed a lot,i remember seeing nothing but happy out folk on e and hash in the late 90's early 00's,but now its all head shop gear or coke and alcohol and alcopops,basically getting wrecked off yer head fast and having near fatal fits and fights..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

L H Pathe - Don't post in this thread again. Your waffling bollocks is getting extremely tiresome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,180 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Then, why have them there in the first place? :rolleyes:

????? :rolleyes:

The way sword security works, just like any other company in its field, is that they provide the security and stewards for the event.

The actual security guys work full-time. They are the guys who throw you out for acting the bollix. They have their PSA license (or are meant to, thats another shady story)

The stewards are just part-time. Work when ever you want extra cash type of deal. A steward's role is alot to do with health and safety. Posting a person in every section. We're obviously talking about legal reasons here. If you are running an event that could have 20,000 people attending. You have to have a certain amount of people working.

.... And all the above are backed up by the Gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

rickyjb wrote: »
    Is it true that they sold glass bottles at the concert? Somebody that wasn't there told me this but I find it hard to believe...

I honestly haven't got a clue but how people got weapons or glass bottles in is beyond me . The last time I was at a gig in the phoenix park it was all plastic glasses with no bottles to be seen anywhere . I know on planes they sell vodka in sachets so they could also do that at concerts too .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

I once knew a Stewart. He wasn't a steward though.

Kurz wrote: »
    I once knew a Stewart. He wasn't a steward though.

and off i go to change the spelling :pac:

????? :rolleyes:

The way sword security works, just like any other comapny in its field, is that they provide the security and stewarts for the event.

The actual security guys work full-time. They are the guys who throw you out for acting the bollix. They have their PSA license (or are meant to, thats another shady story)

The stewarts are just part-time. Work when ever you want extra cash type of deal. A stewart's role is alot to do with health and safety. Posting a person in every section. We're obviously talking about legal reasons here. If you are running an event that could have 20,000 people attending. You have to have a certain amount of people working.

.... And all the above are backed up by the Gardai.

Well they werent working very well that night then,i mean can they not have searches or ways of identifying these thugs surely someone had their eyes closed that night,or maybe the crowd was too much for them,they should have more gards and security,mabye the ratio was not what it should have been.
    Lets just admit things didnt go perfect that night and someone somewhere didnt keep their eye on it,isnt thats what security is for.
    Im sure they will be reviewing the way security operates in the future and breifing the gards etc.Btw i dont think the current garda recruit freeze has helped the situation either..

• Registered Users Posts: 28 nikkisixx69

the gig was epic, one of the best times ever, non stop fun with the lads. met loads of cool people! :) shame about what happened but there was a serious lack of security at the gig, people passed out on the ground all sides.

only thing that pissed me off is that the gates opening time was moved to 3 instead of 4 which we had no idea of, so we ended up missing calvin harris :(

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭criticalcritic

the gig was epic, one of the best times ever, non stop fun with the lads. met loads of cool people! :) shame about what happened but there was a serious lack of security at the gig, people passed out on the ground all sides.

only thing that pissed me off is that the gates opening time was moved to 3 instead of 4 which we had no idea of, so we ended up missing calvin harris :(

How terrible he's a fantastic musician.........if case you cant tell Im being sarcastic

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

El Weirdo wrote: »
    L H Pathe - Don't post in this thread again. Your waffling bollocks is getting extremely tiresome.

THANK YOU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

I think the drug culture in ireland has changed a lot,i remember seeing nothing but happy out folk on e and hash in the late 90's early 00's,but now its all head shop gear or coke and alcohol and alcopops,basically getting wrecked off yer head fast and having near fatal fits and fights..
    I don't think it's much to do with a shift in drug culture, it's just the fact that certain
    artists or music genres as a whole tend to attract a very unsavoury element. Trance and Hard Dance gigs seem to draw newly released Mountjoy convicts in their droves, and "superstar DJ" types like David Guetta, Tiesto or SHM are a firm favourite with horrible *****.

SHM, Tinie Tempah, Calvin Harris and Snoop Dogg. You wouldn't have had to be gifted with precognition to know it was going to be full of triads. Note that this kind of behaviour is not a recent phenomenon, however. Look at the like of the Asylum in Dublin in its later years- rival drug dealers warring over turf, stabbings etc.

But if you go beyond the mainstream crap and look to the underground you'll find a scene a lot closer to the loved=up rave days. Less cuddle puddles and more fashion sense, but the drugs are still there in abundance - yokes for the most part, and damn good ones these past two years, coke and speed as make an appearance well, a few sneaky joints in the smoking area, the odd bit of ketamine ( doesn't seem popular these days, I think people just needed to get really wonked when minimal was big so they could actually enjoy it/forget it was ****) and even some curios like 2C-B. In any of Dublin's handful of dedicated EDM venues I'd say at least 75% of people on any given night are off their chops but the but these places are hands-down the most friendly, fun and welcoming clubs in the city. After club closing times, compare the people chatting outside to the howling apes outside Coppers or the other cattle narkets on Harcourt Street. An effective call for the legalisation of certain drugs of ever I saw one.

Oh, and headshops haven't been selling any drugs for the past two years...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

The way sword security works, just like any other company in its field, is that they provide the security and stewards for the event.

No, most don't work full time. And most are the dregs of a bad lot and a lot of the time concert work is the only security work they can get.

Tbh most are useless and I wouldn't put them on the door of Mothercare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Laisurg

I live beside the phoenix park and I have never seen so much scum in one place in my entire life, knacker gig of the century...

No, most don't work full time. And most are the dregs of a bad lot and a lot of the time concert work is the only security work they can get.

Tbh most are useless and I wouldn't put them on the door of Mothercare.

Ahhh, you know the score too Mikikomi :)
    Most of them are scum. Most of them are on the social too whilst doing this.

I agree some drugs should be legalized as they cause no social harm or aggression to other people who might be affected by it,such as cannabis etc..

In 2014 they will have what are known as 'consumption rooms' which is a designated area you can use drugs in a safe enviornment,they will have drug out reach workers there too..

Ahhh, you know the score too Mikikomi :)
    Most of them are scum. Most of them are on the social too whilst doing

Oh I do, I'm in this game over 20 years. And regarding the PSA licence, well the PSA are just another FF/Green quango who are as useful as tits on a bull.

They've made little or no difference to the security industry and should be reformed (made redundant).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I agree some drugs should be legalized as they cause no social harm or aggression to other people who might be affected by it,such as cannabis etc..

In 2014 they will have what are known as 'consumption rooms' which is a designated area you can use drugs in a safe enviornment,they will have drug out reach workers there too..
    All well and good for drug addicts, but this will stop scum setting out to concerts with weapons how exactly?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I would like to subscribe to your news letter please.

Im sure they will be reviewing the way security operates in the future and breifing the gards etc.

I'm absolutely and 100% confident that no one will give security and how it operates for future gigs a seconds thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

Well it was an interesting gig...

Most of the trouble to the side and you could avoid it. However, getting drinks I had to pass through an insane crowd of pissed - the odd pill head there, but booze the main thing - young lads. The 'game' seemed to be waiting for anyone having to cross their area. Then you had to avoid getting random lunges like in the video. Essentially seemed like one gang - maybe more they all grouped together - and they had their own thing going on. Security on the edge keeping an eye over, but not much could be done. Lots of women being harassessed in that group. Lots of digs thrown. Once you made it past that group it was just a normal gig. My money is that somewhere in the midst of that the knife guy just lost it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I work in hospital dude, constantly fed up with morons who take too much coke or 'herbal' E clogging up emergency rooms deflecting treatment from people who are in real need for treatment.

The coke and Herbal high overdoses are treated no different from your average heroin overdose

All morons clogging up health service because they knowingly put toxic substances in their bodies

Tell us then, which 2 drugs provides a hospital with the most patients?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

Nothing stays at an ideal state where drugs are concerned .Drug scenes constantly evolve and never for the better .
    'Consumption Rooms' that sounds like typical courtship talk .I'd like to see that work and i'll give it 1 year and the rot will appear . One drug use always beckons another kind .
    You're probably young to post something like that .I only wish you were right .
    I could say the same about Beer and forbid Whiskey and gin but it would'nt work either .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement