Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread*** Round 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I'll have it back so, I could make great use of it right now :D

Feck off you, you already wore out one set of pads :p

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Sun is out again, Ill do the boot and the front wings I think :)

Halfrauds got the polaris grey paint back in stock so I picked up two cans to do the insides of the rims.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

ah you cleaning boys.... dirt on subaru looks lovely. makes it even more manly! :D

1629571-new-metal-orange-muck-and-slurry-tank-used-to-spray-rotted-animal-excrement-onto-fields-as-a-fertili.jpg

+

9_wht_932.jpg

= fake rally look :p

Impreza-Mud.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Feck off you, you already wore out one set of pads :p

One PAD ;)

• Advertisement

conzymaher wrote: »
    Impreza-Mud.jpg

and its still looks COOLER then washed and polished ST :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

and its still looks COOLER then washed and polished ST :D

That looks fine the hatch scooby looks stupid though

Finally sourced some part worn tyres in the correct sizes so Im getting them Saturday morning, M Sport bumper has been sprayed and should be arriving during the week along with a new power steering pump.

It will be a totally new machine! Cant wait :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Finally sourced some part worn tyres in the correct sizes so Im getting them Saturday morning, M Sport bumper has been sprayed and should be arriving during the week along with a new power steering pump.

How much did the tyres set you back? I'm a long way off needing mine, but by the looks of it I'll have to start the hunt well in advance!

Sounds like we've a decent bit of work ahead of us :p

• Advertisement

I have 2 days off and i know i should wash my poor 2002 Skoda Octavia but but...

<sigh>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Plans for the PG Civic may be significantly changed in the coming weeks.Watch this space ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Gary ITR wrote: »
    Plans for the PG Civic may be significantly changed in the coming weeks.Watch this space ;)

Rewind abit, is that the blue civic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Rewind abit, is that the blue civic?

No, black one....

Gary ITR wrote: »
    No, black one....

Okay....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Okay....

I think this was before your time.
    Himself and another lad (poster?) bought it from another lad that use to post here and AFAIK have been turning it into a touring car for the ITCC.

I haven't seen much news of work on it in the last while but I'm sure we'll be find out more soon enough! :)

CianRyan wrote: »
    I think this was before your time.
    Himself and another lad (poster?) bought it from another lad that use to post here and AFAIK have been turning it into a touring car for the ITCC.

I haven't seen much news of work on it in the last while but I'm sure we'll be find out more soon enough! :)

Ah right, I was unsure.... Thanks for clearing that up cian.

Some people are just ass!

I went early in the morning for hair cut and when I parked a car it was completely empty! You could park anywhere!
    I come back and I see one single car in car park and parked next to my car. Like wtf?!?!

d3ab1b5f.jpg

Nice Scooby, it's crying out for a spoiler though.

Also cost much ? (rough figure)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Jimbob 83 wrote: »

Looks nice and subtle the way it is I thought!

• Advertisement

Jimbob 83 wrote: »

it looks way nicer with no spoiler. this picture does not do it justice though, i took it only to show some peoples lack of brain work. few pages ago there are more pictures of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

it looks way nicer with no spoiler. this picture does not do it justice though, i took it only to show some peoples lack of brain work. few pages ago there are more pictures of it.

Parking right beside the pay meter was your mistake. Always going to get someone parking beside you once your that close to the meter ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

out of intrest, my car has a "3 way graphic equaliser" incorporated into a very post sony xplod stereo :P

i get 3 settings ("lo", "mid", and "hi")... how do i set those to get good bass and trebble? tried lots of combinations but they all sound ****.

generally i set the bass to full, or almost full and the trebble just slightly lesser than full too. cant find a good setting on this stereo though.

draffodx wrote: »
    Parking right beside the pay meter was your mistake. Always going to get someone parking beside you once your that close to the meter ;)

i was looking to park that way so only one car could be on my side. ( in case it will get very busy in that 40min time... :rolleyes: ). next time i will try to avoid pay points too lol.
    still managed to park up next to me with lots of space around me... ffs...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

andyseadog wrote: »
    out of intrest, my car has a "3 way graphic equaliser" incorporated into a very post sony xplod stereo :P

i get 3 settings ("lo", "mid", and "hi")... how do i set those to get good bass and trebble? tried lots of combinations but they all sound ****.

generally i set the bass to full, or almost full and the trebble just slightly lesser than full too. cant find a good setting on this stereo though.

It'll be as much to do with your speaker setup as the stereo in that case.

can you fade the bands between the front and rear speakers? (do you even have rear speakers?)

If you want bass your best bet is to put a Sub in, remove the bass from the existing speakers nearly altogether and have them for mid/high range stuff, leave the bass to the Sub. Over saturating stock speakers with Bass is always going to end up with bad sound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

dar83 wrote: »
    It'll be as much to do with your speaker setup as the stereo in that case.

can you fade the bands between the front and rear speakers? (do you even have rear speakers?)

If you want bass your best bet is to put a Sub in, remove the bass from the existing speakers nearly altogether and have them for mid/high range stuff, leave the bass to the Sub. Over saturating stock speakers with Bass is always going to end up with bad sound.

i have faded out the front speakers completely because they were terribly weak, there is two nice kenwood speakers in the rear, not sure of the details of them.

the sound always sounds very "tinny" or wear if you get me. i've had many cars and never had a problem being satisfied with the sound quality before just by turning up the bass ans trebble slightly.

have no intention of spashing out on subs and ****e like that :pac:

andyseadog wrote: »
    i have faded out the front speakers completely because they were terribly weak, there is two nice kenwood speakers in the rear, not sure of the details of them.

the sound always sounds very "tinny" or wear if you get me. i've had many cars and never had a problem being satisfied with the sound quality before just by turning up the bass ans trebble slightly.

have no intention of spashing out on subs and ****e like that :pac:

Subs arnt that dear, you can get a set... Like, sub, amp and wires from halfords. Or you could take the secound hand route, dd would have ads up of "chaps" wanting to get rid of the subs ect.

If you asked me I'd say it looks naked and wrong without the spoiler, but opinions are like assh0les, everyone has one right? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

If you asked me I'd say it looks naked and wrong without the spoiler, but opinions are like assh0les, everyone has one right? :D

Indeed, and some eject a lot more ****e than others too!

• Advertisement

I find it way more nicer with no spoiler, like I said before.
    In fact that what I planed to do if I would not get the classic blue/yellow impreza.
    It's just that spoiler got so in to peoples head, that imprezas look very weird without it! It's like 1.4 civic with no type r body kit on it! :D
    That picture really does not do it justice. That arse looks great with no coffe table on it! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement