Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Sound!* What's the ':P' about there? Shocked at how simple it is? :pac: Y'know, It's a balls when ya read someone's post, and reply to it, and they edit their post after you reply, then you edit your post to reply properly, then the person replies to your un-edited post. Just happened there now. Wild awkward. :L:L
    yeeeeeeah!*

edit: just realised what you posted was right next to the experiment. oh lord I feel silly hahah

Hahaha yeah it's like edit inception or something.

And it's cooool, I learnt something new by finding it for you :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

justifying not studying because I'm fixing the old CAO ... I dunno what I wan't anymore :(

I'm scared I'll do the same as last year and end up finalising it one hour before the final deadline. :( Can't decide between my first two choices! What's on yours? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Today I'm learning about Latosol soils. Very interesting stuff. Not.

Do you think I'll be covered with Soliloquys, Characterization Of Women, Corruption and Hamlet as a Noble hero for Hamlet Question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

Anyone going to listen to that leaving cert programme on 2XM tomorrow ? Is it worth it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Togepi wrote: »
    I'm scared I'll do the same as last year and end up finalising it one hour before the final deadline. :( Can't decide between my first two choices! What's on yours? :)

Actuarial maths UCD then DCU then primary teaching in mary I and NUIM then 2 arts courses :(
    Thing is I know I'll love teaching but I wont love arts/eduction courses :/ and I know I'll love the actuarial maths course but dunno bout the career :( I really don't know what I want to do anymore though, so I'm looking at other courses now :( My parents will kill me :(
    what's on yours? :) and another question, how did you find repeating ?

• Advertisement

Actuarial maths UCD then DCU then primary teaching in mary I and NUIM then 2 arts courses :(
    Thing is I know I'll love teaching but I wont love arts/eduction courses :/ and I know I'll love the actuarial maths course but dunno bout the career :( I really don't know what I want to do anymore though, so I'm looking at other courses now :( My parents will kill me :(
    what's on yours? :) and another question, how did you find repeating ?

I'd love an arts course! :P What parts do you think you won't like?

I've got product design and languages down, followed by a good mix of arts and psychology courses (I'd probably hate psychology, it just sounds cool). :rolleyes:

Ah it was grand really, but I wouldn't recommend it! I don't regret it at all, but it's tough, especially at the start, unless you happen to repeat with all of your friends instead of having them all living it up in college while you head back to school. :cool: I've enjoyed the last few months, but I was a bit miserable at the start, even though one of my friends was back repeating too. And it's nice to have so much time in the library to get stuff done, rather than being pushed for time with everything. :) The library does get old after a while, but I managed to avoid that boredom for longer than most of the other repeats. :P Just having six subjects is nice too. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I want to stay in school forever, who wants to actually get a boring 9-5 6 day job?
    Boo life!

I've got product design and languages down, followed by a good mix of arts and psychology courses (I'd probably hate psychology, it just sounds cool). :rolleyes:

Ah it was grand really, but I wouldn't recommend it! I don't regret it at all, but it's tough, especially at the start, unless you happen to repeat with all of your friends instead of having them all living it up in college while you head back to school. :cool: I've enjoyed the last few months, but I was a bit miserable at the start, even though one of my friends was back repeating too. And it's nice to have so much time in the library to get stuff done, rather than being pushed for time with everything. :) The library does get old after a while, but I managed to avoid that boredom for longer than most of the other repeats. :P Just having six subjects is nice too. :D

I dunno, just when I attended talks about them, I just knew they weren't for me :( I think the type of assignments that are required would absolutely kill me :P ha but if I want to be a teacher, I'd stick it out :)
    ooh sounds nice :) you'll be well suited to them :)
    ugh I've gotten to the stage where i'm googling "best jobs in the world" yeah :rolleyes: and searching the whats on your cao thread to look at different courses :L
    ha ok, thanks miss :) thinking a lot about repeating myself lately :L
    @Eathrin Jobs are fun :P I'd prefer it to school anyways even where i'm working now :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Kitty you wont be repeating, shut up :P
    *goes back to studying* :pac:

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Kitty you wont be repeating, shut up :P
    *goes back to studying* :pac:

I might, you never know :P I dunno what to do with my life patch, that's the problem :( what a time to have yet another mid-lc crisis :P
    Go back to studying patch :P :)

• Advertisement

I dunno, just when I attended talks about them, I just knew they weren't for me :( I think the type of assignments that are required would absolutely kill me :P ha but if I want to be a teacher, I'd stick it out :)
    ooh sounds nice :) you'll be well suited to them :)
    ugh I've gotten to the stage where i'm googling "best jobs in the world" yeah :rolleyes: and searching the whats on your cao thread to look at different courses :L
    ha ok, thanks miss :) thinking a lot about repeating myself lately :L

Don't repeat! Take a year out to find the course you want if you have to. :) But don't just repeat because you're indecisive, you don't want to end up like me. :P

Some of the assignments they get on teaching courses are brutal alright. :cool: I've heard horror stories about lesson plans. :pac:

And googling jobs is actually a good idea, I'd never heard of my first choice until a career guidance lady told me I'd probably love product design. :rolleyes: :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

Product design and languages? That sounds so cool! :D Where's that? I'd say you're doing DCG and stuff like that for the lc yea? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

I think actuary is the 2nd best job in the world? :L My uncle's one and he loves it, earns almost 2 hundred bloody thousand a year too :eek: Saying that, he spent 7 years doing exams :P

Product design and languages? That sounds so cool! :D Where's that? I'd say you're doing DCG and stuff like that for the lc yea? :P

Ha it's two separate courses! :P I wish it was a combined course, I can't decide between them! :( Both are in UL. :D And yeah I'm doing DCG, did Art the first time I did the Leaving too. The product design course actually looks like such craic!! I went to the talk on it in October, and I was like, this can't be considered college, it looks like waaay too much fun! :D

Don't repeat! Take a year out to find the course you want if you have to. :) But don't just repeat because you're indecisive, you don't want to end up like me. :P

Some of the assignments they get on teaching courses are brutal alright. :cool: I've heard horror stories about lesson plans. :pac:

And googling jobs is actually a good idea, I'd never heard of my first choice until a career guidance lady told me I'd probably love product design. :rolleyes: :P
    I mightn't get my points either though... hmmm indecision will be the death of me :( my sister repeated, but in the end she thinks she should have just taken what she got first time and i've kinda been like that all year like whatever I get, its meant to be :rolleyes: end up like you ? :P what's that supposed to mean :P
    haha same and my cousin is doing arts and she was telling me all bout it :O
    Wesc. wrote: »
    I think actuary is the 2nd best job in the world? :L My uncle's one and he loves it, earns almost 2 hundred bloody thousand a year too :eek: Saying that, he spent 7 years doing exams :P

Ha it is in one of the lists anyways :L ha I've went on work exp in it and I was all hopeful bout it until dun dun dun the orals ... my examiner and I had a big chat about actuaries and he was telling me how stressful the job is (all in irish of course :L ) etc... and then I was talking to a friend a couple of weeks back and she was telling me her cousin was an actuary and it was so stressful and stuff :( and I dunno if that's really what I want :( I've had the whole working and managing school the last few years I dunno if I want that my whole life :(

I mightn't get my points either though... hmmm indecision will be the death of me :( my sister repeated, but in the end she thinks she should have just taken what she got first time and i've kinda been like that all year like whatever I get, its meant to be :rolleyes: end up like you ? :P what's that supposed to mean :P
    haha same and my cousin is doing arts and she was telling me all bout it :O

Ah you probably will though. :) My brother repeated too - snap!! :P One main reason I went back was because my other brother told me if he could go back in time, he'd have repeated and actually worked instead of ending up doing eight years in college. :eek: But like that's just me and him, we're too lazy to get it right the first time. :rolleyes: I don't even know what it's supposed to mean. :pac: I guess I'm just not a good example of how to go about going to college and all. :P Yeah I've a few friends doing arts and they were telling me about it but that makes me like the sound of it more! Apart from the essays and assignments and numerous exams and stuff. :cool: :P

Ha it's two separate courses! :P I wish it was a combined course, I can't decide between them! :( Both are in UL. :D And yeah I'm doing DCG, did Art the first time I did the Leaving too. The product design course actually looks like such craic!! I went to the talk on it in October, and I was like, this can't be considered college, it looks like waaay too much fun! :D

This really does look awesome :D
    It is the aim of the course to educate you as a designer. You will learn about design, modelling and aesthetics, including elements of science and technology.

I love that word. :pac: That actually sounds epic, and it's a science degree which is sweet too. I had a language-based course down for ages too, Linguistics in DCU I think! Unreal interesting, but really the only thing you could do with it is a PhD, or be a translator. :P I'm actually gona stick this down on my CAO, looks deadly. The only thing that'd put me off is it being in Limerick, even tho I've never been to it the reputation would scare me off. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

Anyone that does Economics-
    Is there any point learning Rostow's Stages of Economic Growth? It's never come up and it's not even mentioned in the revision book...

Anyone that does Economics-
    Is there any point learning Rostow's Stages of Economic Growth? It's never come up and it's not even mentioned in the revision book...

Never even heard of it....:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I just remembered my school leaves the heating on all the time even when it's hot like this. Last week it was like a sauna I really hope they turn the heating off. I can't work in that heat.

It feels slightly scarier doing the lc the second time as it's like your final shot do get the right results.

• Advertisement

This really does look awesome :D
    It is the aim of the course to educate you as a designer. You will learn about design, modelling and aesthetics, including elements of science and technology.

I love that word. :pac: That actually sounds epic, and it's a science degree which is sweet too. I had a language-based course down for ages too, Linguistics in DCU I think! Unreal interesting, but really the only thing you could do with it is a PhD, or be a translator. :P I'm actually gona stick this down on my CAO, looks deadly. The only thing that'd put me off is it being in Limerick, even tho I've never been to it the reputation would scare me off. :pac:

Haha, I'm a fan of that word meself! :D Ah UL seems unreal though, it's got the biggest campus in the country so the atmosphere is meant to be brilliant! Just seems like an epic college, I've it down five or six times even though I would be a little scared of the city, but the awesomeness of the college cancels that out. :D

Haha, I'm a fan of that word meself! :D Ah UL seems unreal though, it's got the biggest campus in the country so the atmosphere is meant to be brilliant! Just seems like an epic college, I've it down five or six times even though I would be a little scared of the city, but the awesomeness of the college cancels that out. :D

Sweet! I'd no idea about that :pac: I hope ya get your points for it hey, seems like it'd be a perfect course for ya :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Had a nice realisation today that even if I were to just improve a bit in one subject from the mocks, I'd have the points that I'm aiming for. Let's just hope I can keep all the others the same though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I still can't believe it's on in 9 days. I'm going to try and get all my subjects covered by this wednesday that way I can feel more ready . I have the majority done it's mainly just learning it off properly. I have to definitely wake up early from now on. I always say this and don't get up til 9am and don't start until 10-12 I really am going to for this week.
    I was more productive during easter. Going back to that from now :). Starting from 8am I must sleep much earlier too.

Im Not d0ing any study

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Anybody else still going to school?
    I'll be in as much as I can over the next month.
    I'll miss the 'oul place.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Going to give this last week 110%. Going into school at 9 and morphing my study around my extra maths classes, so I'm staying in from when tomorrow's finishes at 12 til half 3ish, and getting up early every day. None of this will make a huge impact on getting my course because I'm not worried about points, but I wanna do as well as I know I can lest I kick myself forever. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

To whoever it was who was thinking of repeating, don't. I just did it this year, biggest waste of time and money imaginable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

I think late night study from now on for me. It just works better.

• Advertisement

I like the Spoiler Function

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement