Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Official Server

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,408 ✭✭✭Nollog

:( no mob farms at all?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

/\/ollog wrote: »
    :( no mob farms at all?

The main reason that mob farms are banned is because the server lags like hell with them. The amount of mobs along with massive amounts of item drops and orbs in the one chunk is just too much to handle. The only thing that is allowed is slime rooms. Brightly lit rooms near bedrock in slime chunks where slimes can spawn. You still have to kill them by hand, and not with a grinder or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Kenno90 wrote: »
    Is this map going to be the same size as the current map, bigger/smaller ??.

I'm really liking the idea that all the resources will be on the main island. Even for people who don't want pvp, makes it risky to venture out :P

Its going to be even more fun with redstone trip wire. TNT booby trap :D:D

deconduo wrote: »
    The main reason that mob farms are banned is because the server lags like hell with them. The amount of mobs along with massive amounts of item drops and orbs in the one chunk is just too much to handle. The only thing that is allowed is slime rooms. Brightly lit rooms near bedrock in slime chunks where slimes can spawn. You still have to kill them by hand, and not with a grinder or anything.

You could make an official grinder near spawn and just have people take turns at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

You could make an official grinder near spawn and just have people take turns at it.

The rule is also in place to make it more of a challenge to retrieve gun powder/ arrows/ bones etc. It is a survival server at the end of the day :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

BX 19 wrote: »
    Its going to be even more fun with redstone trip wire. TNT booby trap :D:D

Oh ye :D If i lay a tnt trap and someone dies like three days later, will it say Kenno90 Killed BX19 or just BX19 Blew Up.

Also thinking everybody is going to be decked with enchanted weapons and armour. Getting XP in 1.3 is pi*s easy

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

We thought of doing this on a previous map, but it really does make the game far too easy. On the first map, everyone had mob traps, it was pretty much the only thing people did after a while. Mob drops become pointless since everyone has a near unlimited source of them, and people end up with far too much tnt.
    That, and it lags the server to hell as dec was saying.

You could have a villager spawner then, all they drop is XP right?
    Or have a system to buy time on a skelly/creep/whatever spawner so it's not unlimited.

I like grinders.:(

You could have a villager spawner then, all they drop is XP right?
    Or have a system to buy time on a skelly/creep/whatever spawner so it's not unlimited.

I like grinders.:(

Never would've guessed :pac:

I can't build them, but I like the feeling of superiority you get when you smack a zombie in the face and then eat his flesh in front of his zombie wife.

Can you add Nollog to the whitelist?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

Or you could be a man and go out and kill them face to face :pac:

Mak_United wrote: »
    Or you could be a man and go out and kill them face to face :pac:

takes too long.

takes too long.

And? If your aloud Xp grinders then everyone will be fitted with level 30 armor, have the best swords and bows along with some class tools.

Which in turn will f*ck over the people who don't know how to make one.

And? If your aloud Xp grinders then everyone will be fitted with level 30 armor, have the best swords and bows along with some class tools.

Which in turn will f*ck over the people who don't know how to make one.

Theres no need for them in 1.3, do a little mining and you'll have loads

True, but that requires effort. Coal will be in short supply because everyone will mine it when they see it.

XP grinders will give people unlimited amounts.

Maybe admins could set up a shop selling bottles of enchanting for diamonds or something. That way your giving something up for it.

Haha you'll get more XP mining for Diamonds , then selling the diamonds for XP :pac::pac:

True, but that requires effort. Coal will be in short supply because everyone will mine it when they see it.

XP grinders will give people unlimited amounts.

Maybe admins could set up a shop selling bottles of enchanting for diamonds or something. That way your giving something up for it.

Sounds like a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

Bad idea! Have minimal interference and let the free market take hold of potion distribution! :pac::pac: Someone could make a fortune supplying various armies....
    gavmcg92 wrote: »
    SodIRE banned for 1 day for breaking and entering (same two pieces of glass as LAZYBOY)
    What is it with people and breaking into my building...

Bad idea! Have minimal interference and let the free market take hold of potion distribution! :pac::pac: Someone could make a fortune supplying various armies....

You can't make exp potions though? But yeah I guess leave as is.

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    You can't make exp potions though? But yeah I guess leave as is.
    Nah I meant the normal potions :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Xenon560

I was thinking (bad, I know :)), but what if on the main island where the resources will mainly be, we have a small town thats fenced and guarded from mobs and is protected by block protection where PvP is off.

We could have small stalls for items that people can buy and also have rooms that you can "rent" for a night of you don't want to venture back to your faction capital just yet as it's night or you want to do a bit more mining/hunting.

This could add something, as another faction could let's say spot someone "renting" a room and just set up outside of town and ambush him when he leaves. Could also add some guard towers? so he could first scout whether it's safe to leave or not.

Xenon560 wrote: »
    I was thinking (bad, I know :)), but what if on the main island where the resources will mainly be, we have a small town thats fenced and guarded from mobs and is protected by block protection where PvP is off.

We could have small stalls for items that people can buy and also have rooms that you can "rent" for a night of you don't want to venture back to your faction capital just yet as it's night or you want to do a bit more mining/hunting.

This could add something, as another faction could let's say spot someone "renting" a room and just set up outside of town and ambush him when he leaves. Could also add some guard towers? so he could first scout whether it's safe to leave or not.

You sir are a legend, that's a great idea. The watch towers are quite cool :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

I'd like to join. My username is BatteryZombie.

I am kind of new to multiplayer Minecraft so; can I just find a plot of land and build a small house etc? How does it work?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭CYHSN

Pen Rua wrote: »
    I'd like to join. My username is BatteryZombie.

I am kind of new to multiplayer Minecraft so; can I just find a plot of land and build a small house etc? How does it work?

Hi Pen, yes just find a nice open space and build on it, there is loads of space outside the town walls and some inside, just be sure not to build over anyone else builds, hard to go wrong, good luck with your small house :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

Xenon560 wrote: »

What about people who both don't want to live in a town and not be in a faction?

Botulism wrote: »
    What about people who both don't want to live in a town and be in a faction?

Pfft Loner :D.

You can just find an isolated spot on the starter island, Judging by the size of the map it'll be fairly big

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭electronige

hi can I be unbaned now ????

What about people who both don't want to live in a town and be in a faction?
    They'll get robbed and beaten.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

Kenno90 wrote: »
    Pfft Loner :D.

You can just find an isolated spot on the starter island, Judging by the size of the map it'll be fairly big

What, and get raided contantly with no protection?
    And for the record, I don't like towns because they make my framerate drop massively. And when you only get 20FPS at best, this is a pretty big problem

• Advertisement

What, and get raided contantly with no protection?
    And for the record, I don't like towns because they make my framerate drop massively. And when you only get 20FPS at best, this is a pretty big problem

Take out insurance with Mine N' Co Insurances :D:D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement