Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread*** Round 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭E39MSport

I'll be throwing the 406 hdi up for sale next weekend in case any of you eagle eyes see it. My plans for it didn't work out and I got landed with it. Its taxed for 5 months.

Needs a rear bearing, clutch is at 20% and has a ps groan. Other than that its a mighty machine. Engine is near perfik afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Abnormal amount of arsewipes in diesel cars today, driving dangerously...

For example, got undertaken by a taxi (no bus lane btw) he shot across 4 lanes of traffic, shot off into the distance, then aggressively cut across them again, to get off, across the chevrons and jam on the brakes.

The mind boggles :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

Road markings are for suckers :p

I was hoping to see a tyre let go. Might teach the f*cker a lesson :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

E39MSport wrote: »
    I'll be throwing the 406 hdi up for sale next weekend in case any of you eagle eyes see it. My plans for it didn't work out and I got landed with it. Its taxed for 5 months.

Needs a rear bearing, clutch is at 20% and has a ps groan. Other than that its a mighty machine. Engine is near perfik afaik.

that shouldnt be too expensive to sort out... how come clutch is on 20%? didnt you felt it when bought it?

• Advertisement

E39MSport wrote: »

Clutch for a 406 you say.... Where have I seen that recently :pac:

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

This arrived in KK, Dad sent on the pics looking forward to seeing it in the flesh and fitting it at the weekend

586a1.jpg

b2888.jpg

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Really want an M sport front bumper now...

I'll be kept busy some night this week:

210447.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Looks class Conzy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

I have two questions and shall add "sies" to emphasize my genuine interest!

Wheresies & How Muchsies for that?????

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

MugMugs wrote: »
    I have two questions and shall add "sies" to emphasize my genuine interest!

Wheresies & How Muchsies for that?????

45 quid in halfords! Not so sure how much it is regularly, but there was 20% off, and because the guy scanning it through made a mistake/didn't know there was a discount the manager gave me a couple of quid extra off.

Supposed to be good, we'll see what happens on the weekend. Will be doing mine and the fathers e60!

45 quid in halfords! Not so sure how much it is regularly, but there was 20% off, and because the guy scanning it through made a mistake/didn't know there was a discount the manager gave me a couple of quid extra off.

Supposed to be good, we'll see what happens on the weekend. Will be doing mine and the fathers e60!

Don't suppose you have an obsession with clean cars and will just randomly clean dirty cars in close proximity to your house???? ;)

You are some fanatic of cleanliness!
    I might aswell grab some cleaning products this weekend. Ill be off to cork city so might aswell.

Don't suppose you have an obsession with clean cars and will just randomly clean dirty cars in close proximity to your house???? ;)

I know! I will find the most filthiest mud road and have a go at it! Then ill park my car outside his house, so he would be forced to look at it! Then he will snap and run out with a sponge to wash it off!! Him being him, he will see it only as a half arsed job with no polishing!
    That going to be cheapest car wash ever! :D

No sponges, the swirl marks SWIRL MARKS MAN :(

I know! I will find the most filthiest mud road and have a go at it! Then ill park my car outside his house, so he would be forced to look at it! Then he will snap and run out with a sponge to wash it off!! Him being him, he will see it only as a half arsed job with no polishing!
    That going to be cheapest car wash ever! :D

WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU MAN ! A SPONGE !!!!!?????

To the detailing forum with you and don't come back until you've removed all of those swirl marks !

WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU MAN ! A SPONGE !!!!!?????

To the detailing forum with you and don't come back until you've removed all of those swirl marks !

So what do you use?! Tongues?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭E39MSport

that shouldnt be too expensive to sort out... how come clutch is on 20%? didnt you felt it when bought it?

I did, the pedal was out quite far but the 5th gear test wasn't too bad and for a bag'o'sand I didn't mind. I can feel it letting go under heavy acceleration in high gears though.

Gear change on her is lovely.

Oh, and the handbrake isn't worth a shyte but nothing serious. Brakes are top notch.

Its a grand bus. Very impressed.

A microfibre cloth duh :p

Mitts dude.

I like green ones best.

428095d1340300382-car-care-detailing-dreams-microfibercarwashmittd.jpg

Adrennes did a good thread on this a while back in detailing.

• Advertisement

That really shows how long time ago I washed my car :D

Will have a look at those too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

210447.JPG

I used that on my dads car recently. It seems good so far, really easy to apply and a good gloss from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Nice shoes, are they slip on?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Good for the heel and ze toe ya.

Hal1 wrote: »
    Good for the heel and ze toe ya.

Im sure there is a joke somewhere in that post..... But I can seem to find it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I hope you didn't do German for your leaving cert.

I was thinking today, it might be a good idea to set up a thread for photos of the motor meets? So it would be like a motor meet memories, perhaps? So all the photos would be in one folder. Then once we get a good few photos in there. Other members would look through them and say, "oh theres such and such, having the crack at the motor meet on that day. I must accualy go to one off them. It seems like good crach.

So it would be like....

Motor meet - 12/04/12.

(post photos)

Motor meet - 24/05/12.

(post photos)

Ect.

So..... Whst ye think?

Im sure there is a joke somewhere in that post..... But I can seem to find it. :)

Heel and toe is a way of driving. You use the heel of your right foot to brake and the toe to accelerate. It minimizes the length of time between braking and getting back on the loud pedal ;)

By the way, do NOT try it!

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I hope you didn't do German for your leaving cert.

No. I got out of doing german, becouse im from south africa.

• Advertisement

No. I got out of doing german, becouse im from south africa.

You should have done German since Afrikaans is based on German, Dutch and English jou voken mooer :P

With regard to your idea of motor meets photo threads, all the photos go up on the original thread for each meet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement